Oblivion 7900GTX512SC compared to x1900xtx tested!

AstroCat said:
I got a chance at lunch to play around some more with the 2 systems.

I'd love to hear some other people results, maybe I'm doing something wrong and can tweak both setups to be better? :)

I would imagine your play experiences would be in line with anyone else using those setups. I would really like to see some testing done with SLI. I assume it will be soon, though.

Great info. Thanks for the comparison. I am still on the fence about the x1900 and 7900gtx.

If I were buying a card today and I was buying it for Oblivion, I would buy the 1900xtx.

thats a good question, because I need to see a little more benchies, perhaps a screenie or two, b4 purchasing a new card, right now I have an x800xl and im worried it might not be enough.

I'm still wondering which card/s (xfire and sli to be considered too) will give the best playable frame rates with high end graphics. Not necessarily high quality as it may not be very playable but at least near high quality. I've noticed people already declaring ATI the winner. I'm not too sure it will be faster. I'm gonna wait for some benchmark screenshots with ATI using 6.3 and nvidia using the new beta driver they are launching tomorrow. I wouldn't declare either the winner just yet. Anyone who says otherwise is just spreading vaporware.

I wish a respectable website would benchmark this game already. I thought I would have seen atleast one by now. I guess they are all too busy playing the game LOL.

Anyway There are some new drivers up on Nvidia's website. They are not the ones listed to be the ones to improve anything in Oblivion, but I would figure there has to be some reason for Nvidia to put an update out only a week or two after the last one. Maybe it does help in oblivon :) I would download it and check.

Anyway I have a 7900 GTX with a processor thats most definately not a bottle neck. As soon as I get home from work I will be installing ESO and will post my findings here. I will use fraps and take a screenshot of where in game I was with the frame rate up top, maybe someone with an 1900XTX could do the same and we can see the differences.

Too much speculation and too many !!!!!!s to believe anything right now.

Edit:
wow F A N B O Y is blocked? bad word, LOL

Back