Offical Calibrated Monitor Profile Thread

Agreed. Dunan put it best monthes ago.

Anyone asking for certain color profiles for their monitors which they did not hardware calibrate themselves are wasting their time.:)

People, it just doesn't work that way. Not everyone can afford/get a hold of a calibrator which is understood, but everyone's monitor is different. Even the same models will give different results.

Just an FYI:)

Why people persist in trading useless profiles confounds me. Tweaking for the sake of tweaking I guess.:D

I dunno about worthless, calibrating my thinkpad x61s (which appears washed out to many people) made the colors look 100% better. I'm pretty sure it will work on other thinkpads, although it will not be perfect it should be much better than default if they are all using the same high contrast low voltage panels. It can't hurt to try it, you can always go back to stock...

GrantGochnauer:

If you can give me a week or so once my new build completes and I get my new 3008WFP setup I can post my results from my calibration run with my Eye-One Display2. I will be calibrating to 6500K / 2.2.

- Stan

Stan,

Have you had a chance to check out calibrating your 3008wfp? Thanks!

Grant

Sorry to bump the thread, but... yet another request for an LG 204WT profile.

Stan,

Have you had a chance to check out calibrating your 3008wfp? Thanks!

Grant

Hey Grant (and others who asked),

I am waiting until I get a defect-free 3008WFP before I do a final calibration run. I have not forgotten my promise to post a ICC profile + settings.

:)

- Stan

If I have a colorimeter (from a LCD2490WUXi), can I use this colorimeter with any other than the software that came with the 2490 on a Planar PX2611W? I would be able to borrow this colorimeter from some one but I don't think I'll be able to get the software. Is there any way I can use the colorimeter, which I think is just a gretag, without the spectreview software from the 2490? Thanks.

If I have a colorimeter (from a LCD2490WUXi), can I use this colorimeter with any other than the software that came with the 2490 on a Planar PX2611W? I would be able to borrow this colorimeter from some one but I don't think I'll be able to get the software. Is there any way I can use the colorimeter, which I think is just a gretag, without the spectreview software from the 2490? Thanks.

if its a one eye display2, you need to use either the software that came with the colormeter or use some of the free software out there. i forget which ones but there are a couple that you can use that work pretty well. you dont have to use the gretag with the spectraview software if you dont want to. its compatible with other colormeter programs.
you can only use the spectraview software on the NEC because spectraview accesses the LUT internally in the NEC and calibrates it that way. you cant use the spectraview SW on the planar.

long story short, yes, just need the software

damn year 2008 and none for 2007WFP yet :(

it wont do you any good anyway:confused:

you would need to know:
was the monitor reset to factory standards when calibrated?
what brightness/contrast was the monitor when calibrated?
did they have to change the saturation of the colors?
what is the white point set at, or color temperature, or gamma?

like i said, a waste of time if you dont have any of this info.

Thanks for the info Dunan. I was able to download the gretagmacbeth one eye display 2 drivers from X-Rite's site as well as the iMatch software which apparently doesn't require a serial number or anything to install. This allowed me to use the rebranded NEC one eye display 2 from the 2490 on my Planar monitor. Worked great. Thanks again!

Just recently bought a spyder2 for some amateur calibration for my 2x 2007WFPs which stand side by side. Not sure if I shoulda checked ambient light factoring on size all the lights were off except the two monitors were both on when calibrating.

Settings as followed (reset to factory default),

Brightness= 50
PC Mode
PC Normal
Desktop Mode

I run 2x 2007wfp's side by side, so try both of them in the file and let me know how it goes. If anyone cares to give a noob better instructions how to calibrate (I tried to use manual RGB but it gave me a whacked out calibration)

http://rapidshare.com/files/121608935/dell2007wfpICM.rar

Any settings for a DELL E248WFP 24-inch Widescreen Black Flat Panel LCD Monitor please?

Many thanks in advance!

Stan --

Any updates on receiving a defect free 3008wfp? I'd love to see how your icc is coming along.

Thanks!

Grant,

I have been struggling to get a good calibration out of this monitor, so bear with me. Every time now that I have shot for 6500/2.2/120 cdm2 I end up with something that just seems "bluish".

