NWN Switching between Party Members

I know this is a stupid question with prolly a simple answer that I am somehow missing, but I just started replaying NWN, I haven't played it in Years, and I just recently got the urge to Play it again. But I can't seem to remember how to switch control between party members. I just started playing it a few min ago, and I added my first party member, but I can't remember how to switch to him so I can control him. Back in the Baldurs Gate games, you just clicked on their portrait, but that doesnt seem to be working. So can someone tell me how I switch to controlling one of the part members ?

I'm starting to think that you can take control of one of your party members can you ? You can only issue them commands ? Is that the case, or can you actually take control of a party member like you could in Baldurs Gate. In BG, you could just click on them and then you would control that party members movements and everything.

And can't you at least open your party members inventory and trade items between them, and choose what they have equipped ?

In NWN1 you can't directly control henchmen / NPC followers. It's been a long time so I'm hazy on the details, but I think you can view their inventory just with the "i" button on the keyboard, but perhaps this was introduced in the expansions. You can also talk to them and generally there's a dialogue option for them to show their inventory. You can also issue commands quicker using the "v" key on the keyboard for quick chat, browse around that and you should see commands like "attack", "guard me", "help me" and so forth that cause a variety of effects.

NWN2 brought about full party/companion control.

Yea i knew how to look at my own inventory using the I hotkey. But its been so long since i played that i am a lil hazy as well, but now that you mention it, i remember that you aren't able to control your followers like in Baldurs Gate and other such games. I don't believe there is a dialogue option to view your followers inventory tho, i will have to check, haven't had a chance to even sit down and play since posting this. But Hopefully tonight I will have some freetime.

Thanks for the info bro

Back