Official: Diablo 3 is Coming!

Reading your post make me :( ;) Im trying to forget my Diablo past.

Post your links, if a mod doesn't like it, I'm sure you will get a warning.:D

not trying to cause problems!!

you know that my post is the truth, weither or not anyone likes it, hacks/bots/exploits help make the game fun and bring a different crowd to the table.

you know that my post is the truth, weither or not anyone likes it, hacks/bots/exploits help make the game fun and bring a different crowd to the table.

No...just no. :rolleyes:

Yea... hacks bring a bunch of douchebags to the table.

not trying to cause problems!!

I didn't communicate properly, I have no problem with that community. I took full advantage. It's just I dont want to game like that again, my life was spent in front of my crt, alot :D

No...just no. :rolleyes:

Yea... hacks bring a bunch of douchebags to the table.

I never said anything about the people it brought being 1337bestfriends-uber godlies@#$#@

I said it does bring more people to the table and gives the accomplished more to do!

I never said anything about the people it brought being 1337bestfriends-uber godlies@#$#@

I said it does bring more people to the table and gives the accomplished more to do!

It makes the accomplished have to work exponentially harder because the hackers flood the market with duped shit, grossly inflating the game economy.

I truly hope there are no dupers/cheaters/botters/whatever in Diablo 3. Really ruins the fun factor when us who play legit invest a lot of our time meanwhile some cheater barely has to do anything.

I should note that cheating on open is fine with me. Just keep it off closed.

It makes the accomplished have to work exponentially harder because the hackers flood the market with duped shit, grossly inflating the game economy.

Not if the accomplished follow along, if they dont, its there personal problem and they shouldn't complain.

In war if someone decides they want to use chemical warfare and the other side doesn't, well .... you get the point.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm sure you must be the minority that feels this way. I probably shouldn't say this, but stuff like this makes me wish there was a private server for people that share your views.

The rest of us are hoping for a "clean" battle.net rid of hackers, dupers, and their ilk.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm sure you must be the minority that feels this way. I probably shouldn't say this, but stuff like this makes me wish there was a private server for people that share your views.

The rest of us are hoping for a "clean" battle.net rid of hackers, dupers, and their ilk.

Agree to disagree yes.

Show me a legit source for me being the "minority". Maybe you should just play single player if you dont want to play with real life people because people arn't all perfect.

I would love a "clean" battle.net aswell, but it wont happen unless blizzard comes up with new anti-hacking methods that cant be stopped.

Without botting, the chance of acquiring a valor, windforce rune ect would be so low. Think about it, if no one used a bot, then you wouldnt have nearly as many items as you have/had in d2.

If you played .07 or even early .08 or before then you know what im talking about.

I hope dupes and botters have no place in D3 as well. If I never find the top item in the game so be it, but I'm sure I'll eventually find something decent and it will be much more rewarding.

Not if the accomplished follow along, if they dont, its there personal problem and they shouldn't complain.

In war if someone decides they want to use chemical warfare and the other side doesn't, well .... you get the point.

So your logic is that since everyone cheats , its ok to cheat as well? Not only that but that it should be made the norm?

It is not ok to cheat, nor is it ok to hack, dupe, exploit, or counterfeit. If you want to download a mod so that you can play D2 in 1280 x 1024 fine, go right ahead. If you want to code in a teleport hack so you can insta-kill anyone on your level then that isn't ok and the community has every right to complain.

Your complacency and laziness in combating exploiters has repercussions outside of Diablo 2 and spills over into other games and destroys the PC gaming community as a whole.

You justify your cheating as making the game more fun, well in multi-player it is more fun for you, not so fun for those who are legit players trying to make it on their skill alone. If you want to cheat and hack your game, go play single player and hack to your hearts content. On hardcore and ladder play you can take that no skill, counterfeiting, exploiting douchebag cheater and glorify him all you want. The fact remains that they don't have the skill to play without their mods and as such will remain wallowing in laziness and pathetic doldrums for their entire gaming lives.

I find it ironic that that guy probably wants to use hacks/bots in closed battle.net.

People like that should just be on their merry way...to open battle.net. Cheat/dupe/bot to your hearts content on that shit. No one cares on open. People care on closed because it does ruin the gameplay whether you see it as such or not.

I hope I don't see 40/15 duped sorta garbage like we used to see. Same with Iths.

So your logic is that since everyone cheats , its ok to cheat as well? Not only that but that it should be made the norm?

It is not ok to cheat, nor is it ok to hack, dupe, exploit, or counterfeit. If you want to download a mod so that you can play D2 in 1280 x 1024 fine, go right ahead. If you want to code in a teleport hack so you can insta-kill anyone on your level then that isn't ok and the community has every right to complain.

Your complacency and laziness in combating exploiters has repercussions outside of Diablo 2 and spills over into other games and destroys the PC gaming community as a whole.

You justify your cheating as making the game more fun, well in multi-player it is more fun for you, not so fun for those who are legit players trying to make it on their skill alone. If you want to cheat and hack your game, go play single player and hack to your hearts content. On hardcore and ladder play you can take that no skill, counterfeiting, exploiting douchebag cheater and glorify him all you want. The fact remains that they don't have the skill to play without their mods and as such will remain wallowing in laziness and pathetic doldrums for their entire gaming lives.

I think this sums it up quite well.

Without botting, the chance of acquiring a valor, windforce rune ect would be so low. Think about it, if no one used a bot, then you wouldnt have nearly as many items as you have/had in d2.

