odd problem in windows7 involving dpi

candy76man

Weaksauce
Anybody know why my taskbar stays in front of netflix when it goes full screen on my htpc? It only does it when I have the dpi set higher than 100% which is necessary to be able to see text on my desktop on my tv.
If dpi is set to 100% the taskbar disappears as soon as netflix goes full screen like it's supposed too but with dpi set to 150% where I need it, the taskbar stays on top of netflix when fullscreen which is extremely distracting:mad:.

Anyone have any idea why it would do that and how to stop it?
I tried autohide the taskbar but then you can still see the top 10% of it which is still distracting.

Is Netflix playing behind the taskbar, or is it playing only in the area where the taskbar isn't?

Netflix is playing behind the taskbar, in fact I can't controll netflix full screen because when the netflix control bar at the bottom appears when I move the mouse it is behind the taskbar.

I tried with chrome and firefox, latest version of both and it does it with both. Only thing that made it not do it with both was changing my dpi from 150% back to 100% in the screen resolution panel so it is something to do with that but I don't know if it's the fault of windows or silverlight or a setting somewhere or just a problem with my specific system?

It does the same thing when playing online flash videos so I think that rules out a silverlight specific problem....not sure about html5 as I'm not sure what sites do that instead of flash.

Can someone running windows7 try setting their dpi to 150% and see if your system has the same issue maybe?

Tried netflix on my wifes win7 machine after changeing dpi to 150% and it does not keep the taskbar on top of the netflix window like mine does so it is something about my system that is causing this. Not really sure where to start though? What could be causing it?

I duplicate my main monitor on my tv in the hometheater which has caused some other strange problems (mainly with bluray playing software) but I can't see why that would cause a problem in this area?

Have you tried launching Netflix from IE using full screen mode (F11)?

ok, tried it and IE works correctly, no taskbar when full screen:). However I don't use IE and can't make a taskbar shortcut to netflix in IE (that I'm aware of) to make it easy to start netflix with a single click in the home theater.

ok, tried it and IE works correctly, no taskbar when full screen:). However I don't use IE and can't make a taskbar shortcut to netflix in IE (that I'm aware of) to make it easy to start netflix with a single click in the home theater.

Are you using Firefox? There's a bug in FF7 about this.

Are you using Firefox? There's a bug in FF7 about this.

I am using chrome for netflix due to chromes ability to add a direct netflix shortcut to my taskbar ( since netflix still refuses to release a actual app for the pc which would make things much easier for using it with home theater front ends). But the taskbar stays on top of netflix rather using chrome or firefox.

I am using chrome for netflix due to chromes ability to add a direct netflix shortcut to my taskbar ( since netflix still refuses to release a actual app for the pc which would make things much easier for using it with home theater front ends). But the taskbar stays on top of netflix rather using chrome or firefox.

you know, IE lets you pin a direct shortcut to taskbar too ;)

Could always use it for just the netflix case

you know, IE lets you pin a direct shortcut to taskbar too ;)

Could always use it for just the netflix case

I didn't know that, I guess I'll go that route for now but I would still like to find out why that taskbar won't go away when using firefox and chrome if anyone has an idea?

Back