NVIDIA PureVideo

Rainman21

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know if there are any programs that are like NVIDIA PureVideo, that is freeware and works with windows media center?

I don't think so mate.
Out of curiosity, can you use somehow PureVideo with another media player? I just hate so much WMV

Any DirectShow based player can be made to use PureVideo. It's a DirectShow codec just like any other.

Is there any websites other than nvidia.com where I can buy nvidia purevideo and pay with a U.S. Postal Money Order?

Is there any websites other than nvidia.com where I can buy nvidia purevideo and pay with a U.S. Postal Money Order?

In the past when I didn't have credit or debit cards, I just pay a friend to let me use his's.

go and download KLites codec pack it has a lot of very high quality commonly used efficient codecs. purevideo is just a fancy codec

go and download KLites codec pack it has a lot of very high quality commonly used efficient codecs. purevideo is just a fancy codec

....that actually makes use of your GPU's hardware decoding capabilities, unlike many less "fancy" codecs.

I downloaded this codec pack. Its awesome for the most part. But it does an aboslutely Sh*tty job playing back my divx files. I thought something was wrong with my computer when i was playing some scrubs and boston legal episodes, the video looked bad (even for my high compression divx) and the sound was atrocious. I then thought well hmm.. maybe i should try another player. So i tried nero showtime and the video looked much imporoved but what was most night and day was the sound, 100% better. Anyways thats just my experience. Wish i could force WMP to use whatever codecs showtime is using...

I've been meaning to try the free trial of purevideo of the $20 version. Their website is so confusing. They have a few different versions. Does it affect recording in the background? I.E. I am browsing the Internet while two HD shows are being recorded.

I downloaded this codec pack. Its awesome for the most part. But it does an aboslutely Sh*tty job playing back my divx files. I thought something was wrong with my computer when i was playing some scrubs and boston legal episodes, the video looked bad (even for my high compression divx) and the sound was atrocious. I then thought well hmm.. maybe i should try another player. So i tried nero showtime and the video looked much imporoved but what was most night and day was the sound, 100% better. Anyways thats just my experience. Wish i could force WMP to use whatever codecs showtime is using...

because k-lite is garbage, most codec packs are. Xvid, x264, and VLC are all I ever need. (no comments on fddshow, never used it).

Back