Official Dell 2707WFP Thread !!! Info, Pictures, Reviews

:) I just ordered my 2707 !!! from costco. Any suggestions are appreciated! icm color profile ........? :)

Good luck getting it. I ordered mine on July 14th and it's still not here. It was supposed to be here last Wednesday but the monkeys at DHL decided to ship it from Fresno California to Texas before shipping it to my address in central California (about 4 hours from Fresno), so it's had a week delay and is probably beat to hell...:mad:

Hello,

To those who play Xbox 360 on the Dell 2707 I have the following questions:
1) Do you prefer to play in 1:1 aspect mode with black bars, or do you play full screen with the image stretched because the black bars stand out too much against the silver bezel?

2) If you had no option for 1:1 aspect mode on this monitor and you HAD to play Xbox 360 stretched, would you be okay with that, or does it just look too yuck?

Thanks.

1) Do you prefer to play in 1:1 aspect mode with black bars, or do you play full screen with the image stretched because the black bars stand out too much against the silver bezel?

> I personally prefer 1:1, but has nothing to do with streteched images quality. Black bars on top and bottom of the screen don't bother me at all.

2) If you had no option for 1:1 aspect mode on this monitor and you HAD to play Xbox 360 stretched, would you be okay with that, or does it just look too yuck?

>Yeah i am okay with it. Prior to the spring dashboard update, I used use the component cable and set 720P mode with fill option. Games looked fantastic. I coudln't really tell the difference between my other 27inch LCD TV and 2707.

So how do you tell what version you've got? Mine has a sticker on the back that says REV A00. Does this mean it's a revision 0???

I just bought it from Costco.com.

cool whoster69 :) !!! First impressions......any photos,settings.....? mexico or china?

Well, first impressions are that it's BIG! Really BIG! Other than that, it's revision A00. I checked with Dell and they claimed that this is the current revision (in other words, no revisions on this monitor yet). They were a bit cagey about it. I would like confirmation from others if possible. Does anyone have a revision A01 or higher?

Other than that I'm trying to figure out the best way to calibrate this thing without buying some expensive software/device. Does anyone have any ideas??? I've tried calibrating by eye. Right now I have it set for 30 brightness and 50 contrast. Strangely enough [H]ard|Forum gives it the most trouble with it's blindingly bright reds.

What settings are other people using?

As to pics, I'll post some in the next day or two as soon as I get some time.

Other first impressions... I can see a slight bit of graininess sometimes if I sit a little closer and look very carefully but I generally don't notice it. I'm still waiting on my 10 foot cables so I can move the monitor farther away. I'm sure that will help too. It is VERY BRIGHT, blindingly so at times. Games look fantastic on it. I play a lot of Battlefield games. They have never looked so good. Colors are rich. I do not notice any ghosting but I do notice the slowness a bit (about a frame or two behind I'd guess from my old CRT. It's just barely perceptible. Nothing bad, I'll just have to readjust how far I lead planes slightly.)

Anyway that's all I've noticed to this point on 4 hours of sleep. More later. If anyone has some ideas on how to best calibrate, please tell me or post your settings.

Thanks.

I get vertically scrolling wavy lines when I display my Xbox 360 at 1080p via VGA. Does anyone else have this problem? I have tried 3 different 2707wfp monitors and 2 VGA cables and I have had the same problem with each. Could it be the phase setting on the monitor that I need to adjust?

After spending months reading reviews I finally decided to pick up a 2707. I have had it for 3 days and so far I am extremely pleased with it. It is by far the best looking monitor I have ever seen. The brushed aluminium frame is gorgeous, the black glass base is classy and the stand is an engineering masterpiece. The first word from everyone who has seen the display has generally been “wow”.

This has replaced a dual monitor setup with a 17” Samsung 710T LCD and a 19” Viewsonic Vision Master Pro 454 CRT. With my old setup I used the LCD for general Windows and the CRT for games and movies. The 2707 seems to excel with all of these tasks so I’m happy to say goodbye to the old setup.

It handles lower non-native resolutions very well and the 1:1, fill and aspect modes work very well with older games that don’t support widescreen res. I have an ATi graphics card so I was worried the lack of fixed aspect ratio options in the drivers would be a problem but it handles it well.

I have played a good mix of games over the weekend and can’t find anything to complain about so far. FPS don’t show any input lag and ghosting and smearing haven’t shown up under normal gaming. The colours are exceptional, bright and vivid. I think this is one of the stand out points compared to the dull 6bit Samsung and my aging CRT. The screen is alive and I find myself staring in awe at my desktop backgrounds that I have been looking at for months before.

Sorry if I have been gushing but so far, I really couldn’t be happier. I know there is no HDMI port, and no support for 1080p over component which is a shame. But overall this monitor really is the mutts nuts.

Does anyone have any professionally calibrated settings from one of those robots? Apparently the settings are a bit crazy out of the box when you buy the 2707, and as my non-tech friend just bought one, it would be tremendous if I could give him some recommendations of decent settings from you guys.