If you played .07 or even early .08 or before then you know what im talking about.

before the bots, you didn't NEED windforce or valor. its only because of the hacked items that overpowered elite items came into being. it used to be i could create a hell-worth zon using lycander's aim and twitchthroe. and it wasn't that the game was too easy, it was just that if you were smart, you could get through the game with skill, whereas now, if you can't find the runes for enigma, your non-sorc build sucks. if you don't have hoto and 10x lit charms you're way underpowered, and that's just in pvm b/c the monsters had to be buffed up against the items.

Please stop talking about this game already :rolleyes: It is vaporwear like Duke Nukem Forever, Blizzard only showed off a tech demo to quiet down the rabid fan base, this game won't ship anytime before Christmas 2010

Please stop talking about this game already :rolleyes: It is vaporwear like Duke Nukem Forever, Blizzard only showed off a tech demo to quiet down the rabid fan base, this game won't ship anytime before Christmas 2010

GTFO

The difference between the 2 companies? Blizzard ACTUALLY delivers.

Ehh maybe his point is that the game is so far away, and we have so little material from Blizz, it's pretty much a waste of time to be discussing it or predicting anything.
:)

Ehh maybe his point is that the game is so far away, and we have so little material from Blizz, it's pretty much a waste of time to be discussing it or predicting anything.
:)

Exactly, the game is at least 2+ years away, knowing Blizzard it is more like 3 years away still, so why even discuss the game now, a million things could change before release, and soon this thread will fade away...

Exactly, the game is at least 2+ years away, knowing Blizzard it is more like 3 years away still, so why even discuss the game now, a million things could change before release, and soon this thread will fade away...
Not really. The game engine is pretty much done, they just need to work out the bugs (to avoid those oh so well-known Diablo- and Diablo II-style problems) and continue with actual content.

If I had to guess, I'd say there is up to one more year of development. Shouldn't be any more than that unless they run into some severe issues.

Not really. The game engine is pretty much done, they just need to work out the bugs (to avoid those oh so well-known Diablo- and Diablo II-style problems) and continue with actual content.

If I had to guess, I'd say there is up to one more year of development. Shouldn't be any more than that unless they run into some severe issues.

So how long have you worked for Blizzard?

Game engine mechanics and graphics can change drastically within one year.

They said at one of the dev panels that the graphics and "art style" were already completed and wouldn't change. They were just 'fine tuning' char stats, quests, skills, etc.

What you see in the gameplay videos is what the game will look like.

They said at one of the dev panels that the graphics and "art style" were already completed and wouldn't change. They were just 'fine tuning' char stats, quests, skills, etc.

What you see in the gameplay videos is what the game will look like.

Blizzard usually takes fan input very seriously. They probably said that to give a general idea of the progress of the development. I don't see them ignoring an issue that is sparking such a heated internets war between hormonal die-hard fans.

Several months now. :rolleyes:

Hehe sorry for sounding like an ass. I'm just trying to emphasize (other that I'm an ass) that what developers tell the public and what they can actually accomplish behind the scenes are two very different things.

Blizzard usually takes fan input very seriously. They probably said that to give a general idea of the progress of the development. I don't see them ignoring an issue that is sparking such a heated internets war between hormonal die-hard fans.
Hit it right on. That is exactly what they do. If they think fans will react poorly, they'll even cancel an entire game (StarCraft: Ghost).

big thanks to the people who posted links to all the videos.

I am only worried when I see them change a necro and the skills they mention on the warrior in one way reminds me of the old warrior but instead of me saying nope I will just say wait and see what the other skills are.

overall I got the feeling of wowoblo

I PRAY NOT

Hehe sorry for sounding like an ass. I'm just trying to emphasize (other that I'm an ass) that what developers tell the public and what they can actually accomplish behind the scenes are two very different things.
No, no, I was just kidding. I was just wondering what your response would be, haha. :p

The Necro is my favorite character. :( I hope the Witch Doctor has a lot of summoning skills.

Might as well put this here...

The more that they talk about what they will be doing with this game the more I lose interest in it.
If they keep this up it serisouly sounds like it will end up like playing WoW on a server with only a handful of randoms to pug with, and a lot less content, albeit randomly arranged every time you load on a different character. If I wanted that in a game I'd just pick up a WoW sub and just grind away.

You know, I take this forum for granted. I just checked out the link to the diablo 3 fan forum a few posts up. I made it 5 posts in and couldn't stand it anymore, those guys ARE idiots. The very premise of the thread is stupid as well. Diablo 3 will not require a system upgrade, unless you are running a PC that can barely run Diablo 2. I'll wait for the system specs before I bet my life on that, but I will bet that my single core AMD 64 4000+ 2 gigs of RAM and Nvidia 8600GT will be able to run the game just fine.

PS: I know my system is bad, but it's stable as hell and I've yet to take interest in a game that needs more than what I have.

Yeah everyone is right it will be Starcraft 2 and WoW Expanison in 2010
and Diablo 3 in 2011, they will not put two Huge hits together like SC2 and Diablo 3 in one year..

Okay lets make this real simple SC 2 was announced in 2007, it will be out before 2010 is over most likely. If Starcraft 2 is released in 2010 then it was release three years after it was announced.

If Diablo 3 was announced in 2008 this would make it likely that Diablo 3 will be released in 2011.

Back