NWN 2 or DoW:Dark Crusade?

WhyYouLoveMe

Supreme [H]ardness
So... I'm presented with ordering a video card from Newegg on the cheap and I'm trying to get one that comes with a free game. NeverWinter Nights 2 and Dawn of War: Dark Crusade are my choices. Which game is better overall?

I've played Oblivion and enjoyed that. I've played Supreme Commander and enjoyed that. I love games in general so I'm just looking for the game that presents a more engrossing experience over the other. Also I'm not interested in playing DoW online, just SP campaign stuff. Thanks for any input, [H]ard dudes!

DoW all the way.

edit: but get the first two so you can play as all the races as well. they're cheap.

I haven't played DoW. But I have tried to finish NWN2 twice unsuccessfully. I just lose interest. The game just seems too linear for a game at this juncture.

DoW all the way.

edit: but get the first two so you can play as all the races as well. they're cheap.

Q4T

I own both, NWN2 I played for about a week. DoW has been installed since I got it just after release, and I ended up getting the add-ons.

I've played NWN1 and DoW : Dark Crusade, and I'd say go with Dark Crusade. I haven't played nwn2, admittedly, but I've consistently read some pretty negative things about it. I really enjoyed Dark Crusade when I was playing it. I ended up playing this game several times using most of the different races, and that's a pretty rare thing for me to do - even in RTS games. The strategic metamap was a nice twist, I thought. If you do go with Dark Crusade, check out the Skirmish AI mod. It improves the AI quite a bit ( while maintaining difficulty levels), and it functions in the main SP campaign.

Go with the DoWXP mod, which incorporates the Skirmish AI mod, for the best DoW experience.

Back