ocing 4 games

xdkimx

Limp Gawd
does overclocking ur ram or cpu show any real performance in games? cuz i dont c it in benches or games like guild wars, bf2.. the gains i c in benches are by ocing the gfx card

in 3dmakr05 ocing the cpu only shows ~100 point gains but aqua did show some increases ~10fps (cpu from 4400 -> 5200 + ram underclocked a bit ~190mhz but iv also tried ocing it with higher timings to 220mhz)

so im wondering if its even worth ocing the ram or cpu in terms of game performance? cuz if there isnt much id rather keep my system 100% stable and without any extra heat

Almost all pc games now are heavily video card dependent. OC your cpu will show very little increase in game performance.

hm ic theres another thing im curious about.. wut affects ur fps when u see many people on the screen? cuz i dono if this is the gpu working hard or cpu or ram but i noticed in certain games the fps starts to crap out when u see many people on the screen at once.. is something liek this dependant on the gpu? or is it cpu+ram? i no this sounds like a stupid question but i never knew the answer to this :p

Well, most game today depend heavily on video card and cpu, too. Ram only hold the amount of texture in any game. Compare the game from today to past shows that the past game only depends more on video card than today. You can't run 1.4 ghz cpu with 7800 GTX in Doom 3 which result in gettin an average of 20-30 fps and 5 fps during firefight. If u got like FX-55 rig with 7800GTX then u will get more fps than expected like around 80 fps or higher depends on the quality of texture in Doom 3.

Correct me if I am wrong bout this.

Back