OCZ 520W enough? or should i upgrade?

seniorpaul

Limp Gawd
I'm building a second rig, so NEED to purchase an additional power supply. I currenlty own a OCZ 520w that has been working great for me, however, the rig it's running now is about to have a couple of addins. For my main PC, i need to power the following:

DFI SLI-DR
X2 4800+
2 x eVGA 7800GTX's
2 x 1GB OCZ DDR500 Gold sticks
DVD-RW DL drive
CD-RW drive
2 WD HD's (250gb, and 300gb)
Danger Den D5 pump
10 Yate Loon 120mm fans
fan controller
6" LCD video module.

Is my 520w going to be able to handle all of this? Since, like i said, i have to purchase an additional PSU, would a OCZ600w be a good investment for this rig, and move the 520w over to the other( which will have nowhere near the power consumption)? Are there any other PSU's i should be considering? I thought briefly about the PCP&C 850, but thats a bit more than i'd like to spend.

seniorpaul said:
I'm building a second rig, so NEED to purchase an additional power supply. I currenlty own a OCZ 520w that has been working great for me, however, the rig it's running now is about to have a couple of addins. For my main PC, i need to power the following:

10 Yate Loon 120mm fans
:eek: 10 FANS?

It's probably enough. Try it out, if it not getting enough power, though i am sure it will be fine, you can always spend money and get a new one ;)

{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
:eek: 10 FANS?

It's probably enough. Try it out, if it not getting enough power, though i am sure it will be fine, you can always spend money and get a new one ;)

4 fans in case, 6 doing push/pull on a PA120.3. All six on the rad will be hooked up to a fan controller, as i want to test to see which config provides the best cooling. :)

The thing is, i'm going to have to buy a new PSU for the new system. If there is a chance that the 520w isn't gonig to hold up, i'll upgrade here, and move the 520 to the new rig. If it will probably work, i'll just get a cheaper PSU for the new setup.

Thanks though.

Back