Oblivion: Ebony Armor

Moderman

Limp Gawd
Ok, I'm looking for ebony armor in oblivion. Plus I already know you have to be level 15 or higher which I am at 15, and I was wondering were you all had the most luck finding ebony armor I already killed Umbra cause I thought that the armor she had was ebony, but it was Umbra ebony armor and I didnt like the look so much so I hope I can get a reply thanks :)

Moderman

i think that i sthe look of ebony armor. so if you got Umbras, youre pretty much set. i used that one from level 12 or so til i found better enchanted items.

Umbra's Ebony armor looks just like regular Ebony armor... same defense too when I got it, the only difference I saw was the name.

i just got some today in a fort/dungeon just east of anvil called fort strand, the curaiss is worth 1900 gold by itself!

I got ebony armor and i think the set looks like crap, i hated using it till i got a full daedric set.

To each their own I guess, on one of my characters I just kept my ebony and sold off daedric because I hated the look of it /shrug
Light armor is even worse for my tastes, I like mithril but dislike elven and hate the glass armors look.

Moderman said:
Ok, I'm looking for ebony armor in oblivion. Plus I already know you have to be level 15 or higher which I am at 15, and I was wondering were you all had the most luck finding ebony armor I already killed Umbra cause I thought that the armor she had was ebony, but it was Umbra ebony armor and I didnt like the look so much so I hope I can get a reply thanks :)

Moderman

AFAIK, the only difference between Umbra/Non Umbra ebony armour is the name. The looks are identicle.

Either way, you are near the point in the game where it seems like every random bandit is fully decked out it ebony or elvin. Next up is Deadric and glass... all random bandits will have $5k in deadric or glass on and a several thousand dollar weapon. Armour hunting gets real boring :)

Funny to see the difference in taste everyone has. Personally, as a battlemage, I prefer Elven Armor with the Arch Mage's hood (except I hate elven boots cause I think they look stupid). I wear whatever boots has the best enchantment for the moment (ebony boots with feather, glass boots with speed, etc). I'm trying to find the last couple pieces of ebony armor myself, but I'm just collecting. I have a couple full sets of Elven, glass and daedric, but only the helm, shield, cuirass and boots for ebony. Need to find gauntlets and greaves, but instead of doing it the easy way with Umbra, I'll keep exploring (same way I found all my other armor). Forts and camps seem to be good places to find stuff... ;)

That depends on your lvl as well, the orc in the DB has scaled loot/gear.

Back