Oblivion: Lvl10 and Completed Main Quest

amd ati FO SHO

[H]ard|Gawd
Okay so im lvl10 and just completed the main quest (now waiting for dragon armor)...

what is there left to do, im thinking i did this quest too early.

All the guild quests, random quests from people just around the place, go hunting for dungeons, map the whole province, deer hunting, swimming for underwater caves, the arena, picking flowers, buy a house, steal a horse.. anything you want to do.

Delete that character and restart, you definetly want to get some good weapons/armor in the oblivion planes...

I am level 29 and I have barely even started the main quest (I just got that book after closing first oblivion gate at kvatch)
:D

what is your play time btw? Mine is around 45 hours.

wow, did you skip every possible side quest? i haven't touched the main quest in days. i would check out all the side quests, which will take you at least 10 times as long as the main quest line. every town has random people who can't seem to fix their own damn problems, and there are the different guild quests to do. i finished the dark brotherhood and thieves guild quests, so now i'm going to start doing the fighters guild and mages guild quests.

does anybody know if it's possible to do mythic dawn quests?

ScotteusMaximus said:
does anybody know if it's possible to do mythic dawn quests?

Nope, its not possible as thier only a part in the MQ, and you only have 1 purpose for even infiltrating them, although it's easier to just slaughter them all.

I finished all the side quests and the guild quests. I am still level 5. Started on the main line quest now.

Rofl-Mic-Lofl said:
Delete that character and restart, you definetly want to get some good weapons/armor in the oblivion planes...

may restart, but already bored of the game:(

Wrench00 said:
I finished all the side quests and the guild quests. I am still level 5. Started on the main line quest now.

is this even possible there are ALOT of side quests, some w/ lvl req.

amd ati FO SHO said:
may restart, but already bored of the game:(

is this even possible there are ALOT of side quests, some w/ lvl req.

I'm sure I missed some but all the people I talked to in every city didn't give me squat. Prolly little inns and shit will give me stuff.

lvl 29 outfitted with daedric armor, i will be prepared, in the meantime, heres a bunny with a pancake on its head.

Wrench00 said:

The only way I can see this happening is if you turn the difficulty down so you 1hit everything and not get experience.

Wrench00 said:
The only way that would be possible is if
1) your major skills are not useful and they never increase
2) you turn difficulty down to lowest so you kill everything in a couple hits.

also there are quests that have level requirements.

ChingChang said:
I am level 29 and I have barely even started the main quest (I just got that book after closing first oblivion gate at kvatch)
:D

what is your play time btw? Mine is around 45 hours.

Heck, I'm at level 30-something and I've not even gone to Kvatch yet. ;) I've done all of the Anvil and Bravil quests, joined all the guilds, done some Daedric quests, and so on. Tons of fun left to be had.

EDIT: I think I'm around 65 hours of play time. I tend to take my time.

Was I the only one that got to the Kavitch Oblivion Gate and went Woah I'm way to low level for this and maybe I should work through my guild quests first and get some lvls under my belt and prepare for Oblivion before going in?

This mindset lead me to be about lvl 30 before entering oblivion and I'm glad I did.. the drops are awesome in there. I came out with 2 or 3 loads of 1000lbs of equipment that I easily sell off for 50-75k. I just did the goldbrand shrine which also netted me over a load of equipment. Shame you can't leave the plane to stash a load... Just ended up picking the best money ratio stuff and leaving the rest to rot.

Doing this approach and severl actually a helluva lot of dungeon diving I'm 140hrs into the game and lvl 35ish and have some nice gear. My shield being one of my favorite, plus having 160 str seems to really let me put the beat down on mobs!

Anyways, you have tons to do at your lvl, skill ups, gazzilion quests, at least 50hrs if your a speedy player.

Sunin said:
Was I the only one that got to the Kavitch Oblivion Gate and went Woah I'm way to low level for this and maybe I should work through my guild quests first and get some lvls under my belt and prepare for Oblivion before going in?

This mindset lead me to be about lvl 30 before entering oblivion and I'm glad I did.. the drops are awesome in there. I came out with 2 or 3 loads of 1000lbs of equipment that I easily sell off for 50-75k. I just did the goldbrand shrine which also netted me over a load of equipment. Shame you can't leave the plane to stash a load... Just ended up picking the best money ratio stuff and leaving the rest to rot.

Doing this approach and severl actually a helluva lot of dungeon diving I'm 140hrs into the game and lvl 35ish and have some nice gear. My shield being one of my favorite, plus having 160 str seems to really let me put the beat down on mobs!

