Official ASUS P67 Tips and Tricks

Gary Key

ASUS Technical Support
1/24/2011 Update -
I will use this thread for passing along tips, tricks, and solutions to problems with the ASUS P67 motherboards. I will update this thread several times over the next few days.

A. Users experiencing double Splash Screen during POST process can do the following to shorten or eliminate the double Splash screen effect. Tested with the 1253 BIOS release.
1. Enter UEFI, go to Advanced options, Boot, Option ROM Message, set this to Keep Current. Even with all ports enabled (Marvell, JMB, Realtek LAN) this should eliminate the double Splash Screen when UEFI is initializing these external devices.
2. For users with external network and RAID cards that require POST initialization, this above option might also eliminate the double or triple splash screen effect. If not, please enter UEFI, go to Advanced options, Boot, Full Screen Logo (set to disabled) and Post Report (set to 1 sec), Option ROM Message (set to Keep Current) and then save and exit. We are still testing a wide variety of external cards with these options changed from default so there might still be a double Splash screen effect in certain cases but we will see if that can be minimized in future BIOS releases.
3. On side note, while in the Boot section of UEFI, you can change the Setup option from EZ Mode to Advanced to eliminate the step of clicking on Exit and then Advanced Mode while in EZ Mode operation.

B. Users experiencing Per Core (cannot adjust in OS) option under Advanced Options, Ai Tweaker Mode, Turbo Ratio setting switching to All Core after reboot problem.
1. Enter UEFI, go to Advanced options, Ai Tweaker, Ai Overclock Tuner (change to Auto Mode), Turbo Ratio (change to Per Core), Core Ratio Limit (change to expected Turbo Ratio Max Multi), save and exit.
2. We are still investigating why some systems do not hold this setting while Ai Overclock Tuner is in Manual mode. Once we can replicate the problem, the BIOS will be updated.

Last edited:
1. If any of the following devices are not detected or not usable:
- Devices installed on PCIEx1_1 slot
- Devices installed on PCIEx1_2 slot
- The additional SATA6G port from Marvell 9128
- eSATA controller
- Devices installed on PCI_1 slot
- Devices installed on PCI_2 slot
- Onboard 1394 controller
- Second LAN
Please check the device manager under 'Storage controllers' , look for a device with the name 'ACS-6xxxx'. The manufacturer is 'Accusys Inc.' and will have an exclamation mark next to it.
This driver may be installed automatically when users run Windows Update, which causes a malfunction of these devices. Please uninstall the driver,reboot, and then those devices/slots will be available. We have asked MS to pull this driver from the auto update procedure.
2. If you are receiving random BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) under Windows 7 OS without any warning at stock or what appears to be stable OC settings, please download the following patch from Microsoft to have the problem fixed (98% fix rate): This hotfix will be in SP1.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979444
3. If you are experiencing long boot up times (greater than 30 seconds) or slow performance of SATA HDD or SSDs, please remove Intel RST 10.1.1008 if you have it installed and use the Intel boxed AHCI driver in Windows 7 or Windows VISTA. For XP users please try IDE mode until Intel releases a new update. The new update will also include full support for bootable RAID arrays over 2TB in size along with other bug fixes/performance enhancements specific to P67 (new firmware will be released to the board manufacturers also).
4. If you are still unable to install AiSuiteII after using the Patcher file, you might be using a COA hack for Windows 7. Please reinstall OS without the hack and it will work. If you are sure the OS install is hack free, then please PM me.
5. If you are unable to enable SLI support with various versions of Nvidia drivers (especially 266 and up), please reinstall the OS with the latest BIOS installed. I know this is drastic, but the SLI key format has changed and the OS might not recognize the new key in the updated BIOS (especially if non released NV drivers were previously installed, drivercleaner will not clear this setting during an uninstall). This should not occur in future BIOS releases.
6. If you are unable to display BCLK properly, not able to overclock under the OS (including Auto Tuning)…etc, please ensure the Intel MEI driver from the support CD or latest version from Intel has been installed. All controls related to the CPU are controled by the MEI under the OS and several even in UEFI mode. I think this is a must install under the Sandybridge platform even if you manually overclock.
7. If the power saving features not working after updating to BIOS 1253, please verify the power profile has been set to balanced mode instead of Performance Mode. As long as EIST is not disabled or CPU Voltage is to manual mode (use offset), the power saving modes will continue to operate normally. In addition, if you have enabled Internal PLL Voltage, then resume/hibernate will not work correctly until Intel has an update (or this might end up being standard operating mode).
8. The differences between the EPU switch, UEFI EPU option, and EPU under AiSuite II is as follows:
- EPU Switch: Once enabled, it will enable EPU option in BIOS and default to auto mode.
- EPU option in UEFI: Various options are available to select the level of power saving (lowering Vcore voltage when the system load decreases). Both the BIOS option and EPU switch will not effect performance, however stability at high overclocks will depend on the quality of the CPU and DRAM used.
- EPU under AiSuite II: Same as previous generations, 3 modes to choose from, AUTO (dynamic change multiplier and Vcore based on CPU load), High Performance (EPU OFF), and Max power saving (Drop CPU multiplier to lowest multiplier with relative VID decreases).

