OCZ Neural Impulse Activator

BronxBartoni

Limp Gawd
http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/04/heads-on-with-oczs-neural-impulse-actuator/

Cant believe theres not a topic on this already, but this looks really cool. I dont expect it to be very useful for actually controlling yourself in a FPS, but It could be very usefull to navigate ingame maps and menus. Im sure it would very useful in a RTS too. 300 dollars seems a little pricey, but hey if it actually works it should be worth it.

I hear they are having to recall them, they forgot to put in an "emo filter" and those players end up killing themselves.

Another article: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/475/1/

The Xbox360 has my favorite "controller," PS3 has the six-axis, then there's the Wiimote, and now PC gamer's have the Neural Impulse Actuator. :cool: Beat that!

I don't know, but I'm excited for this technology. It's about time, too. I'd bet the first NIAs will be a bit clunky in games; will probably have to wait for a few revisions and prices to drop for it to be practical.

I hear they are having to recall them, they forgot to put in an "emo filter" and those players end up killing themselves.

Hahaha! :D

hey emo jokes, thats original.. as for the device, i'd like to see a video of it.. wonder how good it really works

hey emo jokes, thats original.. as for the device, i'd like to see a video of it.. wonder how good it really works

I watched a video of it somewhere before, he was playing UT2004 against bots and was doing suprisingly well. I have no idea where I seen the video, it was a while ago but it is impressive.

And come on the emo joke was funny

HardOCP should get a unit for testing. I'd like to know if it really works or not

Ya, I saw that and really wanted to try it out... I wouldn't pay $300 to try it out though. We should convince Kyle to test it and give us the scoop.

I want one of these soo badly. I doubt i'll be willing to shell out the premium for it though. I dont think i'd ever want to use it for daily gaming, but man it would be fun to show off!

If it works, I wouldn't mind shelling out $300.00. I think it would really hook my friends on PC gaming. :)

The NIA is going to launch on the 27th with MSRP of $199. extreme-pc.ca has it available for pre-order at $175.50. I might get one in a month or two (video card is first priority), I think it would be a fun and totally unique gadget to play around with.

For 199 it seems like a steal, I can already think of a shit ton of uses, like buying stuff in CS, accessing the map and issuing squad orders in BF, even using it in Civ 4 more the menial tasks.

The only problem I have with it is that you have to use your eyebrows and facial expressions to help it recognize commands... I wish it could just detect brain signals ^^

I watched a video of it somewhere before, he was playing UT2004 against bots and was doing suprisingly well. I have no idea where I seen the video, it was a while ago but it is impressive.

And come on the emo joke was funny

The emo joke was definitely funny, and original within the context. He must be emo :p

What I've read pretty much says that the device works about half as well as you imagine it would, if that, and only after a long time of "training" it and getting used to it. Basically the tech is at the "just barely usable to market" point. The gist being: wait for the NIA 2, then get excited. ;)

The guy in the video sure does look like he's having alot of fun with it. Not sure how I feel about this thing. It almost looks like the game is playing it self.

Back