Official [H] Star Wars:The Old Republic Thread

Well they already kissed so i'm not sure what you're talking about. Also my Empire bounty hunter is a female toon and made out with a quest giver (female) toon during a dialogue session. lol!

Bioware said same-sex romance wasn't possible but would be added later.

Well they already kissed so i'm not sure what you're talking about. Also my Empire bounty hunter is a female toon and made out with a quest giver (female) toon during a dialogue session. lol!

Really? I'm surprised by this if true.

Bioware said same-sex romance wasn't possible but would be added later.

It wouldn't be Bioware without it! ;)

Yeha BioWare likes to do that sort of thing but being a Star Wars license, I don't see it happening.

Jennifer Hale is the voice actress who plays her. She is also the voice of Bastila Shan from KOTOR 1 and has a brief cameo in the second game. Though she did that voice with an english accent but it's her. The chick that voices Vette also voices Padme in the Clone Wars TV series and voiced Mission Vao in KOTOR 1. She's also voiced like 7 other Twi-Lek females over the years on various occasions.

I'm really good about identifying voice actors. :D

All voice actors are also listed on imdb.com

Same sex romances weren't in upon release and I don't recall them mentioning it being added in any of the patch notes, so it sounds as if they stealth added it in at some point... unless these are VERY isolated incidents. I had hit 50 on my sith sorc just shortly after the game "officially" launched and never had any of those options, either with random npcs or companions.

My wife finally said OK and let me get the game. Just made a level 5 sith with my old guild from DAOC (KoS). I'm liking the dark side story line a TON more than the smuggler one I played in beta. I decided to play the game like KOTR, and be casual with it and not play it like an mmo. I think this way will work out the best so I can stop playing whenever and give my wife the attention she deserves when she needs it ^_^

My wife finally said OK and let me get the game. Just made a level 5 sith with my old guild from DAOC (KoS). I'm liking the dark side story line a TON more than the smuggler one I played in beta. I decided to play the game like KOTR, and be casual with it and not play it like an mmo. I think this way will work out the best so I can stop playing whenever and give my wife the attention she deserves when she needs it ^_^

Inb4 this backfiring and you being a hardcore raider skipping work to get epic loot. :D

I will not be pleased until I can romance my wookie.

Fucking piggy back rides erreday

I'm really hoping they don't catch onto the fact that every character name I have has "Jew" or "Hebrew" in it :p I'd hate to have to name change...

EDIT: At least if they do make me name change I can always revert to using names from CATS :p

This.

Also, I want Jawa's as a playable race.

Jawa Jedi would soooooo rule. ;)

:D

jedijawa.jpg

Last edited:
Big discussion in the official forums regarding the vendor credit exploit.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=138394

Personally I don't see the point. It's so fracking easy to make credits my level 31 is swimming in almost 1.5mil

How the hell do you have that much money? Did you have slicing before it got nerfed? I've never had more than about 80,000 credits at a time and once I bought my traning for my recent level up I'd have half that or less.

How the hell do you have that much money? Did you have slicing before it got nerfed? I've never had more than about 80,000 credits at a time and once I bought my traning for my recent level up I'd have half that or less.

I've kept atleast 200,000 credits on me at all times, all the way up to level 50. I didn't have slicing. Rather I sold my created mods, mats, and purples i couldn't use on the Trade Network.

Work the market man ;)

Big discussion in the official forums regarding the vendor credit exploit.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=138394

Personally I don't see the point. It's so fracking easy to make credits my level 31 is swimming in almost 1.5mil

Yes, credits are essentially useless and to be honest I don't see there being a huge economy either. Nothing is actually worth buying or selling in the game.

BUT, cheaters SHOULD be punished and the dirty money needs to be removed.

Also people are overlooking the commendations duping.. that was quite a problem as well.

Same here. I'm usually between 40,000 - 80,000. Sometimes I'll blow my wad on all new gear and end up around 5,000. I have a real hard time earning a ton of credits like other people. My stuff never sells on the GTN.

Same here. I'm usually between 40,000 - 80,000. Sometimes I'll blow my wad on all new gear and end up around 5,000. I have a real hard time earning a ton of credits like other people. My stuff never sells on the GTN.

But gear is essentially useless with mods in the game, excluding weapons. So essentially, if you own armor from your early 30's, and have 3 slots on them, all you have to buy the rest of the game are mods. Which makes cybertech essential.

It's a drag, i remember the devs saying you'd get upgraded armor throughout the game, when the truth is you're just getting upgraded MODS on the armor. Not to mention a LOT of the armor looks exactly the same, just a different color. Which explains why they took out color matching at launch.

But gear is essentially useless with mods in the game, excluding weapons. So essentially, if you own armor from your early 30's, and have 3 slots on them, all you have to buy the rest of the game are mods. Which makes cybertech essential.

It's a drag, i remember the devs saying you'd get upgraded armor throughout the game, when the truth is you're just getting upgraded MODS on the armor. Not to mention a LOT of the armor looks exactly the same, just a different color. Which explains why they took out color matching at launch.

