OCZ Vertex 120GB $355 shipped @ Newegg

ZipZoomfly has the 60GB version for $177 shipped after rebate. So basically the exact same price/GB as this, but in RAID 0 they would be godlike.

Newegg also has the 30gb Vertex on for $128.49 after MIR with free shipping.

If you're a member use code EMCLTLN32 for an extra $10 off

$119 shipped. Not [H]ot but pretty damn warm

the 30gb's were 99 AR shipped two weeks ago. . prices are climbing as word gets out that the kinks have been ironed out.

I <3 mine......the others are too rich for my blood these days.

ZipZoomfly has the 60GB version for $177 shipped after rebate. So basically the exact same price/GB as this, but in RAID 0 they would be godlike.

can you trim a raid0 setup? bucuase i thought there was a problem with deleting files and slow performance.

The best deal around right now is the supertalent ultradrive (same drive...) 256G for $619. This is the equivalent of :

30G for $77.37
60G for $154
120G for $309.48

Unfortunately $619 is rich for most people.

can you trim a raid0 setup? bucuase i thought there was a problem with deleting files and slow performance.

I don't run raid but I believe you have to trim raid drives separately in vista/xp. I don't know how it would work in win7. All the info available is in the ocz forums, though. They are awesome.

The best deal around right now is the supertalent ultradrive (same drive...) 256G for $619. This is the equivalent of :

30G for $77.37
60G for $154
120G for $309.48

Shit I thought you were listing the prices of the other Ultradrives... credit card was locked and loaded for the 60GB.

How are they identical?

Well they aren't identical, but they do use the exact same Indilinx Barefoot controller so the performance will be similar.

These drives all use that controller and are thus very similar...

OCZ Vertex
SUPER TALENT UltraDrive ME
G.SKILL FALCON
Patriot Torqx

Last edited:
^^ Yeah it's just like buying a Sapphire 4870 or a Powercolor 4870. Same guts, diff labels.

I don't run raid but I believe you have to trim raid drives separately in vista/xp. I don't know how it would work in win7. All the info available is in the ocz forums, though. They are awesome.
You cannot TRIM in RAID. I believe member raid drives have issues as well.

Paid less, got awesome free ICE 3 ½&#8221; adapter, but also got fun early adopter/beta tester problems to work through. Now demand goes up, price goes up. Wish the government would figure out how that works...

30G for $77.37
60G for $154
120G for $309.48

Strictly better price/GB, but not better overall. These should not be used as storage drives, so the extra GB are mainly a waste, especially with faster tech on the horizon.

Last edited:
Paid less, got awesome free ICE 3 ½” adapter, but also got fun early adopter/beta tester problems to work through. Now demand goes up, price goes up. Wish the government would figure out how that works...

Strictly better price/GB, but not better overall. These should not be used as storage drives, so the extra GB are mainly a waste, especially with faster tech on the horizon.

Depends what you do. I have 20-30 vm's that use 4-8G ea...they'd love the seek times and 4k random reads of the 256...just my wife will divorce me if I get it :)

You cannot TRIM in RAID. I believe member raid drives have issues as well.

Sorry if i wasn't clear...you have to boot off something else (and some other req's) to run the wiper program (separately on each drive) on a raid. like i said, apparently it's complicated. :D

Sorry if i wasn't clear...you have to boot off something else (and some other req's) to run the wiper program (separately on each drive) on a raid. like i said, apparently it's complicated. :D

No, I don't think you can even do that. Not until raid cards start supporting piping the trim command from the presented logical disk down to the physical ones.

No, I don't think you can even do that. Not until raid cards start supporting piping the trim command from the presented logical disk down to the physical ones.
This.

Tony over at OCZ already confirmed that you need a filesystem on the disk for Wiper to work. You can't access the file system from a single drive in a RAID array.

Rumor has it that the devs at Indilinx are working on RAID support.

I don't think really requires any more from indilinx, but from the manufacturers of raid cards..

Back