Official [H] Star Wars:The Old Republic Thread

I didn't mean that as rude as it sounded. Wasn't trying to be curt, just early morning posting before work and was trying to be expedient. I actually just came back to edit the post but you caught it. Sorry for the tone.

You can use any modification more than once, ctrl+right clicking on the item and then dragging it out from it's slot to your bag removes it, you don't have to put something over it and destroy. If you remove it though it costs money, not a whole lot though.

I mean, how do you use it on two sabers? There's only one of them, but I saw a guy with two sabers that had both of that color.

I didn't mean that as rude as it sounded. Wasn't trying to be curt, just early morning posting before work and was trying to be expedient. I actually just came back to edit the post but you caught it. Sorry for the tone.

I figured :p

I'm at work posting. Not to mention i just recieved my access Email a few minutes ago. This is gonna be a long day.

I mean, how do you use it on two sabers? There's only one of them, but I saw a guy with two sabers that had both of that color.

There is a vendor after the first planet that has them for sale if your able to buy.

Also on the dual spec there isn't any atm.

I believe Origin is having issues right now as well. Have you tried their online support?

I tried online support two weeks ago but they couldn't help.. In order to get your account set I need to call them. :( I keep trying

hmm...weird...guess I could have answered it, and forgotten the answer...
Let me assure you, you didn't answer that question... I never did either and it asked me for my favorite activity, i was like wtf?
my friend was in this same exact situation, he never answered that particular question either and when he was done, the site asked him for his favorite activity... he was like wtf?

he called, they fixed it for him couple of weeks ago and now he's playing the game... I didn't call (well I did call, posted about it) and I'm not playing the game.. now that I'm trying to call them, I can't get through...

..and to top it all of i got my early access last night *icry*

i've played guild wars which was great, WOW which was boring, and recently rift which was boring too.

Does this MMO have a compelling storyline? variety in game world and less repetetive quests where you have to go to point A and kill x amount of enemies to complete a quest, collect reward and accept a new quest going to Point B and rinse and repeat?

bump. anyone?

Well, the quests are pretty straightforward, there are some of your usual "kill x" quests, however many missions tht are storybased only have the "kill x number" as a bonus, so you don't have to do that if you dont' want.

Going through the fEssessence spaceship group quest was a blast, the cutscenes/dialogue really help bring the story to the forefront of the game rather then having it be "window dressing" for mundane quests.

I find most quests to be compelling, aside from a few of the side quests that can indeed go toward the more generic "kill x" type.

Well, the quests are pretty straightforward, there are some of your usual "kill x" quests, however many missions tht are storybased only have the "kill x number" as a bonus, so you don't have to do that if you dont' want.

Going through the fEssessence spaceship group quest was a blast, the cutscenes/dialogue really help bring the story to the forefront of the game rather then having it be "window dressing" for mundane quests.

I find most quests to be compelling, aside from a few of the side quests that can indeed go toward the more generic "kill x" type.

I have to agree.

I just got my early access to SWTOR but will not be able to play until abour 4pm EST.

Is there a [H] guild I can join? Who do I need to see about that?

Thanks

The alliance guild is on The Fatman server. HardGaming. Bowhuntr is the guild leader. (not sure about the spelling). You can also send an email in game to me (Kelby) and I can forward it on.

I am not too sure about the Sith guild. There is another thread regarding the formation of a Sith guild but I have not read it in awhile.

Amazon posted a clarification regarding shipping for anyone who pre-ordered through them

Link

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I get a crazy amount of coil whine coming from my PSU while playing this. It is VERY annoying.

looks like i wont be playing for a while lol... damn me for not redeeming my pre-order code untill dec 8th :|

ok, crafting wise can someone explain why making a Might Hilt 2, it's WORSe then a might hilt 1? (which the lightsabers I have come default with).

Makes no sense.....

So... I think my job sucks. I feel this way because I am sitting at work, watching the clock tick by till 5:30 so I can go home and play Star Wars. This would be different if I was working as a bartender at a strip club. I probably would not play video games. I would just mostly worry about catching herpes from strippers and spending all my time at work. Until I land that job, Star Wars it is. tick... tock... tick... tock....

Or what about me....

My job sucks...I am at work right now...logging into swtor....and about to play for a couple hours... :p

So... I think my job sucks. I feel this way because I am sitting at work, watching the clock tick by till 5:30 so I can go home and play Star Wars. This would be different if I was working as a bartender at a strip club. I probably would not play video games. I would just mostly worry about catching herpes from strippers and spending all my time at work. Until I land that job, Star Wars it is. tick... tock... tick... tock....

No worries, we'll keep the server warm for ya.

3D Vision not working :/... buggy screen, problems with properly showing 3D objects.

Meh, I was thinking Bioware realised is 2012, and this is no console game. Seriously... no 3D support, no antialiasing. Even WoW has those features, and it's kinda outdated technically :p

UPDATE: 3D Vision works, after few tweaks - you have to set the depth of view on minimum
Also this game so damn rocks... playing Sith inquisitor at the moment, and it's just perfectly as anyone could imagine Sith academy - plotting, treason, removing your opponents. As would Megamind say "It's good to be bad" I said "I'll play only for 10 minutes to see what's going on, now, after 2,5 hours my eyes are finally closing :p Also people on RP server are nice, helpful and it's good bunch of people there

As far as PvE is concerned, it's great stuff. Now I wonder what end game holds

Last edited:
We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on July 21, 2011. The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

"Star Wars: The Old Republic"
Previous estimated arrival date: December 20, 2011
New estimated arrival date: December 16, 2011

In tomorrow according to the forum update! See you guys then!

woot, my local eb games called me this morning to inform me that the Collectors edition has just come in and I will be able to pick it up 8:00am on tuesday. Went in to put down my last $60 owing on it and they were all sitting right there behind the counter. Guy said they got exactly enough to cover thier pre-orders, no extras so im happy i got my pre-order in (they only took em for 5 hours one mornign and they were sold out lol)

My GTX 470 reached 108 degrees during the dialogue scenes :eek: Gonna have to take it out and remove the shroud before I wind up with dustbunny stew :D

Everyone playing Republic on The Fatman server should message Bowhuntr for a guild invite.

There are 13 of us so far.

Back