OCZ Vendetta 2 + Bolt Thru Kit. How?

rabhw

Weaksauce
Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm replacing my Tuniq Tower with a Vendetta 2, and I picked up the Thermalright bolt-thru kit to use with the new heatsink.

My problem is that the vendetta 2 mounting plates come with the standard intel push-pins pre-mounted in the metal bracket. From what I'm understanding, I'd need to remove those push pins from the bracket and use the spring-loaded screws that come with the bolt kit and screw that into my motherboard using the backplate. I can't get the damn push pins out of the mounting brackets that came with the Vendetta though, before I go ahead and just cut them out, is there something I'm missing? The push pins DO need to be removed right? If so, is there an easy way to get them out of the bracket?

I didn't use the Thermalright bolt-thru but a DIY stainless plate and 4/40 bolts but yes just take the side cuts and wackem off and put the bolts in. Not sure if the bolts that came with the plate will clear the V2 so you might have to cut them down also. Dremel and cut off wheel and chop them down and clean up the threads with a nut run from the good side down and off. Hope all that makes sence. I have been up for a long time and @ work now. GL with it.

There's a how to on disassembly over at anandtech I think, otherwise I just bust them out.

get two tiny flathead screwdrivers, pry up on the locking tabs on the black part of the pins, then the white part pulls right out.

Back