OCZ Z-Drive (1 TB, PCIe)

mutantmagnet

Limp Gawd
I seriously have no need for the speed performance abilities of SSD applied to 1 TB of hard drive space (120 GB tops). Yet if this thing comes out closer to the low end estimates of $1500 I'll actually purchase it instead of blowing my wad on an X-25M 160 GB.

Hmmm :eek:

I don't understand why they have to make it 1 TB. Couldn't they just take 4 x 30 GB drives and give us a cheap 120 GB RAID solution with the same speeds? After all, people use these SSDs for their applications and scratch disks. There is no need for 1 TB of SSD in the consumer market.

I don't understand why they have to make it 1 TB. Couldn't they just take 4 x 30 GB drives and give us a cheap 120 GB RAID solution with the same speeds? After all, people use these SSDs for their applications and scratch disks. There is no need for 1 TB of SSD in the consumer market.

says you....

size was one the reasons why i waited for the ssd market.

That can take advantage of a PCIe slot?

Sure, just get a 4 port PCIe RAID controller (like they did) and run RAID 0 on it across 4 SSDs (like they did).

You can even rig up a method of making into a card if you want, but personally I would rather not use up that much motherboard real estate and instead mount the drives somewhere better for airflow.

€200-300 for the PCIe RAID controller
€200/drive
4x60gb = 340GB array which will also reach 500+mb/s read/write
= €1000

still expensive;)

Hopefully the will release it with a working firmware.
I think that's price is an insight at when that actually might be: Price of SSDs in 2012. :D:D

Back