Anyways, you have tons to do at your lvl, skill ups, gazzilion quests, at least 50hrs if your a speedy player.

my point is that i think doing the main quest really ruins the game. alot of good drops are positioned in the gates. :(

amd ati FO SHO said:
my point is that i think doing the main quest really ruins the game. alot of good drops are positioned in the gates. :(

Agreed, but those same drops can be had in some dungeon near the imperial city and I've managed to find a few Daedra caves, so while this is probably the best source for the late game stuff its not going to cripple him in the long run.

I don´t think it matter when you done it. If you really want to role play it´s kind of more realistic that you train your character up to become powerful enough to save the world. The way Oblivion is made it´s not going to be much easier. Some say it´s harder but I think maybe if you do it at level 15 it´s harder but if you do it at level 30 it´s going to be easier then on say level 5...

But I like to make my self reputable then coming from nowhere and save the world feels better that way.

But Oblivion is very easy. I want to remember Morrowind was challenging at least when you where low level but Oblivion I has never been stuck and I have never felt there is anywhere I can´t go because I am to weak...

that is one of the weak spots Oblivion is to newbie friendly... But then when you see 90 % of the mods is to make the arrows go straight, you being able to take with you tons of stuff, merchants getting tons of money, easier sneaking, easier easier easier you can hardly blame Bethesda for doing this...

90 % of the mods is cheats to me.

I'm level 42 and 127 hours into the game. I have only just started the main quest. Just dropped off the heir with the blades and i STILL have plenty of places to explore. I'm expecting to have dropped about 200 hours before running out of stuff to do.

I didnt bother with the main quest until my character could kick seven shadees of shit out of GOD. The higher your level the harder the enemies. Wanted the Oblivion chaps to be a challenge. Think i've overshot the mark somewhat though. Breezed the first 2 gates i've found. But like i say. Only just started the main quest.

Wrench00 said:
So you finished every single side quest and every one of the guilds, area, order of the vertious blood, white knights, the ship at the dock, the necromancers, the invisable town, the oblivion gates.... And you are only at level 5.. Jesus H Christ... I am at level 35 and have logged 130 hours and still haven't finished everything.. you must be a GOD :rolleyes:

Skirrow said:
I'm level 42 and 127 hours into the game. I have only just started the main quest. Just dropped off the heir with the blades and i STILL have plenty of places to explore. I'm expecting to have dropped about 200 hours before running out of stuff to do.

I didnt bother with the main quest until my character could kick seven shadees of shit out of GOD. The higher your level the harder the enemies. Wanted the Oblivion chaps to be a challenge. Think i've overshot the mark somewhat though. Breezed the first 2 gates i've found. But like i say. Only just started the main quest.

The leveling seems to drop off around level 30.

Level 1 - 10 = Game is fun and easy
Level 11 - 19 = Game levels up and becomes INSANELY Hard
Level 20 - 29 = You start to become strong enough to counteract the leveling
Level 30+ = You don't have problems anymore, as your gear can now own a Daedra Lord!

I'm level 29 and have a hard time in Oblivion. I keep getting owned by Daedroth. Even with strength nearing 100, I get owned nearly all the time. Even by bears!

Regardless, there's a ton to do. I'm at 81 hours now, and still have a lot to do.

lol ..I am level 12'ish and got most of the way there by bunny hopping around :rolleyes:

..so now I am looking for wolves and boars to hack on to get my swordsmanship up and markmanship and all other stuff up that has to do with actually fighting something :p

I find that I have to usually lure humanoid type enemies to some big rocks that I can jump up on and they cant ..then shoot them with arrows until I run out , then shoot them with flares .. then when they are about to die , I will jump off and hack at them whilst running backwards (saving before I jump off the rock tho ;) )

so ...basically ... I suck

..but I'm still having fun :)

ThreeDee said:
lol ..I am level 12'ish and got most of the way there by bunny hopping around :rolleyes:

so ...basically ... I suck

..but I'm still having fun :)

Levels 11 to 19 SUCK, I had to lower the difficulty more than once during that time. Everyone gets so much stronger than you.
But it levels out again by level 21.

I actually had to lower the difficulty at Level 29 or so--I can't kill a thing even with it only 1/4th up. I used to be able to destroy everything at the default difficulty...meh, it's still fun :p

level 29 is pretty easy for me.. I think because I have a spell that does 80 dmg and costs like 40 or something.

dont worry about not finding anything to do, i was lvl 8 when i beat the main quest, and i am having soo much fun just radomly walking anywhere and stumbling across houses, towns, caves, ruins, and lots of misc side quests.

duuuuuumb said:
dont worry about not finding anything to do, i was lvl 8 when i beat the main quest, and i am having soo much fun just radomly walking anywhere and stumbling across houses, towns, caves, ruins, and lots of misc side quests.

