Oblivion: Mark and Recall

CreganTur

Gawd
The two spells I miss most from Morrwind are Mark and Recall.

Mark allows you to 'mark' a location, and recall automatically teleports you to said location.

Are there any mods that add these spells to Oblvion?

You can still do those things...lol. You can mark a location if you've never been there before and you can fast travel. Don't quite get the grievance.

Here's my point: mark a specific spot, like right infront of a daedric shrine. Go do the quest and then instantly, even if you're inside, travel back to the shrine to collect your reward. Also you can, while dungeon crawling, mark your location, go outside, fast travel to a store, sell your stuff and then, while inside the store, recall abck to the exact spot int he dungeon where you left.

I do recall seeing a release in the mod sections on the game page...good luck finding it :)

Latest version of the mark and recall mod. Didn't try it myself, tell us how good it is.

it works great. i use it to get to my fence quickly after swiping a ton of loot. i only wish you could create more than one mark at a time.

CreganTur said:
Here's my point: mark a specific spot, like right infront of a daedric shrine. Go do the quest and then instantly, even if you're inside, travel back to the shrine to collect your reward. Also you can, while dungeon crawling, mark your location, go outside, fast travel to a store, sell your stuff and then, while inside the store, recall abck to the exact spot int he dungeon where you left.
I miss that too, being able to teleport from inside a building or a dungeon was pretty convenient. Now, you have to leave the dungeon and/or the building.

In morrowind I would set a mark spell beside creeper, go off to a dungeon and kill everything. Then I'd gather all the stuff in one spot of the dungeon and pick it up. Being over-encumbered didin't matter anymore. I'd just cast recall...and boom I'm back beside creeper selling all my stuff.

With mage guild teleporters, silt striders, and mark and recall (all in morrowind)...there would not be much point for fast travel. Unless, it's to go to a dungeon you couldn't finish. That is about the only use I see for it. But...seing as all those options are out, in Oblivion, i end up using fast travel. I guess its just easier for everyone involved - developers and players.

Well, I downloaded the Mark adn Recall Mod, and I have to say that it is awesome!

I've used it to mark my Skingrad Manor and trasnfer stuff from all of my other houses with reduced time. It's also great for getting in and out of dungeons quickly, without having to walk outside. THis is one of the most useful mods I have!

Back