Nvidia says Its Coming........

I don't get this line of thinking. Have you never bothered to do the math and see what comes out to be a better value over time? This may not be true about all of the Titan cards, but at least for Pascal, the TX has been cheaper for the level of performance it brings if you stretch out the cost over time. That has come out to ~$2.44 a day for the Titan X vs $3.12 for the 1080Ti from release date to today.
Your method is correct only if you replace the 1080ti today.
The reality is you will keep it until the next xx80ti card comes out.
Resale losses are less too.

If you must have the newest Titan because your performance is too low, thats where the value for the Titan exists.
You gotta pay to play at the leading edge.

Your method is correct only if you replace the 1080ti today.
The reality is you will keep it until the next xx80ti card comes out.
Resale losses are less too.

If you must have the newest Titan because your performance is too low, thats where the value for the Titan exists.
You gotta pay to play at the leading edge.

The truth is you can't play a game today with a GPU you buy tomorrow.

I was disappointed with the performance of my dual 980ti's on my 4k screen, so I bought the Pascal Titan X at launch.

Because of that I got 6 months of enjoyment out of it, I wouldn't have had, had I followed the "wait for 1080ti" logic.

Sure, they are expensive, but the cost is worth it compares to spending 6 months of being pissed off at my system because of inadequate performance.

It is most likely a mildly overclocked Titan Xp, with 16GB VRAM. Slightly less likely that it will come with CLC. Less likely still, that it will have HBM2, or maybe GDDR6.

It is most likely a mildly overclocked Titan Xp, with 16GB VRAM. Slightly less likely that it will come with CLC. Less likely still, that it will have HBM2, or maybe GDDR6.

Yeah, I still don't understand why people are so excited about HBM. Current designs still aren't being held back by GDDR5x so there would be no discernable benefit from going HBM except board real estate due to it being stackable.

Come on now, It has a 384 bit bus so you can't just stick 16 GB of vram on it. The only way it would have 16 GB is if it went to HBM.

Back