OCZ Vertex 4 128 gig for 89.99 shipped

Only decent? The only better deal I can recall is the 120GB HyperX 3K for $60-$70 and the Agility 4 which is even slower than the Kingston from what I understand. Although you'd probably never notice it in real time, the Kingston is slower than the Vertex 4, M4, and Samsung 830. So for $89.99 with the new controller this is probably the best price you'll find for this drive without a MIR or shellshocker.

You can get the Samsung 830 128GB for $89.99 too but I'd probably go for the OCZ V4 considering the 840 is due to be out soon. However I purchased a 128GB 830 at Compusa for $110 after tax because I wanted it then and I can't complain as it offers the same or better experience as my old 64GB M4.

There was a Sandisk Extreme 240GB deal at Staples a while back for $120. Best deal I've seen.

I got the HyperX 3K 120GB for $60 not long ago.

Waiting on a 240-256 for $99.

Last edited:
Rather have the 128GB Samsung 830 as mentioned...at the same price...Click

Mine have been trouble free from day one. Looking forward to the 840 Series as well, although haven't heard anything about a release date.

:)

LC

Rather have the 128GB Samsung 830 as mentioned...at the same price...Click

Mine have been trouble free from day one. Looking forward to the 840 Series as well, although haven't heard anything about a release date.

:)

LC

If you're basing your opinion purely on the Samsung being problem free then I guess I could say the same for my 128GB Vertex 4 as well. Not to mention it IS faster and I haven't heard any complaints about the V4 other than the expected early firmware issues that have all been resolved as of late.

I've seen the V4 for cheap other places too...probably going to get a second soon for RAID0/more room for games.

Back