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips. Using 1253 with P8P67 DLX, I do have the problem outlined in "B". Looking forward to a new fixed BIOS.

Can you or JJ write a tutorial on how to flash the BIOS for ASUS EUFI? I haven't flash a BIOS before, so any step by step tutorial would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can you or JJ write a tutorial on how to flash the BIOS for ASUS EUFI? I haven't flash a BIOS before, so any step by step tutorial would be appreciated. Thanks.

It's pretty easy. Download the bios file to your desktop or wherever you want, open up AI suite, go to update and asus update, choose update bios from file, and follow the prompts.

Even though I've been having very bad experience with this asus board, I would say that I do like the fact that you guys follow these forums and actually listen to people. I can't say that for MSI or Gigabyte, but then agian, I'm not hearing that they're having as widespread problems like the p8p67's.

Either way it's nice to know yall are listening and atleast are attempting to fix the problems. I would be concerned however if I (or anyone that doesn't go to forums like these) didnt know all this was going on, honestly I would've returned the board as soon as I started to get my first headache (I'm on my fifth currently). And it's very likely that your average joe (that doesn't come to forums like these) would've already returned theirs for another brand aswell.

My Asus P8P67 Deluxe board keeps randomly dieing on my. It's done it maybe 10 times. Just in the middle of nothing ... it dies. Mostly games.

I've seen others with this problem.

I always buy Asus. Is my board bad? This would be the first Asus board that was bad if so.

My Asus P8P67 Deluxe board keeps randomly dieing on my. It's done it maybe 10 times. Just in the middle of nothing ... it dies. Mostly games.

I always buy Asus. Is my board bad? This would be the first Asus board that was bad if so.

Is it crashing at default speed? If it's because you are overclocking, it's probably because it's not stable. Lower the speed or apply more voltage. What stress test and how long did you do it for?

It's random at any speed, even the default OC of 4.4 that Asus says it has tested extensively.

Gary,

You sent me this fix in a PM and it worked well to clean this up for me.

The only issue with it is that if I want to access my Intel raid setup I have to re-enable the option-roms, then be able to enter. Since I'm not booting to the raid volume, managing through the Intel utility in Windows works.

I'm just curious if Asus plans on fixing the double/triple splash screens so we can keep controller specific splash screens enabled?

Anyways, thanks for the help. I'm happy with the board and how it's working now.

On a side note, the Bluetooth driver (not Asus software[not installed]) is causing Windows 7 to hang on shut down. After checking the performance logs in Event Viewer, it did give several critical warnings for performance degradation caused by this module. Anyone have an idea how to fix the hangs on shut down?

err my problem was it would just freeze,

didn't take the chance and returned it now waiting for new board

Copy the BIOS file to a USB stick, boot to the BIOS, go to Tools, select EZ-Update, point it at the file on the USB stick, and let it do its thing. Really easy now that you don't have to fool with DOS boot disks and the like.

Copy the BIOS file to a USB stick, boot to the BIOS, go to Tools, select EZ-Update, point it at the file on the USB stick, and let it do its thing. Really easy now that you don't have to fool with DOS boot disks and the like.

Thanks. Is F1 or Del to get into bios? I remember the initial set up waws F1, but onscreen it list Del. How long does flashing usually last?

Thanks. Is F1 or Del to get into bios? I remember the initial set up waws F1, but onscreen it list Del. How long does flashing usually last?

Press DEL during POST (while the full screen logo is up, if you have that turned on). Actual flashing takes less than a minute. When you reboot, be sure to load optimized defaults first, then change your settings to whatever you want.

Please check the device manager under 'Storage controllers' , look for a device with the name 'ACS-6xxxx'. The manufacturer is 'Accusys Inc.' and will have an exclamation mark next to it.
This driver may be installed automatically when users run Windows Update, which causes a malfunction of these devices. Please uninstall the driver,reboot, and then those devices/slots will be available. We have asked MS to pull this driver from the auto update procedure.
Is this the driver in Windows Update that I should avoid installing?
clipboard01xp.png

Back