*** Official Catalyst 4.10 Thread ***

Quick question before I install, do I need CCC to be able to use Catalyst AI or can I just download the control panel/driver?

huh, it dropped my score from 5500 to 5100 on 3dmark05. anybody else get these type of results?

Is ATI version numbering this now based on the Catalyst Control Center? Wasn't the previous version a v4.9? :confused:

Moofasa~ said:
Quick question before I install, do I need CCC to be able to use Catalyst AI or can I just download the control panel/driver?

You need the latest CCC 4.10 to manipulate Catalyst AI.

If you do not download CCC Catalyst AI will be enabled by default at the "Standard" (Low) setting in the driver, but you won't be able to Disable it or set it to High without CCC installed.

chuckm1020 said:
huh, it dropped my score from 5500 to 5100 on 3dmark05. anybody else get these type of results?

I don't know what driver version you had installed before, but if you had the Beta 8.07 Hotfix installed (which improved 3dmark05 performance) those are actually Catalyst 4.11 beta.

Catalyst 4.10 is one version behind Beta 8.07 hotfix, so you may loose 3dmark05 performance.

But does that really matter?

The release notes say there are performance improvements across the board with Catalyst 4.10, so try games.

Brent_Justice said:
You need the latest CCC 4.10 to manipulate Catalyst AI.

If you do not download CCC Catalyst AI will be enabled by default at the "Standard" (Low) setting in the driver, but you won't be able to Disable it or set it to High without CCC installed.

Ah thanks very much Brent, I guess I'll use CCC because I want to use the high setting. Thanks again, you saved me 15 minutes...

ir0nw0lf said:
Is ATI version numbering this now based on the Catalyst Control Center? Wasn't the previous version a v4.9? :confused:

The pervious Catalyst version wsa 4.9, now it's 4.10, and the next one will be 4.11.

3dmark 2K1:
4.8= 19398
4.9= 19266
4.10= 19020

So my performance keeps dropping in 3dMark2k1. My performance in games are a little better though. Hmm.. I saw the 1080p and 720p output options. If I force it, will my DVD's look better? Of course this option really shines if you have your computer hooked to a HDTV. :D

chuckm1020 said:
what is Catalyst AI?

From Release Notes:

CATALYST™ A.I.

CATALYST™ A.I. allows the driver to intelligently analyze applications and textures to maximize graphics performance and enhance stability while delivering the absolute highest visual quality

Brent_Justice said:
I don't know what driver version you had installed before, but if you had the Beta 8.07 Hotfix installed (which improved 3dmark05 performance) those are actually Catalyst 4.11 beta.

Catalyst 4.10 is one version behind Beta 8.07 hotfix, so you may loose 3dmark05 performance.

But does that really matter?

The release notes say there are performance improvements across the board with Catalyst 4.10, so try games.
yah i had the 4.11betas, thats why it must of dropped. games are still running great though, thats all that matters. i was just cuirious about 3dmark05 :D

I was going to ask the same question AI? and CCC? I'm in these forums all the time and didnt hear of em. I guess I am behind everyone else. Anyone have any links to some benchies with these? If I download the entire 4.10 suite are these goodies included? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for any info!

Arkanian said:
From Release Notes:

CATALYST™ A.I.

CATALYST™ A.I. allows the driver to intelligently analyze applications and textures to maximize graphics performance and enhance stability while delivering the absolute highest visual quality
crap, so i need the control panel to set it to the highest? is there i way to just install the control panel without uninstalling my drivers and reinstalling them with the control panel?

Well the CCC didnt work for me in 4.9

And now in 4.10 it says I dont have permission to access it, yet I am an admin... hehe

You must have the latest Microsoft .Net Framework (I believe is 1.1) or CCC WILL NOT I REPEAT WILL NOT WORK.

What was the main reason for the Beta 8.07 hotfix release? I have read somewhere that there is an issue with the Catalyst drivers and the 256MB Ati cards, especially the X800 series. What exactly is the issue and how does the problem manifest itself? Is it just a performance issue or is it a freeze-up/ crash type situation? Is the driver not seeing the 256MB and therefore not utilizing it properly? Does the 4.10 Cats fix this 256MB issue?

I tried doing a clean install of the CCC 4.1's twice, and on system load I get a popup saying cli.exe Apllication error, failed to intialize properly blah blha blah... i uninstalled all thoe old ATI stuff b4 putting the new 4.1's on in their entirty (4.9 CCC worked fine) any ideas?

