OCZ Stuttering fix and speed enchancements

Toytown

Gawd
I havent a SSD to try this on, but if your willing to go through the steps outlined in the link, it should be a pretty easy test if its working or not.

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46804

On my Core SSD equipped system the stuttering and stalling disappeared and random write performance (measured by copying many small files and folders) with Windows SteadyState was almost as good as with MFT in some situations!

Please read all the way through if your going to attempt this as this part of the article states

We have found transferring files that are larger than the cache file size you have set causes STEADYSTATE to reboot your computer and revert to safe mode. We strongly suggest you set the cache to a figure you know you will never exceed...so if you move 5GB files around a lot set the cache to 6GB or more

I actually picked up two 64GB OCZ SSDs this weekend for around $74.99 each after rebate. While the software solution is interesting, I was more interested in the folks that are using dedicated raid controllers with onboard cache to achieve the same result. I thererfore picked up an Adaptec 2405 for $195 to put the two SSDs in Raid 0. I should have all the equipment in by Friday.

To sum it up, I'll have a 128GB SSD for about $340.00... not bad if it works.

Back