Official 10.4 Drivers out

I feel like I'm constantly updating, but woohoo! I'll get these puppies on and playing some BC2 in 3 hours.

Hopefully these will not make my monitor with Displayport adapter go blank. Had this issue only with the 10.4a drivers. 10.3 and older gave me no problems.

release notes link isnt working.

are these worth it or should i just stay on 10.3a for now

Do I have to install the old Crossfire profiles (from 4/7/2010) or is a new set included with 10.4?

The BC2 load fix didn't make it in for 2000, 3000 and 4000 Series.

http://twitter.com/CatalystMaker/statuses/13020740195

Known Issues Under All Windows Operating Systems
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under
the Windows operating system in the latest version of Catalyst™. These include:

* Loading time between maps in "Battlefield 2: Bad Company" may be long for ATI
Radeon™ HD 2000, 3000 and 4000 Series

http://www2.ati.com/relnotes/Catalyst_104_release_notes.pdf

Last edited:
They really improved it for the 5000 series, I am getting about a 3 second load for my 5850 @ 5040x1050. Granted something screwed up my eyefinty and I can't get back to it.

Its a farce, another week and it'll be 2 months since buying the game that ive not been able to play it properly.

But there is a hotfix that works with the 2000,3000 and 4000 series. I know because I've been using it for the last week.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATI-Catalyst-10-4-a-Hotfix.aspx

Made my load times drop to 5-10 seconds on my 4850.

I'm really not surprised that the 2/3/4xxx hotfix didn't make it in the newest driver build - it was released just a week ago, and that kind of thing has to go through LAYERS of testing before getting the go-ahead. The fix for the 5xxx series has been out for two weeks now, by-comparison.

Just stick with the hotfix for now, and expect the fix to be fully-integrated into 10.5.

Getting Error on AMD website when I select my drivers and click to download them

"Server Error in '/us-en' Application.
Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'ASP.vista64_optional' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\us-en\b17c1bf6\2b32ab6\App_Web_r17v46fs.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\us-en\b17c1bf6\2b32ab6\App_Web_win7-64-optional.ascx.9113c547.m4v9vdut.dll'

Source Error:

Line 16: <uc4:win7 ID="win72" runat="server" />
Line 17:
Line 18: <uc5:win7 ID="win73" runat="server" />
Line 19:
Line 20:

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\us-en\App_Controls\Catalyst\win7\windows-7-64bit.ascx Line: 18

"

For those not running 5***'s and experiencing slow load times just use the preview driver that's what it's meant for. The fix for those cards obviously didn't make in, in time for testing and QA so expect it in either a hotfix or 10.5.

stefan231, what driver set are you trying to download? Which OS etc?

Anyone know if we should use the 10.4 app profiles or if they are included in 10.4 WHQL?

Each month the drivers are released later and later. At some point ATI is going to have to put in some severe overtime to catch up or miss a month in thier cycle. 10.5 won't be available until what May 30? 31?

Each month the drivers are released later and later. At some point ATI is going to have to put in some severe overtime to catch up or miss a month in thier cycle. 10.5 won't be available until what May 30? 31?

Considering ATI release a new driver each week to OEMs they don't need to work overtime. They simply select the best one they made since the last release. Sometimes this might be an early one, sometimes the very last one for the month.

Working great on my 5850, but they STILL hadn't fixed the sleep issues with the HD3200 in my media center PC.

9.12 is still the newest driver that allows the HD3200 to reliably resume from sleep mode without the black-screen issue. :(

Apparently they will not install on a 5830 for some reason. When you go to AMD website and do the driver selection for the 5830 it takes you to 10.2 vers of cat for some reason. My card manufacture luckily have the 10.3 drivers that work for my 5830.

ATI Catalyst – Video enhancements
  • H.264 Level 5.1 support
    • ATI Catalyst™ can now playback 5.1 level streams on all supported players
    • Allows for playback of high resolutions (4Kx2K)

Best part. :D

They installed very odd on my PC. Screen was off and Afterburner would not work but a reboot fixed all and they seem as stable as anything else.

So whats the proper way to install these new drivers ? Need to run driver sweeper ?

Exactly what I was going to ask. Supposedly it does according to the release notes, but I wish someone would confirm it, so that I can switch my 4870 to a 5800 series.

I have installed the new driver and so far it seems to have solved the issues for me

So whats the proper way to install these new drivers ? Need to run driver sweeper ?

AMD's official stance is that you should just install over the old ones. You'll only need to run Driver Sweeper is you have any issues, which I haven't had in the last year or so.

these drivers are phenominal... for the first time since I put together my eyefinity setup, I can hotkey between eyefinity and extended desktop settings with ease!

I am a happy guy

Hopefully these will not make my monitor with Displayport adapter go blank. Had this issue only with the 10.4a drivers. 10.3 and older gave me no problems.

Did they fix this? Anyone? Eh I'll just install it and see for myself I guess.

After reading the release notes there doesn't seem to be much point to installing these if you dont have a 5000 series card.

Did they fix this? Anyone? Eh I'll just install it and see for myself I guess.

Nope, still broken. The monitor using the Displayport adapter won't turn on at all. I've tried un-plugging, rebooting, etc. but to no avail. I went back to 10.3b and the problem goes away. All three monitors working fine.

I really have no clue what to do at this point. I thought it might be my adapter at first but that doesn't make sense since it works fine with all the drivers before these. It seems like other people are having this problem too so I'm lost at this point. :(

Anyone know if they ever fixed the multi-channel drop outs/chanenl jumping when using HDMI audio? It works using 24-bit/41kHz but nothing greater.

Nope, still broken. The monitor using the Displayport adapter won't turn on at all. I've tried un-plugging, rebooting, etc. but to no avail. I went back to 10.3b and the problem goes away. All three monitors working fine.

I really have no clue what to do at this point. I thought it might be my adapter at first but that doesn't make sense since it works fine with all the drivers before these. It seems like other people are having this problem too so I'm lost at this point. :(

Which adapter are you using? Ive got the Accel one you can get off Amazon and havent had a single issue with it since I put this system together.

A bit of topic but relevant too I think. I am pleased to report the 10.4's actually allows me to complete the final level in the original Crysis. 10.1-10.3 did not, I'd get the imfamous BSOD some 5xxx owners know about.

Back