NVIDIA SHIELD Pro Listing on Amazon

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Are you drooling with anticipation yet? If you are looking forward to the 4K goodness of Android-powered TV, your wait is getting shorter. Coming soon: the 500GB version of the NVIDIA SHIELD Pro. Amazon has put up the NVIDIA SHIELD Pro page and you can get yourself on the notification list of availability. Pricing is rumored to be $299 for the 500GB option. Drooling may now continue. :D

I am very much looking forward to this, replacing my Google ADT-1. However, I will only need the 16GB option as I won't be installing any games; just streaming them from my PC.

When I think of hardcore gaming, I definitely think of tablet... oh wait, no I don't. I guess this would be good if I had kids on a long car drive though, but for an adult... I don't get it.

When I think of hardcore gaming, I definitely think of tablet... oh wait, no I don't. I guess this would be good if I had kids on a long car drive though, but for an adult... I don't get it.

This isn't a tablet. It wouldn't do you any good in a car.

Funny, the 500gb one showed up on Nvidia's site about a month back and they said it was for a devkit version...

Still, makes me wonder what kind of HDD is in this thing. The 3D breakaway images on their product page seem to indicate a 2.5" bay, despite no listing of having such a feature on said page.

This isn't a tablet. It wouldn't do you any good in a car.
Oops, fail. My bad, I was thinking it was a thick new version of the NVidia Shield tablet. So this is for TV and that Grid game streaming deal.

So you can play mobile phone games filled with google and apply spyware on your tv? Yay?

You can play 4k hd video on a smart 4k hd tv that already does it, but with a google spyware middleman instead? Yay?

You can put a spyware layer in between your tv and steambox? Yay?

Oops, fail. My bad, I was thinking it was a thick new version of the NVidia Shield tablet. So this is for TV and that Grid game streaming deal.

GRID streaming (their version of OnLive), they've also created Android ports of PC games like Crysis 3 (because this thing runs a Maxwell chip, they claim 'desktop level' graphics for their Android ports), and for streaming your Steam/PC games from your gaming PC (which is what I'm going to use it for).

"We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site "

Are you drooling with anticipation yet? If you are looking forward to the 4K goodness of Android-powered TV
Jesus no. The opposite.

I was the one that discovered and posted the find earlier this morn, Amazon has since pulled the listing, Yet no credz :( for me Iz so sad =(

I have no interest in any device like this.

For me there is one platform for games, and one only, and that is a custom built (by me) desktop PC.

I will not play any game on any other platform.

This is a dead link, as someone at Amazon may have made a mistake.

Side note: The SHIELD device is very powerful, but I get the impression that people see it as some type of replacement for their computer which is far from the case.

Zarathustra[H];1041607031 said:

For me there is one platform for games, and one only, and that is a custom built (by me) desktop PC.

Now If only devs would make games for your platform. That would be perfect.

Zarathustra[H];1041607031 said:

Well, this does play games from *your platform* too; via streaming.

It looks like this would be better than Steam Link, if the price is in the same ballpark.

It looks like this would be better than Steam Link, if the price is in the same ballpark.

$50 for the Steam Link, $200 for this (16GB version). Where the price discrepency comes in is the SHIELD will play 'desktop quality' games natively on the device; as well as streaming from your PC and from the internet/GRID service - while the Steam Link will only stream from your PC.

The SHIELD will also have things like an IR receiver built in (with promised Harmony support), as well as the Android TV platform for TV viewing and streaming apps/services; which the Steam Link lacks.

If the SHIELD only had a BR disc tray/playing app built in, it could be my literal all-in-one device. But, it still does plenty as-is :)

im waiting for a tegra x1 tablet.. with 4k display.. thats what i want... a shield pro tablet

Does the link work for anyone? I've tried a few times today with no luck. Am looking to pre-order.

Does the link work for anyone? I've tried a few times today with no luck. Am looking to pre-order.

They took it down. I guess they jumped the gun/let the cat out of the bag too early.

Back