OCZ Platinum, or Ballistix (2x1gb) for Biostar Tforce OC..?

I'd personally sell 'em both, get a faster 1GB set and put $100 toward your car. ...but that's me. ;)

sleepeeg3 said:
I'd personally sell 'em both, get a faster 1GB set and put $100 toward your car. ...but that's me. ;)

2GB of RAM is nice to have now, even more so for the future.

I have heard good things about both of those makes; however, I have never used Ballistix so I would have to say OCZ is, in my mind, the sure bet.

if you're going to oc, i think the ballistix would be the best bet. but that might just be eclipse's whoring rubbing off on me :p

TESLA said:
2GB of RAM is nice to have now, even more so for the future.
So is a new pair of shoes, but I would not get any of use out of them, sitting in my closet for 6 months... ;)

Soymilk said:
if you're going to oc, i think the ballistix would be the best bet. but that might just be eclipse's whoring rubbing off on me :p
i agree, and for the same reason :cool:

sleepeeg3 said:
So is a new pair of shoes, but I would not get any of use out of them, sitting in my closet for 6 months... ;)

MMORPGs, BF2, etc...

Those games are now, and RAM is not expensive at this time; so, why not buy for later?

TESLA said:
MMORPGs, BF2, etc...

Those games are now, and RAM is not expensive at this time; so, why not buy for later?
If you play those - by all means go for it. If you don't it's a waste of money and a loss of performance.

You don't replace an engine on a car because you will expect it to go out someday. You wait until it actually needs to be replaced. :cool:

sleepeeg3 said:
If you play those - by all means go for it. If you don't it's a waste of money and a loss of performance.

You don't replace an engine on a car because you will expect it to go out someday. You wait until it actually needs to be replaced. :cool:

Bah, it is more cost-effective to buy what you need a few months later, now.

Then again, I build a new machine once every few years. (It is almost sad that I no longer care about standing on the cutting edge of technology, but the only games I play run fine on my current old-generation hardware.) I can see how what you say may hold true if you build a machine every few months to perhaps a year or so.

Back