Oblivion $39.99

DigitalEdge

Limp Gawd
Comp USA and Circuit City are advertising Oblivion for $39.99 in Sunday paper
Available this week

Good god tomorrow is gonna be an amazing day...CompUSA after school for Oblivion, then Prison Break and 24......

Thanks for the heads up.

The Circuit City ad says that it will be available Thursday. Anyone know if that is accurate? When can we expect to see it in stores?

TekSomniaK said:
Good god tomorrow is gonna be an amazing day...CompUSA after school for Oblivion, then Prison Break and 24......

Thanks for the heads up.

Oblivian ships tomorrow. You won't be able to buy it anywhere until Tuesday. CompUSA, i doubt they will ahve it before wednesday or thursday

I bet it's already shipped. They just can't sell it until the 20th. That's the way it's usually done.

and I was going to try and resist buying this game until summer time...
I know I can't resist hunting it down for $40. time for a road trip.

circuit city's price is 49.99. the 39.99 price is for empire at war and BF2, right above oblivion.

compUSA has the CE for 44.99, which is a pretty good deal.

ScotteusMaximus said:
circuit city's price is 49.99. the 39.99 price is for empire at war and BF2, right above oblivion.

compUSA has the CE for 44.99, which is a pretty good deal.

Collector's Edition for PC or for Xbox360?

Yea, usually places like circuit city and best buy dont even get them on the shelves until like Thursday or Friday after the release. However there have been a few, very few time where they get something on shelfs on the actual release day. There was that one time though where I was able to buy Doom 3 the Friday BEFORE release at bestbuy though. Walked in, it was on shelves. I went in there the next day and they had ripped them off, I asked a guy about it and he said "We had em out last night but we got a call from corporate to take them off immediatly."

TekSomniaK said:

Thanks for the heads up.

This guy knows how to have a good time :D I hoping for the exact same thing to happen to me tomorrow!!

ScotteusMaximus said:
PC. it's a good deal, but not that good =P

It is compared to $64 shipped 2-day air FedEx like I am paying! Will this deal be available online?

Anyone have the link to the ad scan with the PC version of Oblivion Collector's Edition for $44.99 at COMPUSA? I can't find it in their circular online, and the site search doesn't even list it for the PC. Thanks!

GoldenTiger said:
Anyone have the link to the ad scan with the PC version of Oblivion Collector's Edition for $44.99 at COMPUSA? I can't find it in their circular online, and the site search doesn't even list it for the PC. Thanks!
A phone call to CompUSA indicated that the $44.99 price wasn't the case... at least not where I am.

jsu718 said:
A phone call to CompUSA indicated that the $44.99 price wasn't the case... at least not where I am.

Same, I finally got through to a local rep. and he told me it was $59.99 for the Collector's PC Edition, and the normal edition for PC was $39.99 (once they come in stock).

yea, my local ad also didnt show that price for the CE version...standard website doesnt show it either.

That's a picture of the standard version, and looking at their web site, it has the SE version for 360 for the price you stated.

jsu718 said:
That's a picture of the standard version, and looking at their web site, it has the SE version for 360 for the price you stated.

i don't know which color boxes (dark brown/tan) correspond to which version (CE/standard), but when i mouse over the 44.99 price, it pops up with the CE version, like in that screen cap above. maybe they meant to advertise the 360 SE for that price, since that one's the same as the PC CE.

I went to my local compussr, and they were out, and they told me that the price for the collecers was wrong anyways. so I took the ad to best buy and they price matched the collectors edition! :D I left BB with a large smile on my face!

Guess I should post in here. Since I got in on this Tuesday afternoon. Thanks OP. :)

LOL,

I took the compusa ad to circuit city last night and got the CE version for $43.49 plus tax.

Did you guys simply print this on a printer before bringing it to Best Buy?

general said:
Did you guys simply print this on a printer before bringing it to Best Buy?

No, I went to compusa and picked up one of thier ads :D

Fun game. Been addicted to it for past 2 days. Hard game as well, but fun. Its kewl also, before you get out of the sewers, you actually get a second chance to change your race, class, and birthsign.

Im like lvl 4. Still alot of stuff I dont know.

Comp usa by me is a joke....so ya, I go in to buy the game..I go do you have Oblivion he says one sec he has like 2 copies of the Collector edition (behind the counter..wtf) in that’s it?..WTF he says you want one for $59.99 I said ....later seems like Comp usa dosent put stuff out till the sale is over watch next week they will have hundreds in stock...but for $49.99 pure BS So tired of this crap

I just had fred meyers price match the compusa ad for the ce with no issues. Just had to have the ad and they're so much closer to me :)

Back