Working great here , and by great i mean bad. I dont really give a damn bout 3dmark but it did drop my CS : S stress test results by 8 from Omega 807 and by about 5 from official 807. Damnations!!! :eek:

Um, I just uninstalled my drivers, booted into safe mode, ran driver cleaner, did everything that your supposed to do. Then I installed .net 1.1, then i installed the 44MB file with the CCC, i go into windows after its installed and double click it, NOTHING, i cannot boot into the CCC, not only that but I still have the original control panel? Help?

i lost about 1fps on my VST scores at 1280x960 & 1600x1200 @ 4xAA and 8xAF going from 4.9 to 4.10.

anyone having slightly more shimmering in doom3 with the new cats? or is that just all in my head and I didn't pay attention to it with the 4.9s?

Just installed 4.10 and now City of Hereos doesn't work shows the video card (9500 pro) and says its not in the min req but you can go on anyway but it crashes

Installed it in but COD:UO doesn't like it. It makes a hard reboot once in a while and sometimes you get distortions in the graphics like an old movie. Anybody have this problem? All my other games are fine.

Hardball said:
What was the main reason for the Beta 8.07 hotfix release? I have read somewhere that there is an issue with the Catalyst drivers and the 256MB Ati cards, especially the X800 series. What exactly is the issue and how does the problem manifest itself? Is it just a performance issue or is it a freeze-up/ crash type situation? Is the driver not seeing the 256MB and therefore not utilizing it properly? Does the 4.10 Cats fix this 256MB issue?

main issue was other drivers sucks at 3dmarks05 and using the 8.07B the the 3dmarks soared (3dmarks05) soo what caused this!

go figure :p

When I try to install these I get an error, 'cannot copy the file ati2mtag.sy_'

What's the deal?

omega-x said:
the CCC is a bloated POS.
stick to the standard control panel =D
i agree with u definetly, but in order to turn CATALYST™ A.I. on high u need that damn CCC crap :(

chuckm1020 said:
i agree with u definetly, but in order to turn CATALYST™ A.I. on high u need that damn CCC crap :(

then you need omega drivers 8.07 . omega himself enabled CAT AI through chrisW's special omega radlinker version. www.omegadrivers.net

ComputerBox34 said:
Installed it in but COD:UO doesn't like it. It makes a hard reboot once in a while and sometimes you get distortions in the graphics like an old movie. Anybody have this problem? All my other games are fine.

Fixed. I forgot that my card doesn't like the fast write feature. :rolleyes:

swatX said:
then you need omega drivers 8.07 . omega himself enabled CAT AI through chrisW's special omega radlinker version. www.omegadrivers.net

yup...I'm running them and won't switch until Omega releases another batch that's worth upgrading to. I agree that the CCC is a POS...and I won't use the standard ATI drivers again as long as Omega makes better ones :D

I mean really,...who makes a friggin control panel that chews up ram like a M$ office app when it's not even doing anything??!!! Not even up on the screen even...just in the friggin systray! Crap...total crap...

just my opinion though...YMMV. :p

here's a test with the 9800 Pro.

Catalyst 4.10 vs Beta Catalyst 8.07

attachment.php

Catalyst 4.10's scored 2947
Beta 8.07's scored 3010

and if you notice, the 8.07's are a higher version than the 4.10's

4.9 -> 4.10

Video playback stopped working!

I mean WMP10 and VideoLAN 0.7.2 show nothing but black.

Hmm, VirtualDub still works. Maybe it's just DX video.

I'm going to reinstall them. Anybody else getting this?

edit: video worked while they were uninstalled, and stopped after they were reinstalled. I went to video settings and noticed that brightness and contrast had been turned to 0. It wouldn't let me adjust them even while video was playing, so I changed the preset to Home and it started working.

I wonder why they defaulted off.

Netrat33 said:
anyone having slightly more shimmering in doom3 with the new cats? or is that just all in my head and I didn't pay attention to it with the 4.9s?
i've had problems with doom 3 since the catalyst 4.9's. i've tried completely uninstalling all drivers with driver cleaner and such, but i still have really bad texture/polygon problems with in-game items and models. same with call of duty. other games seem to run fine, though. i tried going back to the 4.8's and the new 4.10's and the problem hasn't gone away.

Back