OCZ Vertex 3 60GB SATA III - $72.64 after MIR

Thrust

Limp Gawd
Newegg has 15% off OCZ SSD's today using promo code BLKNOVSSD.

But the deal I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on is the one in the Title of this thread.

$108.99
- 15% = $92.64
- $20 rebate = $72.64

Which seems pretty [H]OT considering this is a SandForce 2281 and 535MB/s max Read & 480MB/s Max Write

']['

meh... ocz and sandforce. I think I will pass and wait for a more reliable ssd.

If you have a p67 board. The bigger the vertex3 the better though and this is 60gb...

Well I bit on the 60 GB OCZ vertex for the kids z68 caching thing...

Used the code on a 120GB Agility 3. $158 after taxes & shipping, $128 after MIR. Pretty good deal, IMO.

I've never used an SSD before so I'm not too concerned with getting the absolute max performance. I think it will be a big improvement over platters.

Nice deal. Tempted to get one for my boot up and use my Vertex 2s for caching and games.

From what I have read thought the real life performance from Vertex 2 to Vertex 3 is not much. So... I'm sticking with my Vertex 2's.

I would definitely jump on this deal if I needed a SSD though.

I bit on the 120gig..125 with tax..free shipping

There is hardly any difference between the agility and the vertex, I compared the tech specs, and the difference is 50000 to 60000 iops random write....

Everything else is rated the same ~500 read/write.

go lookup [H]'s review showing the differences between synchronus (vertex) and asynchrous (agility) before you buy either one.

and no I can't sepll

they went up on the Vertex 3, fuckers did that with a kingston as well.

Last edited:
Back