Nvidia Physx strikes again: Cryostasis tech demo

Thanks for understanding what I meant. I guess that what I want to say is, eventhough a developer doesn't think that hardware physics is important for them, it doesn't mean that they can't create a great game without it and eventhough a developer thinks that hardware physics is important to be used in their game, it doesn't mean that they will create a good game with it.

You're forgetting something though:
The developer that thinks hardware physics are important has some extra options at his disposal. If he manages to create a good game with good use of those options, it would be a better game than when it has not used these options.

The developer that thinks hardware physics are important has some extra options at his disposal. If he manages to create a good game with good use of those options, it would be a better game than when it has not used these options.

I agree but until now there are not enough good games with PhysX and there are tons of great games without it. Like I said before, PhysX won't be the next big thing without good games and I also said that I'll jump on the PhysX bandwagon gladly when there are a few good games available. We will see in the next few (12) months whether there will be enough good games with PhysX or not. The truth is, using PhysX won't make a bad game good and a good game won't be bad without PhysX.

Oh definitely. The mere thought of playing (or making...) a fully up-to date version of Lufia II with physics and realism everywhere (with the updates to the gameplay this'd make possible), makes me want to splurge with happiness :D

Then again I'm probably just an enormous Lufia fangirl :p

(our upcoming game (1H'09) should be an interesting test for PhysX in our games, though)

Back