That's relaxing, as well. Taking a stroll through the forest, seeing the deer frolic around the grass, the snap of the bowstring as an arrow flies through the air, striking the deer in the stomach as it falls to the ground in a pool of blo---well, you get the point.

You guys having serious problems you must have created bad characters... Because Oblivion at default difficulty has never been impossible at all for me. And I never one shot enemies like many here claims to do. But I have always found a solution for every obstacle. I guess it helps my character is quite versatile. Sneaky marksman with good blade skills and superb alchemy skills. Also having some magic though nothing extreme...

That character I have never had any problems with at any level. It surely got harder after level 10 or something but nothing major and for me it soon got easier again... You are supposed to power level but I have mostly levelled with +2 to +3 modifiers nothing more... now at 34 it take ages to level so now I am always up to +5. Because I have started to train my hand to hand, heavy armour, blunt weapons skills a bit after maxing out light armour ages ago :)

About finishing at level 5. It´s easy. You just have to have you speechcraft low and never try the persuasion mini game. Then people won´t give you quests :)

oqvist said:
You guys having serious problems you must have created bad characters... Because Oblivion at default difficulty has never been impossible at all for me.

I never said it was impossible; I said it was difficult wherein I keep getting owned successively. I have to improvise now, switching my attacks up between blade, magic, and bow in order to defeat an opponent. It's tedious, but not impossible.

Ok but I have never ever got owned. Only time I have had to go back a bit was in the Arena early on. Otherwise 95 % of the times I have died it was because me being lazy not thinking I would need to heal myself lol.

I just beat the arena at level 10 - not too bad. I'm kinda in the same boat as the OP, because as a mage (that has some sick knives from the DB Quests), I love spells. But the higher levels I go, I see some awesome armor and weapons that I dont use because of spells.

I'm stuck as to whether I should still stick to my Mage, with all my magic/knives/stalfs, or to restart and become a warrior-class. I havent done the main quest yet.

I like my Mage because of the versitile spells and whatnot, and so far I havent had to much trouble with him. Whenever I need a Frost, Shock, or Fire Spell, I have them at my disposal. Whenever I need health, I just use some Rejuvenation spells. But if I chose a warrior-type with high levels of heavy-armor and high-level-blade skills.....well.....I'd be alot "stronger" yet I do see the disadvantages there.

For those who have gotten to higher levels as a Mage, what stuff/spells do I have to look forward to? Would I have "more fun" as a Warrior?

Khaydarin said:
For those who have gotten to higher levels as a Mage, what stuff/spells do I have to look forward to? Would I have "more fun" as a Warrior?
You can still raise any weapon/block skills as a mage if you want. It might be slow/hard at first, but eventually you will be as powerful as a warrior.

What about going the middle road with light armour :).

I started up as a assassin/thief character and light armour was the first I got mastery in.

In Morrowind I ran an unarmoured thief character and hardly ever tried heavy armour.
But I wanted some strength since thiefs want to carry lots of loot of course so I started to train heavy armour. And man it´s clunky. I don´t think it´s very fun to go in like a tank and then just wave your blade like crazy. It surely is the easiest and maybe most time efficient way of fighting but I preferr the runningaround your fo delivering power attacks and to outsmart/outmanoeveur him while casting spells and shoot him with the bow and what not to wear him down...

It´s not that fun I would rather cast some shield spells on you and then go melee with your battle mage instead ;). You could use a shield as well with reflect damage that is very useful. I don´t remember where I got this though but it´s a killer shield worth 21600 lol.

But I don´t think you will find it useful to run around in clumsy heavy armour. It pisses you off when you can´t jump and cant move around for shit...

Me I am fighting to get my destruction skills up. problem is I am using my bow to much and Umbra to soul trap and in the mean time I cast some flash bolts but takes time for sure... Only up to journeyman in destruction and restoration. Oddly enough illusion is the highest because I go and charm everyone, cast nighteye and invisibility at times...

Just thought i'd chime in and say that 'Reflect Damage' is a game breaker. The game just isnt fun anymore with the 66% Reflect Damage i have. I can basically just stand in a mob of around 5 or 6 enemies and just cast a regeneration spell all the time while the enemies smack me till they are dead. Takes the fun out of it. Needless to say. I no longer use the Reflect Damage items i have. Was fun for about 2 dungeons, but thats it.

Just a warning to anyone who was considering using it.

Oh and thats all in my opinion btw. Up to you if you want to use it. ;)

Illusion is a skill that I really want to improve, but its main attribute is Personality - I'd rather put my focus purely on Intelligence, Willpower, and Speed.

Back