You can always get better armor with higher base stats and 3 slots, can't you?

You can always get better armor with higher base stats and 3 slots, can't you?

YES. I've seen very similar armor with base stats which were more than 100 points of armor higher than another of similar style and classification. To say that you can basically keep the same armor through out the whole game isn't entirely accurate. Well I guess you could, but it wouldn't be a good idea. Not all orange gear is equal. Some of it has better base stats than others.

In my 20 person guild there are 2 people with over 1 million credits, they both have slicing.

The other 18(myself included) hover around 200k and do not have slicing.

Slicing may still be more beneficial than people think. Personally, I believe that it is due to every other tradeskill being a money sink in which you reverse engineer into a further sink rather than selling for the potential self benefits. Slicing is nothing but a net gain per 10 jobs, with bonuses (mission returns.) Not to mention the world credit boxes pulling in quest reward credit amounts. Still too good a trade, in my humble opinion.

On the topic of gear, when leveling it is ideal to have two or three orange pieces at best. Any more than that and you won't be able to keep up with the modification updates. As a synthweaver I actively put up green items for 2995-4995 and blue items for 7995-9995 on the GTN. They move fairly quickly at that price and on average out stat the orange equivelants for the level range. Purple items far outweigh orange items in the same level range.

edit: Orange gear, in almost 100% of cases, has no stats when mods are removed. Only Purple slotted gear does due to one "slot" being hard locked and only 2 are modifiable.

Last edited:

Pre-nerf slicing, diplomacy, PVP, and putting orange BOEs in the GTN instead of using them. I'm still using my lvl 21 orange, just keep using planetary commendations to upgrade slots. Until I can't solo a con elite I will just keep upgrading. Maybe when I reach 50 and start doing hard mode I'll eventually blow my credits on gear.

In my 20 person guild there are 2 people with over 1 million credits, they both have slicing.

The other 18(myself included) hover around 200k and do not have slicing.

Slicing may still be more beneficial than people think. Personally, I believe that it is due to every other tradeskill being a money sink in which you reverse engineer into a further sink rather than selling for the potential self benefits. Slicing is nothing but a net gain per 10 jobs, with bonuses (mission returns.) Not to mention the world credit boxes pulling in quest reward credit amounts. Still too good a trade, in my humble opinion.

On the topic of gear, when leveling it is ideal to have two or three orange pieces at best. Any more than that and you won't be able to keep up with the modification updates. As a synthweaver I actively put up green items for 2995-4995 and blue items for 7995-9995 on the GTN. They move fairly quickly at that price and on average out stat the orange equivelants for the level range. Purple items far outweigh orange items in the same level range.

edit: Orange gear, in almost 100% of cases, has no stats when mods are removed. Only Purple slotted gear does due to one "slot" being hard locked and only 2 are modifiable.

I think your right. My level 16 smuggler has never really wanted for cash. I've got 20,000+ credits already. I've never had that much on hand for very long with any other character.

are companions bugged or something?

is there some sort of "mode" that makes them run around and kill anything attackable?

why the fuck does this dumb fuck keep doing this? I keep hitting passive but the motherfucker just runs off and tries to hit shit

are companions bugged or something?

is there some sort of "mode" that makes them run around and kill anything attackable?

why the fuck does this dumb fuck keep doing this? I keep hitting passive but the motherfucker just runs off and tries to hit shit

Make sure when you click on passive that it sticks (the little slot in the icon is green)

I think your right. My level 16 smuggler has never really wanted for cash. I've got 20,000+ credits already. I've never had that much on hand for very long with any other character.

How high have you levelled other characters?

Once you get into the 30s, training starts to cost upwards of 30,000 per level. Granted you don't NEED every ability right away, but yeah... it starts sucking a lot of credits.

Personally I haven't had more than about 80,000 at one time. In order to move along the crafting skills (and actually getting something out of it to use while levelling for example), it really takes a ton of money. Sure you can make cheap greens but if you want to have a purple it gets insane. I think I spent around 25,000 in missions just to be able to get to a purple Skill Armoring 15, which I'll probably end up throwing away in 2 or 3 levels.

Actually that's another thing with the crafting system that I don't like. It's very difficult to keep track of just how much a specific item is REALLY costing you to make, since you might be using 2 different tradeskills collecting 4 different types of items to make it, as well as losing a lot of the mats after reverse engineering. That makes it hard to know what to charge on the GTM for an item. For example I bought a purple level 30 barrel on the GTM for 8k which is probably barely breaking even for the crafter. Once you have the recipe the cost goes down a lot but getting the right "high end" mats for the better items takes foreevvvveeeerrr.

edit: Here's another thing that bugs me. One of the easy ways to get credits is PvP and space mission dailies, but they give you a ton of XP so you quickly outlevel whatever planet you were working on. You also outlevel the flashpoints quickly if you don't specifically stop your progress to try them out before they become useless.

Last edited:
Back