I have tried fiddling with HCFR as well to see if it can give me any more info, but haven't had luck yet.

Stay tuned as I will post my preliminary work this coming week.

- Stan

I have a 3008 on order and I'll post my colorimeter settings on the Nvida control panel probably week after next.

Requesting a profile for Samsung 2253bw CMO panel (pretty sure all are CMO, could be wrong). It may not do any good but it's worth a try.

For the life if me I can not get the blue dominance/strange color hues in shades of gray to go away. I know this is a side effect of a TN panel but there has to be a way to make it better at least a little bit.

Just adjusting RGB and Nvidia color settings is simply NOT enough to fix it either.

I've tried using MagicTune which has helped some, however not as much as I would like. The Calibrate option in MagicTune is terrible, you have you drag the square towards the color dominance of each shade to try to make it as white/gray as possible. Doing this by hand is impossible, there is always going to be a slight bit of shades of different colors for each one.

I have gotten one I am happy with but when I hit apply I can actually see the color shift to a different color over the whole monitor. Almost like a different color dominance monitor wide.

Example: I hit apply and the shades of gray instantly shift to different hues of brown or green.

I almost think it's a gamma conflict issue however I had it in XP and now in Vista.

I have installed:

Vista

8800GT/nvidia drivers

Photoshop CS3 (I don't think Adobe gamma came installed, I looked for it and never found it but instead had to download a separate Adobe_Gamma.cpl file which I run and brings up the wizard but I really don't think this runs constantly however I could be misunderstanding how Adobe gamma works.)

MagicTune (comes with an LCD gamma thing)

That's all I can think of, are any of these possible conflicting/fighting with each other?

http://www.digitalversus.com/article-423.html

I just found this great site yesterday, and I have a question.
Since tommorow I'll be picking up the Philips 220CW (all 2253BW's here have CMO panels as of now), I was wondering....

What options do you need to set on your monitor before you load the profile?
Reset everything to factory settings? Set to sRGB?

To sum it up. There are hardware monitor settings (OSD), and software monitor settings (color profile).

It's obvious what to do with the color profile. But what to do with the OSD settings?

Expect something this week,

The DV profile for the FP241W is horrid. Whites turned pink and reds were off completely.

I will be creating one with BasicColor 4.1.8 and the Eye One 2. I will also give my RGB settings and brightness/contrast settings for the FP241VW that I use. Calibration with this combo so far has made me extremely happy.

Same for 2005FPW.

Again, as Luthorcrow and Dunan have said, this is not the "be-all-end-all" for perfection as screens may vary highly and different revisions/firmwares have different tweaks, but I hope to at least provide something that improves your settings.

Expect information concerning build dates/firmware revisions if I can find for each monitor as well as video card (4850) and drivers.

Targets for both monitors will be 140 cdm/2, 2.2gamma, sRGB. The profiles will come from Windows XP.

Remember though, that profiles do not do anything in 3d games.

Regards!

I'm looking for a profile for a Dell 2005FPW.

There's one at digitalversus. Sucked for my 241W, but worth a try: http://www.digitalversus.com/article-424-2907-141.html

Maybe we need to start a [Hard] Hardware Calibrator Co-op.

Not sure if I did the whole file den thing right, but here's my two monitor profiles.

I used the Spyder 2 with the Pro version of the software for my BenQ FP241WZ and Dell 2405FPW (old, I know). Things actually look consistent and better between monitors now, I was surprised given all the negative feedback on the spider.

Anyways:

BenQ FP241WZ
Gamma 2.2
Brightness 90
Contrast 50
R 48
G 48
B 57
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/24/2017093/Spyder2 BenQ FP241W Z 2.2 6500K.icm

Native colour profile (all settings default on monitor):
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/24/2017093/Spyder2 BenQ FP241W Z 2.2 Native.icm

Dell 2405FPW (the RGB values shocked me but everything looks great now instead of white looking yellow)
Gamma 2.2
Brightness 100
Contrast default (no adjustment on this monitor).
R 30
G 30
B 85
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/24/2017093/Spyder2 Dell 2405FPW 2.2 6500K.icm

Native profile; 100 brightness with sRGB default colour:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/24/2017093/Spyder2 Dell 2405FPW 2.2 Native.icm

