Offical Call of Duty Black Ops Thread

Not to mention if someone is using Last Stand, that means they're giving up Hacker or Tactical Mask, which means they are especially vulnerable to Claymores and Tactical nades.

if I reformat my computer and re-install Steam will all my multiplayer stats, classes, upgrades etc be saved or do I have to manually save everything?

that guy looks like he's playing at a much faster speed then everyone else...they don't seem to stand a chance

Did anyone else start having stutters again after the last patch? The first patch fixed them for me, but this second patch seems to have brought them back. The stutters happen every 6 or so seconds which makes it hard to play, especially when trying to aim at a moving target.

Second chance is for people who cant get the kill in the first place. IMO of course.

This game is such bullshit mw2 ran great but was crap due to matchmaking and now this one has dedicated servers but they manage to make it run like total ass.

I get my pc is not top notch but i tried all settings on low/off 800x600 and ir runs just as bad so wtf... Fresh install of win7 new drivers for everything :mad:

My dads game worked fine until the recent SP patch, now it hitches all the time. I've had good performance since day one. The performance for this game just seems pretty random.

This game is such bullshit mw2 ran great but was crap due to matchmaking and now this one has dedicated servers but they manage to make it run like total ass.

I get my pc is not top notch but i tried all settings on low/off 800x600 and ir runs just as bad so wtf... Fresh install of win7 new drivers for everything :mad:

The game is just much more CPU intensive for some reason. They made some strides with the latest patch, but it still taxes the CPU more than Modern Warfare 2. If you upgrade that dual-core to a quad, you'll see a large improvement in performance. Things were similar with Bad Company 2 as well--going from a dual to a quad gave a massive performance boost.

The game is just much more CPU intensive for some reason. They made some strides with the latest patch, but it still taxes the CPU more than Modern Warfare 2. If you upgrade that dual-core to a quad, you'll see a large improvement in performance. Things were similar with Bad Company 2 as well--going from a dual to a quad gave a massive performance boost.

I don't think you could be any more wrong than you are currently.

if I reformat my computer and re-install Steam will all my multiplayer stats, classes, upgrades etc be saved or do I have to manually save everything?

Yes. MW2 was the same way, which is nice because I had lost all my MW/WaW progression multiple times.

This game is so full of shit in multiplayer. I put rounds in my target and they don't die, then they turn around and shoot me twice, and bam, dead. WTF is the deal here?

Last Stand is awesome. People who get pissed about it should do a better job making sure your opponent is dead.
Which is exactly why its broken, you effectively have to kill someone twice - breaking 1v2, 1v3 etc situations.

In games designed around skill (for example say one of the CS games), a skilled player can enter a room and kill 3 people. In games designed around console noobishness, (for example CoD games with Last Stand perks) the skilled player will kill one person, and while firing at the second the first 'killed' player magically comes back to life and kills the skilled player with a pistol.

In a 1v1 situation its not so bad as you have the time to ensure your opponent is dead, but in a 1 v Many situation its horribly BROKEN, and I agree with those who say it has to go. Of course it won't go though, after all CoD games are not designed around skill. Nevertheless they are still fun, just don't go into them with your expectations too high.

This game is so full of shit in multiplayer. I put rounds in my target and they don't die, then they turn around and shoot me twice, and bam, dead. WTF is the deal here?

there's this thing called lag, and

Which is exactly why its broken, you effectively have to kill someone twice - breaking 1v2, 1v3 etc situations.

In games designed around skill (for example say one of the CS games), a skilled player can enter a room and kill 3 people. In games designed around console noobishness, (for example CoD games with Last Stand perks) the skilled player will kill one person, and while firing at the second the first 'killed' player magically comes back to life and kills the skilled player with a pistol.

In a 1v1 situation its not so bad as you have the time to ensure your opponent is dead, but in a 1 v Many situation its horribly BROKEN, and I agree with those who say it has to go. Of course it won't go though, after all CoD games are not designed around skill. Nevertheless they are still fun, just don't go into them with your expectations too high.

I've played CS at a high level of competitive play for years now, I also play CoD in my leisure time. Last Stand can be annoying but it's really not that bad. Your opponent falls different when using last stand vs. non. I'm rarely killed by those who fall in last stand because I usually keep shooting a second or so after they are dead. I personally don't use last stand because in the time I sit chilling with my pistol out I could of respawned and killed 4 dudes.

I've played CS at a high level of competitive play for years now, I also play CoD in my leisure time. Last Stand can be annoying but it's really not that bad. Your opponent falls different when using last stand vs. non. I'm rarely killed by those who fall in last stand because I usually keep shooting a second or so after they are dead. I personally don't use last stand because in the time I sit chilling with my pistol out I could of respawned and killed 4 dudes.

