nVidia Tforce-Looks promising

Soymilk said:
no need to be offensive about it, a simple no would b good enough. plus someone already said it before you.
no joke.

edit: ROFL. he said that to himself.

r00k said:
no

retard get with the times. agp = old, outdated, ... OUT

Did you just qoute yourself, then procede to call yourself a retard? :confused: Damn I need a beer.

So its looking like the Asus CSM is the board to get right now for me. Its got all the features that the other 430/6150 boards pick and choose from. ie Gigabit ethernet, DVI out, HD audio, etc.

Hopefully it'll be a good overclocking board too and then it'll be perfect.

haha, yes i did indeed knowingly quote myself. it seemed to be the resounding echo of "no". i had to join in in telling this guy no in case nobody else could answer...

r00k said:
haha, yes i did indeed knowingly quoted myself. it seemed to be the resounding echo of "no". i had to join in in telling this guy no in case nobody else could answer...

*backs away slowly....*

Sorry to resurrect, but anyone know about a board with integrated 6150+HDTV output (maybe even without an Albatron-style breakout box/cable) and SPDIF output onboard as well? I know Albatron offers that particular pair, but I'd rather not need the cable for yPrPb output. Additionally, there's still no ETA on the board, or the required accessories for it.

any updates or has anyone seen any new reviews of TForce based boards?

No updates yet
Hopefully the Asus mobo will get into someone's hands soon.
www.neximaging.com told me that they were shipping their pre-orders out tomorrow.
I didnt order one but im sure somebody here did :)

Does anyone know of any reviews of the ASUS A8N-VM CSM. i want to buy the Biostar because its outstanding performance but if that mobo has just as good at overclocking as the Biostar I may have to snatch one up. :p

well I bought the gigabyte one for now until some high performance ones are released.

Definitely the Albatron. I just don't like the HDTV breakout box.
The Asus CSM also has SPDIF, though I'm not sure if it's coax or optical.

mavalpha said:
Definitely the Albatron. I just don't like the HDTV breakout box.
The Asus CSM also has SPDIF, though I'm not sure if it's coax or optical.

The Biostar has both SPDIF(coax) and Toslink (optical).

I wish everyone would learn the difference. SPDIF stands for Sony Philips Digital InterFace. It is a spec that calls for a 75ohm electrical connection. Nothing optical about it.
Toslink is just one of a number of fiber optic connections for carrying digital information.

Hofy said:
I wish everyone would learn the difference. SPDIF stands for Sony Philips Digital InterFace. It is a spec that calls for a 75ohm electrical connection. Nothing optical about it.
Toslink is just one of a number of fiber optic connections for carrying digital information.
Not to be rude, but even if you're right it's a losing battle.
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=204&product=9103&nav=0
Creative Labs said:
Comprehensive connectivity options including Line-In, Mic-In, SPDIF Out, Optical SPDIF In/Out

I was actually pointing out that Creative itself, who pretty much sets the rules in consumer sound cards, doesn't acknowledge the difference between TOSlink and optical S/PDIF; the latter is more common among their own product pages.
VIA notes the difference in its Envy24 line, but every board that actually utilizes the Envy24HT still refers to the misnomer. Give it time, and the name TOSlink will fade into the mists of history. Everyone knows it one way, and I don't think they'll change that in the near future.

Hofy said:
Sure about that? I've seen several references to optical being included in the S/PDIF standard (IEC 60958-3).

mavalpha said:
I was actually pointing out that Creative itself, who pretty much sets the rules in consumer sound cards, doesn't acknowledge the difference between TOSlink and optical S/PDIF; the latter is more common among their own product pages.
VIA notes the difference in its Envy24 line, but every board that actually utilizes the Envy24HT still refers to the misnomer. Give it time, and the name TOSlink will fade into the mists of history. Everyone knows it one way, and I don't think they'll change that in the near future.

im most likely wrong about this, but wasnt TOSlink sony's own thing that they used befor SPDIF became the standard, TOSlink was orriginally desgined for use in high end consumer audio, to carry both audio and commands to remote devises in a bi-directional mode, as in audio is played from a cd p-layer in room b while reciver/amp is set up in room a audio data is flowing downstream from b to a while command data (change disk/track/play/pause/stop) flows upstream from the reciver room (a)

like i said.. i may be thinking of soething else, but for some reason this is the way i remeber it...

thore

Is there any info at all on a DFI 6150 board? Leaked specs, rumors on features?

i emailed them a couple times, once i just asked a general statement like "how many options will it have? as much as the lanparty nf4 ultra-d?" and they replied w/ no, not so much. i tried emailing again asking if they can tell me specific options that it has, no response :(

Back