Dell 2405 (DVI connection off an nVidia 7300GT using 182.06 drivers)

To Target: 0.314 0.324 xy with maximum dynamic range
brightness 0
blue 49
red 42
green 37.5

Vista

Profiled with spyder2pro using custom 1.9 gamma (for some reason, this turns out to be 2.2 gamma in the real world) and native white point
http://www.savefile.com/files/2029636

gamma was verified to be 2.2 using these sites:
http://www.photoscientia.co.uk/Gamma.htm
http://www.tsi.enst.fr/~brettel/TESTS/Gamma/Gamma.html

i don't know why spyder2pro does that... or if my nVidia card is doing something strange

I don't understand this thread. I just got my first calibration kit, and have two NEC 2490 monitors at the moment. They require vastly different settings. One backlight needs blue reduced, and the other needs green and blue reduced (the short summary). Not to mention the voltage line adjustments on the panel itself.

These things totally vary from monitor to monitor unit...

I don't understand this thread. I just got my first calibration kit, and have two NEC 2490 monitors at the moment. They require vastly different settings. One backlight needs blue reduced, and the other needs green and blue reduced (the short summary). Not to mention the voltage line adjustments on the panel itself.

These things totally vary from monitor to monitor unit...

As has been said many times in this thread already, anyone who actually has a calibrator also knows that using other people's calibrations is pretty useless. Even if you use it and then tweak it around, without a hardware colorimeter or spectrophotometer to verify the settings you're still shooting around in the dark... and may be making things worse than you already have them just by using the factory defaults. The fact that calibrators even exist in the first place shows you how big this sample-to-sample variation can be. If it wasn't significant then all monitors would ship from the factory with the same default profile and there wouldn't be a problem.

The other thing I don't really understand is the people with 30" LCDs asking for profiles. You shell out $1000+ for the display and make a big deal about getting a quality display with good color, but don't care enough to invest in a hardware calibrator?

Ruahrc

And it's a waste of time to calibrate until the monitor has been on for 1-2 hours. It's amazing how long the display temperature point can keep drifting until it settles and stops.

anyone has the ICC or ICM profile for

1. dell 2007WFP and/or
2. dell E207WFP?

Please help to upload, many thanks !!!

I spent around 4 hours using my NEC provided sensor to obtain multiple calibrations before I settled on the one I felt was best for my NEC 2690WUXi chief concerning being the most comfortable white point for my personal viewing of documents and web pages. Considering all the time I spent to produce my calibrated settings under my lighting conditions with my monitor it is naive if not outright inappropriate to use someone else's settings.

Last edited:
hello! looking for a calibrated profile for LG L246WHX! thank you for sharing if you have it calibrated and also sharing RGB, contrast/brightness settings.

I'm trying to use the .icm profile for the Samsung 226BW and cannot get the profile to load again after a reboot.

I installed it and set it as the default color profile in Win Color, and it applies and does look better than what I had. But when I reboot it doesnt load.:confused:

I'm trying to do this on Windows XP. Could it have something to do with Nvidia color settings overriding it? I tried unchecking everything Nvidia related in msconfig but that didnt help. Also I dont have anything else like Adobe Gamma. Any help's appreciated.

I just calibrated my Dell 2408wfp A02 last night and all looks well except im getting a hint (maybe a bit more than a hint) of red or pink. Much more noticeable on the mouse pointer. My starting values were custom RGB 100 on Red, Green and Blue. I also started with my brightness down all the way to 0. I may try putting the Values are 50 for all three and put my brightness at 10 or more.

What do you guys think? Are you guys getting this red/pink tone?

BTW im using Eye Ones Display 2 for my calibration.

I have calibrated my Samsung 275T with Eye-One Display 2 and Calman and the improvement is spectacular. Colors feel much more natural and shadows details is much better.
- Gamma is now 2.16. Luminance is a bit low betwen 20 and 50 IRE.
- Color tempature is 6540
- DeltaE varies between 0.2 and 2.0 for all IRE.

Specifications
1) Gamma = +0.5
2) MagicColor = Off
3) Color Tone = Normal
6-color
4) Saturation: RGBCMY: 47,45,100,28,48,41
5) Hue: RGBCMY:50,34,56,50,46,50

Back