But that one extra pistol kill could have rewarded you with a huey and then about 15 kills ;)

In other news, I recently uploaded my first video using Theater mode:
Gun Game - Tier 10 <40s

Haven't gotten too fancy with it yet, the first recording is just first-person at normal speed. I made another with a little slo-mo finesse and next I want to look into various perspectives and stitching a few clips together.

Yes. MW2 was the same way, which is nice because I had lost all my MW/WaW progression multiple times.

thanks

exactly

my only complaint about last stand is not getting the kill and someone else stealing it.

that too...although after 5-10 seconds if no one kills the 'second chance' player he dies and you get credit for it

This is elitist nonsense at it's finest. All games of this type require skill. All players with more skill than others do better than those with less skill. It's funny how people whine about a given game's mechanics and say it isn't a game of skill. Are you mad that in another game like CS you do really well and in CoD you suck? Is that it? If you don't like the game's mechanics you don't like them. Just say that and move on. Don't act smug and superior like the game isn't challenging or designed around skill. That's nonsense. Sometimes people get shot and don't die right away. Sometimes police and military personnel need to shoot the enemy / suspect / opponent again after their down.
You do know that not all bullet wounds kill or kill right away don't you? That being said I don't know if you noticed this but last stand doesn't always mean that you get to fire from a wounded position every time. I've been killed plenty of times through head shots or whatever in which case last stand didn't do a damned thing for me. I still died from the first round. Using the room full of guys scenario I'm going to go out on a limb and say last stand doesn't "break" 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 scenarios. Since I don't spam grenades at random directions when I spawn in I can toss a grenade into a room like that, then run in and finish off anyone who might be alive. Use your equipment smarter. Simple as that.

Again it's funny how I can count pretty much on one hand all the times I've been killed by someone using the last stand perk but you act like it's a rampant problem. Your inability to finish off the bad guy and pay attention to detail isn't a flaw with the game mechanics, but rather the player who gets killed by it. It's like whining about martyrdom. How about you don't haphazardly run over corpses which may or may not have live grenades on them? Follow some simple logic and these perks aren't that big of a deal.

I don't think that the perks take skill out of the game. They simply allow someone who is lagging behind the chance to climb back up to the top. I find some of the perks as annoying as anyone else at times but they aren't a problem. It's just what makes the game different than say Counterstrike Source or Unreal Tournament. That in no way means it takes less skill to play the game. Better players have better scores. Sorry if a chopper gunner or last stand makes it too difficult for you.

I don't know if it's CS or what but there are a lot of whiny bitches on the internet. :rolleyes:

My favourite loadout is

Ak74u with rapid fire
Dual revolver

Hardline pro
Sight of hand pro
Hacker

This setup destroys in TDM on small maps like nuketown, I set my killstreak rewards as SAM, the Turret thing and care package, I go 50/10 if I'm lucky.

To the poster above defending second chance here is my take. I do agree the game takes skill like any game, but i also think second chance is a game breaker. You are correct in saying not everyone in real life scenarios dies in one hit. However. I am willing to bet if I pump rounds into a guy holding an assault rifle he will not drop his weapon and pull out a pistol before he hits the ground. On top of that someone who is bleeding out on the ground will not have the accuracy of this game. Second chance is simply there for people who suck. Give the perk a slight delay to when they can pull out a pistol and the accuracy of a fallen team mate from left 4 dead and maybe it wouldn't be as bad.

I don't think that the perks take skill out of the game. They simply allow someone who is lagging behind the chance to climb back up to the top.

Which in my eyes means the person is too crappy to get a kill in the first place, thereby "giving" them a second chance to try and get the kill they don't deserve.

My favourite loadout is

Ak74u with rapid fire
Dual revolver

Hardline pro
Sight of hand pro
Hacker

This setup destroys in TDM on small maps like nuketown, I set my killstreak rewards as SAM, the Turret thing and care package, I go 50/10 if I'm lucky.

This is going to be nerfed next patch. So enjoy it while you still can.

My favourite loadout is

Ak74u with rapid fire
Dual revolver

Hardline pro
Sight of hand pro
Hacker

I hardly see anybody use SAM and turrerts, good on ya though.

I just discovered the most badass kill racking killstreak setup for myself. 3 kill UAV, 9 Kill chopper gunner, 11 kill gunship. I use UAV to see peeps coming around in immedaite proximity, skip the chopper gunner in hopes to get a gunship... if I do. I use gunship until it goes away then immediately afterwards I use chopper gunner. I can easily rack up 30+ kills everytime I reach the last killstreak. It takes much patience and precision because you have to survive and get 11 kills straight, but the pay off is so beautiful.

I don't mind second chance in regular games. But in anything "Hardcore" it's really annoying.

