Official [H] Star Wars:The Old Republic Thread

i would take that statement seriously if it hadn't been said by fans of AION and FFXIV. launch will show you, but the next game's fanbase will repeat this bullshit all over again.

I went ahead and canceled my preorder as well... too much risk for the launch price. I expect it will go on sale within a month or two which then if the game is doing well and some friends are playing it or willing to pick it up, I will too.

That is unless I get into beta somehow soon and love it, lol.

Now I'm seeing about 54% force wielders and 46% gun toters (from a poll in the beta forums).

I'm surprised. I would argue that the average age of SWTOR players is higher than other MMOs, much like EVE.

Its an older franchise, fans come from a wider age range. I think the older players may realize that there is going to be a lot of force classes and are trying to mix it up. Plus the MMO genre is very well established, people realize that if you're a force user and there are lots of force users that force user gear is going to be a pain to acquire. Just a guess.

I’ve been in the beta for a couple of months now and I’ve got to say I’m digging it, world is very immersive, characters deeper than expected; and voice acting really lends to the world as a whole. I’m digging it so far and am happily awaiting full release and delivery of my CE.

I’ve been in the beta for a couple of months now and I’ve got to say I’m digging it, world is very immersive, characters deeper than expected; and voice acting really lends to the world as a whole. I’m digging it so far and am happily awaiting full release and delivery of my CE.

anyway you can get in me in beta? when is weekend invites going out? when are any invites going out? Invite a friend? Anythin? Come On MAN...:(

Willing to do Time Sharing Process on a Swtor Beta Key!

Willing to trade Path of Exile beta account!

anyway you can get in me in beta? when is weekend invites going out? when are any invites going out? Invite a friend? Anythin? Come On MAN...:(

Chill man.

Beta invites already went out for the week. I believe they went out yesterday, as evidenced on the official forums.

Chill man.

Beta invites already went out for the week. I believe they went out yesterday, as evidenced on the official forums.

Sir Why should I chill I've been signed up for beta for years, multiple years and Not a Peep from Bioware for admitting me..... I think I'm being pretty "chill" :(

Sir Why should I chill I've been signed up for beta for years, multiple years and Not a Peep from Bioware for admitting me..... I think I'm being pretty "chill" :(

There are people who have been signed up and active on the Bioware forums since 2008, who have yet to recieve any sort of invite (IE me).

So yeah, it could be worse :p

I'm surprised. I would argue that the average age of SWTOR players is higher than other MMOs, much like EVE.

Its an older franchise, fans come from a wider age range. I think the older players may realize that there is going to be a lot of force classes and are trying to mix it up. Plus the MMO genre is very well established, people realize that if you're a force user and there are lots of force users that force user gear is going to be a pain to acquire. Just a guess.

I did a quick statistic on that earlier: with a sample size of about 150 males and 15 females, the average age of male beta players was 33 and 34 for females.

Syntaxx, I'm currently playing on my friend's beta invite. If I get invited on my personal account, I'll certainly let you in on mine.

Thanks buddy, ive been begging for months...

YES if U hate BETA please please donate your account/key... I'm friendly and trustful i wont do anything naughty.

I was literally on the fence to give you one, but when I saw your post in the pc game prices where you told another [H] brother to QQ more in his well thought out thread I decided against it since pretty much all you've done is cry repeatedly about not getting invited to the beta. So QQ more

THATS ME TOO!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

lol temper tantrum much?

What you think because you have been signed up since 2008, that you should automatically get in?

I have been signed up since 2008, have my CE on preorder, and followed this game since it was announced...still no beta...

OMGZ!!! Bioware you bastards! *cries*

I was literally on the fence to give you one, but when I saw your post in the pc game prices where you told another [H] brother to QQ more in his well thought out thread I decided against it since pretty much all you've done is cry repeatedly about not getting invited to the beta. So QQ more

LOL You know I was kidding right in that thread? harsh. :(

Sorry for upsetting you.

lol temper tantrum much?

What you think because you have been signed up since 2008, that you should automatically get in?

I have been signed up since 2008, have my CE on preorder, and followed this game since it was announced...still no beta...

OMGZ!!! Bioware you bastards! *cries*

Yeah just venting brother.. :eek:

I will say in my defense I help out our [H] brothers, if you look up my previous threads. I've given out Path of Exile beta keys to people who wanted them when I had them so I'm willing to the help the community out so not sure why you guys giving me a hard time, I'm a nice guy I just get a lil excited and aggressive. My Bad. <3

Does this mean you have an extra key :p

bahahahaha oh god please no more begging :(

Can we keep the beta key begging to PM's or something?

i dont see why people beg for keys, since there ARE NO KEYS.

everything is tied to your Bioware/EA account

so unless you have multiple accounts set up just for getting beta access you wont have a spare account to just give someone so they can have beta access

you never get a beta key and never see a beta key.

when you get accepted you simply get an opt in or opt out option on the swtor.com/tester page and you accept and dl the client and login and play.

you have to give someone your EA account for them to be able to play the beta.

i dont see why people beg for keys, since there ARE NO KEYS.

everything is tied to your Bioware/EA account

so unless you have multiple accounts set up just for getting beta access you wont have a spare account to just give someone so they can have beta access

you never get a beta key and never see a beta key.

when you get accepted you simply get an opt in or opt out option on the swtor.com/tester page and you accept and dl the client and login and play.

you have to give someone your EA account for them to be able to play the beta.

I think the majority of us understand that there is no "key". What we're actually refering to is the forum account.

Lots of people on those forums have created dummy accounts that they'll never use, for the sole purpose of nabbing a beta invite. Since you don't need to have registered the game to be eligible for the beta, there are hundreds of these dummy accounts.

I think the majority of us understand that there is no "key". What we're actually refering to is the forum account.

Lots of people on those forums have created dummy accounts that they'll never use, for the sole purpose of nabbing a beta invite. Since you don't need to have registered the game to be eligible for the beta, there are hundreds of these dummy accounts.

that makes me wonder how many people submitted 10+ accounts/emails/fake names/etc to register for the beta...

that makes me wonder how many people submitted 10+ accounts/emails/fake names/etc to register for the beta...

Oh I'm betting tons.

It's neither been confirmed or denied how they decide who gets in. Most say it's random, others say it's how active you've been on the official forums and for how long.

Either way, i can wait patiently. While I'd love a key, I'm not desperate enough to create multiple accounts or beg for keys. :p

I just got an invite. Not sure yet if I am going to play. I will decide latee tonight and probably give it away on here.

The email says I am, only invited between the 7th and 10th. Whats the point to that?

Ahhhh the beta weekend invite.

Unfortunately, it's just limited to that set date. But you do have a greater chance of being re-invited in the future.

According to the Beta FAQ, if you decline the invite you'll just be put back into the pool of people waiting to get invited. So you may as well dive in for the hell of it, yeah?

Back