Official BF3 benchmark please!

Evil Scooter

[H]F Junkie
Reading around it looks as BF3 is fast becoming the OC'ers acid test for GPU overclocking. FM and Heaven are a good start but a lot of OC's that pass them will fail BF3. I've experienced this personally as well. Who else wants an official BF3 benchmark? :D

eh i'm not a fan of canned benchmarks (hence i read [H]'s reviews). i remember the Crysis benchmark would always spit out higher framerate than you'd actually see in the game. i test my overclocks by playing games. canned benchmarks can be good to use as a measuring stick between other member's cards, so in that regard i could see wanting a canned BF3 benchmark.

eh i'm not a fan of canned benchmarks (hence i read [H]'s reviews). i remember the Crysis benchmark would always spit out higher framerate than you'd actually see in the game. i test my overclocks by playing games. canned benchmarks can be good to use as a measuring stick between other member's cards, so in that regard i could see wanting a canned BF3 benchmark.

Yep, they're good comparison tools especially when comparing the same card/architecture to itself in someone else's system... as far as absolute speed in normal gameplay, the stock benchmarks usually aren't as they get optimized to hell and back by drivers and aren't representative of normal run-throughs (gameplay) or even custom timedemos (automated actual gameplay) of game sections.

What does that have to do with anything? :rolleyes:

I guess a bf3 "official" benchmark would be OK, though.

Just not a fan of Origin lol.

" eh i'm not a fan of canned benchmarks (hence i read [H]'s reviews). i remember the Crysis benchmark would always spit out higher framerate than you'd actually see in the game. i test my overclocks by playing games. canned benchmarks can be good to use as a measuring stick between other member's cards, so in that regard i could see wanting a canned BF3 benchmark. "

Canned Benchmarks at leasts provides some consistency for testing

actually, funny as it may be, the witcher 2 works better for this, both my cards can run BF3 @ 1125/1575 with voltage @ 1.36, but will artifact instantly in TW2 until i boost voltage to 1.6xv.

Would be awesome.

Agree origin is annoying as shit. BF3 would load 10x faster if not for origin.

Would be awesome.

you must be thinking of Battlelog, not Origin. Origin loads faster for me than Steam. i'm not sure how you can say "BF3 would load 10x faster if not for XXXX" when you really don't have a basis for comparison.

I would love to see a canned benchmark tool for bf3. It's tough to know what real world performance will look like since there is a lot of variation in the circumstances. In other words, the map and the number of players on it makes a big difference. Usually canned benchmarks give higher results than you will see in real world gameplay, but at least they are constant. Additionally, they can be repeated which lets you get a better sense of the average results.

you must be thinking of Battlelog, not Origin. Origin loads faster for me than Steam. i'm not sure how you can say "BF3 would load 10x faster if not for XXXX" when you really don't have a basis for comparison.

Actually, I do.

I was running a no origin crack, it was awesome. It stopped working after the last big patch.

I hate going to server browser and clicking on a server and waiting for origin to launch and login before BF3 even starts to load.

Origin = Pile, Steam = pile

I hate game launchers with a passion.

Would be awesome.

I find steam gets in my way more than origin. *shrug* And their customer service (origin's) is WAY better, plus phone contact instead of only email if desired.

I find steam gets in my way more than origin. *shrug* And their customer service (origin's) is WAY better, plus phone contact instead of only email if desired.

I agree, it IS better than Steam. I still don't like it :D. I'm not really a huge fan of Battlelog either, but I can live with it.

Back