This is elitist nonsense at it's finest. All games of this type require skill. All players with more skill than others do better than those with less skill. It's funny how people whine about a given game's mechanics and say it isn't a game of skill. Are you mad that in another game like CS you do really well and in CoD you suck? Is that it? If you don't like the game's mechanics you don't like them. Just say that and move on. Don't act smug and superior like the game isn't challenging or designed around skill. That's nonsense. Sometimes people get shot and don't die right away. Sometimes police and military personnel need to shoot the enemy / suspect / opponent again after their down.
You do know that not all bullet wounds kill or kill right away don't you? That being said I don't know if you noticed this but last stand doesn't always mean that you get to fire from a wounded position every time. I've been killed plenty of times through head shots or whatever in which case last stand didn't do a damned thing for me. I still died from the first round. Using the room full of guys scenario I'm going to go out on a limb and say last stand doesn't "break" 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 scenarios. Since I don't spam grenades at random directions when I spawn in I can toss a grenade into a room like that, then run in and finish off anyone who might be alive. Use your equipment smarter. Simple as that.

Again it's funny how I can count pretty much on one hand all the times I've been killed by someone using the last stand perk but you act like it's a rampant problem. Your inability to finish off the bad guy and pay attention to detail isn't a flaw with the game mechanics, but rather the player who gets killed by it. It's like whining about martyrdom. How about you don't haphazardly run over corpses which may or may not have live grenades on them? Follow some simple logic and these perks aren't that big of a deal.

I don't think that the perks take skill out of the game. They simply allow someone who is lagging behind the chance to climb back up to the top. I find some of the perks as annoying as anyone else at times but they aren't a problem. It's just what makes the game different than say Counterstrike Source or Unreal Tournament. That in no way means it takes less skill to play the game. Better players have better scores. Sorry if a chopper gunner or last stand makes it too difficult for you.

I don't know if it's CS or what but there are a lot of whiny bitches on the internet. :rolleyes:

Your missing the point that things like chopper gunner -are- by design something that does not require skill, beyond basic understanding of what the controls are. That is why they were put in the game, along with stuff like last stand, or any number of the other 'perks'.

I like the game, but in no way, shape, or form will you win the argument that the latest CoD games have an equally high skill ceiling as games like CS, UT, or HLDM.

Is skill required, and is skill rewarded? Absolutely - But not nearly as much as a game like UT.

That said, I won't complain about last stand as I find most people using it are typically pretty bad at the game. If i'm in a situation where it is more then 1v1 and I drop someone with last stand; There is usually enough time where you can see the person is last stand before they start shooting you that you can take cover, and typically before I take cover I start baking a grenade to finish the kill. Last stand doesn't reward players that are capable of a higher skill ceiling. IMO, for the 3rd perk slot hacker or the gas mask is the best choice. Gas mask in it's 'Pro' form is outstanding.

Your missing the point that things like chopper gunner -are- by design something that does not require skill, beyond basic understanding of what the controls are. That is why they were put in the game, along with stuff like last stand, or any number of the other 'perks'.

I like the game, but in no way, shape, or form will you win the argument that the latest CoD games have an equally high skill ceiling as games like CS, UT, or HLDM.

Is skill required, and is skill rewarded? Absolutely - But not nearly as much as a game like UT.

CS and COD are totally different games out of the package and players coming from CS develop a better gamer sense than players who never played CS and only played COD4 and later. The perks are definitely a handicap. However, there's promod for COD and I am not too keen on the specifics, but to my understanding promod for COD is designed to take out all the perks and attachments to make the game bare as much as possible. Which will put the game's raw skill factor on a near level as CS.

I like my HK21 light machine gun with extended mag but its high recoil annoys me at times

I hardly see anybody use SAM and turrerts, good on ya though.

I just discovered the most badass kill racking killstreak setup for myself. 3 kill UAV, 9 Kill chopper gunner, 11 kill gunship. I use UAV to see peeps coming around in immedaite proximity, skip the chopper gunner in hopes to get a gunship... if I do. I use gunship until it goes away then immediately afterwards I use chopper gunner. I can easily rack up 30+ kills everytime I reach the last killstreak. It takes much patience and precision because you have to survive and get 11 kills straight, but the pay off is so beautiful.

Anything that drops out of the air like the sentry gun, sam turret and carepackage can be changed out for something else with hardline, so it's like getting 3 carepackages, I keep the sentry gun though and if I'm lucky get a second one from the sam turret and then it's just ownage from there. And usually get something good from the care package. It's not as cheap as people make it sound though.

Anything that drops out of the air like the sentry gun, sam turret and carepackage can be changed out for something else with hardline, so it's like getting 3 carepackages, I keep the sentry gun though and if I'm lucky get a second one from the sam turret and then it's just ownage from there. And usually get something good from the care package. It's not as cheap as people make it sound though.

So that's what you guys do. I have seen people do that before, I just never could figure out how. So, it's hardline pro eh? lol. I've seen a guy get like 3 care packages and I thought he was glitching. He just kept having those air strikes rolling in all round. I didn't say anything, but I was really suspicious of this guy.

Back