OCZ memory

I'm not 100% positive but i think it'll be okay if you use memory of the same settings. CAS, clock speed, voltage. Someone may wanna back me up on that, or not.

Well I can't say if you will have an issues mixing those kits. However I am rather sure you going to take at least a small performance hit from propagating all 4 slots.

As long as timing matches with other pair and you are not overclocking. You should be ok and not take any performance hit.

What's the reason for going to 8GB? Just remember that if you are running 32bit OS, you won't be able to use more then 4GB anyways.

-D

As long as timing matches with other pair and you are not overclocking. You should be ok and not take any performance hit.

What's the reason for going to 8GB? Just remember that if you are running 32bit OS, you won't be able to use more then 4GB anyways.

-D

Im running 64 bit. Im wondering though, is there a significant performance in a certain program, game or OS when running 8GB vs 4GB?

I suggest that you visit our support forums and post your question there. The techs should be able to tell you if the chips types will match up well enough. We never recommend mixing RAM types, but it does work in many cases.

OCZ Supprt Forums

Back