*** Official Catalyst 4.11 Thread ***

I give these a thumbs up. All the problems from the 4.10's have dissapeared. I'm also getting the same or higher frame rates.

I'm still using the 4.8's, have had absolute 0 problems with them.

with HL2 1 day away i ask myself..should i get the 4.12b's ? :confused:

133 said:

You should...i gained 10fps more on VST with 4.12b. ;)

133 said:

For sure you should. If you dont like them an uninstall is just a couple of mouse clicks away ;-)

:mad: Every driver superior to 4.9 gives graphical corruption in HL2. They do give a major boost in fps, but I can't play with the artifacts...

Is there any fix for it yet? (I even tested the 4.12beta)

matrixfan0831 said:
i come up with two unknown devices after installing 4.11's. I dont know how to fix it...

Did you choose a custom install and only selected the driver and control panel? If so, it's probably the Rage Theater chip that needs drivers.

i only installed the driver and not the control panel or anythingn like that.... what should i do...?

matrixfan0831 said:
i only installed the driver and not the control panel or anythingn like that.... what should i do...?

Just re-download the driver package and choose "Express Install" when prompted. After you reboot, you'll notice that XP discovers the Rage Theater chip, which is normal and will get rid of those "unknown" devices.

Not a fan of the 4.11 or the 4.12b. As far as I'm concerned, the only reason I'd see a performance boost would be because they disabled Direct3D and OpenGL customizations (adjusting the amount of AA/AF, detail, etc).

Back