OEM Opteron 144 at Monarch for 136.69 Shipped

Same as it has been for a week or so now... There was multi page thread on it that dwindled down for whatever reason.

Still a HOT price, cheaper than eBay and I got mine in less than a week (ordered last thursday or friady and got it yesterdya).

quick heads up...i just got my opty 144 from monarch computers, heres the stepping:

CACJE 0602GPAW

Havent installed it yet, will let you guys know how good it is.

Anyone knows if this price is good for in-store pickup ?
I go up to their area about twice a week.
Hate to pay shipping and sales tax too.

Thanks
JT

Just got mine today that I ordered last weekend. Got a cacje 0602gpaw so far running at 2.8GHz at stock volts, priming overnight.

I just had mine delivered today but no one was home to receive it. :(. I guess I'll have my wife head down to Fedex tomorrow and pick it up for me. I can't believe how fast Monarch shipped it. I paid regular shipping, but fedex tracking said it was sent 2day shipping instead. Thanks Monarch.

my cacje has been @ 2.8g stock v core a little bump and it will do 3.0g very good for just air-i think -these seem to be very good ocers- and my temps are also very good--about the same as the [email protected]!

I picked up a 146 from monarch and just started testing it last night... it's 0604epmw and did 2.93ghz stock volts superpi 1M stable. I've been burning it in at 2.83ghz for 18hours now.

Looks like new steppings are still kicking arse! :D

Just wanted to add my experience. I ordered one last week and received a CACJE 0602 GPAW. I have it running at 3.0Ghz at 1.475 vcore. It was almost stable at 1.425, but I had to bump it that last little bit to get completely stable. A 1.2Ghz overclock isn't too bad for a $136 chip, huh? :)

Oh, almost forgot, this is with air-cooling from a Coolermaster Hyper 6. Stays nice and cool and very fast for games. I may try pushing further, but I am pretty happy right now. I have been overclocking since the Pentium 2 days, and this was the easiest chip to O/C I have ever owned. :cool:

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an inexpensive (sub $100) motherboard to go with this? I don't need SLI, but I do need 4 DIMM slots and two IDE channels.

CEpeep said:
Does anyone have a good recommendation for an inexpensive (sub $100) motherboard to go with this? I don't need SLI, but I do need 4 DIMM slots and two IDE channels.

Save up $20 and get the DFI Ultra-D

amd ati FO SHO said:
multi = 9, opty 146 multi = 10

most people have already jumped on a 144, 146, 165, or 170 already
Yeah, most ppl already have their opterons. :)

kz. I finally got mine delivered today. It's a CAB2E 0551. I was hoping for a newer stepping, but I guess my karma is bad. Does anyone know the potential of this stepping. 2.7ghz on air at least with stock volts? I'll found out as soon as I save up enough to order a DFI Ultra-D.

nxcess said:
kz. I finally got mine delivered today. It's a CAB2E 0551. I was hoping for a newer stepping, but I guess my karma is bad. Does anyone know the potential of this stepping. 2.7ghz on air at least with stock volts? I'll found out as soon as I save up enough to order a DFI Ultra-D.

Got mine yesterday and it is a CABJE so they are just clearing out left overs it would apear. We shall see what it can do. For the price it is worth it to play.

I got mine yesterday as well, CACJE 0603, now to search around and figure out if I should be happy or sad.

I shouldn't have to upgrade my mobo right? It is an A8N-SLI with 1016 bios. Testing showed it reached 305 HTT.

my old rev1.0 a8n-sli deluxe seems to love my cacje-064 opty . it's overclocking way past my DFI-ultra d that has the early winchester-. i'm running 1015beta--it's doing so well i don't think i'm going to even bother with the later bioses--LOL :cool:

I brought one 10 days ago, the 144 I got had CACJE 0602gpmw stepping and it could do 2.83 at stock voltage. I pressed my luck and brought another to replace my current Opteron 165 last Sunday. Received it yesterday and the stepping is CAB2E 0551. It is going backward. :confused:

I was hoping to get another CACJE 060x and I have already committed to sell my Opteron 165. Now I don't know if I should even test the new CAB2E 0551 or sell it untouched.

Please someone test the the CAB2E 0551 stepping!!!!

buzzly said:
I brought one 10 days ago, the 144 I got had CACJE 0602gpmw stepping and it could do 2.83 at stock voltage. I pressed my luck and brought another to replace my current Opteron 165 last Sunday. Received it yesterday and the stepping is CAB2E 0551. It is going backward. :confused:

I was hoping to get another CACJE 060x and I have already committed to sell my Opteron 165. Now I don't know if I should even test the new CAB2E 0551 or sell it untouched.

yes alot of people who recieved this week are recieving older chips. 0551 isn;t terrible, it just isn't great

Receiving an older chip was something I'd never expected. Well, someone please test the new stepping. I need to run @ at least 2.7ghz.

amd ati FO SHO said:
yes alot of people who recieved this week are recieving older chips. 0551 isn;t terrible, it just isn't great

Boltaction said:
Wait, these SHOULD go to 2.7 right? Is it a good possibility?
buzzly is talking about his 165.

buzzly the 165 should be able to hit 2.7 with voltage increase; even if someone else tests a proc for you, there is no way to tell; every proc is different.

opty 144 should have no problem hitting 2.7. ;)

buzzly said:

Ya, I was expecting to get a nice new chip, but I got the same stepping. A little dissapointed. oh well I guess, haven't tried to do much overclocking yet because the last proc I overclocked was an xp so I'm still kind of learning about the htt multiplier and what not, then i'll see what it can do. I bought some crappy corsair ram expecting it to be good xms, the chips are made by promos from what I could find out.

buzzly said:

If it's OEM, it really doesn't matter if you sell it brand new or used. People pay the same amount. I've sold chips with 2 hours of use at least 20 times already. It sells for same price as ones that I've sold saying "untouched".

Test it yourself, and if you don't like it just say "used for 1 hour" or whatever amount you use it.

OK I am testing the Opty 144 CAB2E 0551 that I got 2 days ago. I am priming it @ 2.7ghz at stock 1.4v

It is not like my other wonder chip opty 144 CACJE 0602gpmw (2.83ghz @ 1.375v) , but it's respectable. I guess I'll let my sale of the Opty 165 go forward.

BTW, the price for Opteron 165 @ ebay is dropping-- may be $270-300 for a 165 ; higher if you have the 0550 stepping.

I don't know if it's my board (a8n-sli non deluxe) or what, but it doesn't want to do more than 295 htt. I haven't bumped up the northbridge voltage though. I guess I have some searching to do to see if it'll be safe. (CAB2E 0551)

talon64 said:
I don't know if it's my board (a8n-sli non deluxe) or what, but it doesn't want to do more than 295 htt. I haven't bumped up the northbridge voltage though. I guess I have some searching to do to see if it'll be safe. (CAB2E 0551)

what memory?

botld92z said:
what memory?

Corsair XMS 3200, I'm using a divider though 2:3 I think or whatever 266 is. I looked for a setting to up my northbridge voltage but couldn't find it in my BIOS, I guess the A8N can't be changed?

Back