Thanks.

Got my 2707 yesterday. Here' my mini-non-scientific review. It has zero dead pixels, great even backlighting, and no discernible lag. First thoughts, like others mentioned, is that's it's quite large, bigger than I expected but not overbearing. The shipping box is massive, looks like Dell is sending you a 2U server or something.

I played some BF2 on it and it looked great. Colors were pretty decent out of the box, but will be even better when I calibrate it this weekend with my Spyder2Express.

I have it on my Ikea Jerker (the long flat one without shelves) and it's the perfect distance away. Icons are not blurred or oversized at all. I got a revision A01 (which allegedly doesnt exist, but here I am with one).

All in all, it was an awesome monitor at an awesome price on Ebay. Brand new, unopened, with full transferable warranty. Can't beat that :).

Yeah Dell is claiming that they released a few A01 versions by mistake, but they said they'd taken care of it a few weeks back, so I'm starting to get suspicious. They are starting to crop up in lots of places...

hi,

I hv a question, what are the chances of the lcd giving way, assuming u get a good unit to start with, ie non of the usual probs of dead pixels, broken buttons etc

thx

hey guys,

I just unpacked my monitor. It's revision a01. How come it's not supposed to exist?

Also, can anyone recommend calibration settings? or host a calibration profile?

i also got A01, in Engineering Mode there is option call "SIC" and is set to "off", is it the same trick in Samsung 275T? if I enable it will it give me 1:3000 Contract ratio?

A00 user also have this option?

i also got A01, in Engineering Mode there is option call "SIC" and is set to "off", is it the same trick in Samsung 275T? if I enable it will it give me 1:3000 Contract ratio?

A00 user also have this option?

How do you turn on this mode?

1. turn off your LCD
2. press and hold "menu" and "+" together
3. turn on your LCD
4. when see your screen, release the "menu" and "+"
5. press once or twice "-" to bring up engineering menu

good luck

anyone try connect it to Wii through component? in first time it was successed but give me an unplayable flickering screen, few days later it just give me "no source input"...

i heard 2407 have component problem, is it the same?

Hi,

It seems that the Dell 2707WFP does not have any TCO or MPR certification. Is it true ? Can someone please confirm ?

I just received a 2707 (from Dell in the US) where the panel looks like it wasn't installed square inside of the brushed alum frame.

This photoshopped image will give you an idea of what I'm talking about. Notice how the right top corner of the blue screen is lower than the left top corner):

monitorjt0.jpg

If you are a 2707 owner would you please check your screen and let us know if the panel is installed square or a bit skewed.

Thanks!

PS - a similar issue as mentioned in this older thread:

http://www.dellcommunity.com/suppor...dim_monitor&message.id=83532&jump=true#M83532

So this type of tilted install of a panel is common? Bummer!

If I didn't know better, I'd think that you could adjust that with the controls in the menu (my older displays had the ability to move the display area like that, tilting, skewing, etc. etc.

I'm sure all of you are more tech savy in that regard, so I'll just believe that the manufacturer must've poorly installed the panel :)

I just received a 2707 (from Dell in the US) where the panel looks like it wasn't installed square inside of the brushed alum frame.

This photoshopped image will give you an idea of what I'm talking about. Notice how the right top corner of the blue screen is lower than the left top corner):

monitorjt0.jpg

If you are a 2707 owner would you please check your screen and let us know if the panel is installed square or a bit skewed.

Thanks!

http://www.dellcommunity.com/suppor...dim_monitor&message.id=83532&jump=true#M83532

I'll double-check when I get home from work tonight, although I havent noticed this yet from owning it for a few weeks. I'll look real close and let you know.

Nope, mine looks perfect. It's perfectly square. Mine is an a01 if that makes any difference.

monitorjt0.jpg

Thanks!

Simple solution: RMA for a new one!!

Yes, I may do this. However, I wanted to see how prevalent the problem is because our company is considering moving to the 2707 as the standard display.
Damn, a company that might use the 2707 as its standard display. You guys hiring? :p

I just checked my 2707 which I got back in Febuary of 2007. All four corners look square to me in relation to the frame.

Anyone working with a 2707 under fluorescent lights?

We have noticed increased eye strain which diminishes when the fluorescent lights are turned off. This isn't happening with any of the other LCD's we have. Strange...

Ditto on the input lag question.

Hurry, 'cuz I might need to cancel my 275T order ASAP!! :)

Well I don't notice any input lag on mine.

played CSS, ETQW

-then again I didn't notice any when I've had the gateway 24", Hyundai L90D+, Envision 17"...so I hope I answered your question :D

Thanks, Yang88she! I canceled my 275T order so I could do some more checking on this input lag issue. I suspect the lag is something I'd never notice, but I want to be sure before dropping nearly $1K on either the Samsung or 2707.

Back