Odd problem

RussianHAXOR

Supreme [H]ardness
I have this very odd problem where i cannot get into any site or page that requires an HTTPS domain. This is regardless of browser. My laptop running wireless runs fine and i dont think anyone else is having this issue. Yet. But basically im trying to figure out what the heck is going on because this is my main computer and id prefer to do everything on it since it is afterall my main computer.

Thanks.

Have you tried disabling any firewall you may have?
And no other PC on your network exhibits this problem, correct?
Have you run any anti-malware or anti-virus scans?

Have you tried disabling any firewall you may have?
And no other PC on your network exhibits this problem, correct?
Have you run any anti-malware or anti-virus scans?

I regularly check my computer for malware and i actually uninstalled it to see if that got rid of the problem and it didnt. :confused: I just know kaspersky is pretty hard core and thought it was the problem.

Im not 100% if the problem is isolated to my computer but i havent heard any complaints from anyone else so i dont think so.

What is the exact error you are getting on your browser?

Firefox...
Network Timeout

The server at xxxxxxxxx is taking too long to respond.

The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.

Opera
Error!
Could not connect to remote server

You tried to access the address XXXXXXX], which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

Chrome
This webpage is not available.

The webpage at XXXXXXXXXXXX might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Happen to be running static IP/DNS on the main PC?
Date and Time correct?

In Internet Explorer...

1. Tools > Internet Options > Advanced
2. Scroll down to the Security Settings.
3. Make sure that the two boxes are checked that say
"Enable SSL 2" or "Enable SSL 3".
Try your secure sites.

Another thing you can try is:
Go to start/run
Type in: regsvr32 softpub.dll
Press Enter or click OK

Back