NVIDIA Unveils nForce Pro 2200 & 2050

I hope Asus isn't first to market with this. They'll screw it up and all these people with servers who want/need reliable uptime will be pissed.

Now these look good. Their tyan so overclocking will basically be nothing, but they are server boards so you pretty much won't be doing that.

K8WE
K8SRE

EDIT: I do find it funny that the K8SRE is an Nvidia based board but has an onboard ATI card.

Ati Rage is the standard for integrated graphics on servers, not good for anything but 2d, but hey, isn't that what server boards are for?

I know it's the standard, just saying it's an ati chip on an nvidia chipset. None the less, they still put an x16 slot

LittleMe said:
Now these look good. Their tyan so overclocking will basically be nothing, but they are server boards so you pretty much won't be doing that.

K8WE
K8SRE

EDIT: I do find it funny that the K8SRE is an Nvidia based board but has an onboard ATI card.

no the irony was not lost on me... :)

Hi'a folks.
I was just reading Anand's article aboout the 2200 & 2050

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2327

On page 4 he talks about multiple PCI-e x16 lanes.
I understand "very little" about workstation graphics but I'm an avid gamer so I can't help but think that it would be a good thing for us gamers.

Knowing that the Nforce SLI chipset only supports 1x PCI-e 16 + 1x PCI-e 8 and video cards are PCI-e 16 being able to run both full speed should be a boost correct?

Anyone that could shed some light on this for me (pros & cons) would be greatly appreciated.
:confused:

SureFire said:
Anyone seen this board elsewhere or have anymore information on this motherboard?

Foxconn Winfast NF4PIK8AA-8EKRS -nForce4 Pro?

http://www.3gplaza.com/estore/control/Computer3G/productdetails?id=34096
Ok - I got the 2 spec sheets from Foxconn on their Winfast NF4PIK8AA-8EKRS on this board. It is nForce4 Pro board that is dual-core ready.

***EDIT*** Links removed at the request of Foxconn as it is an unreleased product.

SureFire

sapient said:
Hi'a folks.
I was just reading Anand's article aboout the 2200 & 2050

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2327

On page 4 he talks about multiple PCI-e x16 lanes.
I understand "very little" about workstation graphics but I'm an avid gamer so I can't help but think that it would be a good thing for us gamers.

Knowing that the Nforce SLI chipset only supports 1x PCI-e 16 + 1x PCI-e 8 and video cards are PCI-e 16 being able to run both full speed should be a boost correct?

Anyone that could shed some light on this for me (pros & cons) would be greatly appreciated.
:confused:

Although it does support dual x16 slots at full speed, vs. the nForce4 sli with 2 x16's(which when you switch to sli mode actually be 2 x8's) you won't notice a thing. Many reviewers have noted that even if both slots were x4 there was almost no difference. No cards currently out take advantage of the bandwidth.

Thanks for the info.

I've been holding off upgrading due to all the SLI hype.
Do you think there would there be any benefit (short or long) term (future upgradability) for a gamer to run this chipset with an Opteron over an SLI socket 939 like the Asus or similar?

Not really, just go with an FX55 if you want the best you can get. I thought about the FX55, then decided I would just get a 3500+, save the extra 500+ and hold out on an expensive chip until the dual cores get here.

Back