Official Nvidia 175.16 WHQL Drivers are up ......

honestjohn

Gawd
I'm using 175.12 Betas which are working well for me, guess I'll go with the official 175.16 ones now. Here are some links for your download pleasure ....

Official 175.16 WHQL Drivers ....

XP-32-bit

XP-64-bit

Vista-32-bit

Vista-64-bit

Release Highlights

WHQL Certified for Windows Vista
Supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, and 9 series GPUs including these newly released GPUs:
GeForce 9800 GX2
GeForce 9800 GTX
GeForce 9600 GT
GeForce 9600 GSO
GeForce 8300
GeForce 8200/ nForce 730a
GeForce 8100/nForce 720a
Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI™ technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including Quad SLI technology with GeForce 9800 GX2 and 3-way SLI Technology with GeForce 9800 GTX.
Supports Hybrid SLI technology to turbo-charge graphics performance and enjoy intelligent power management on the following motherboards:
nForce 780a SLI
nForce 750a SLI
nForce 730a
nForce 720a
GeForce 8300
GeForce 8200
GeForce 8100
Supports GeForce Boost, a Hybrid SLI Technology, on the following GPUs:
GeForce 8500 GT
GeForce 8400 GS
Supports HybridPower, a Hybrid SLI Technology, on the following GPUs:
GeForce 9800 GX2
GeForce 9800 GTX
Adds support for NVIDIA GeForce 3D Stereo Technology
Adds new PureVideo HD features for GeForce 9800 GX2, 9800 GTX, 9600 GT and 9600 GSO:
Dynamic Contrast Enhancement
Dynamic Blue, Green & Skin Tone Enhancements
Dual-Stream Decode Acceleration*
Microsoft Vista Aero display mode compatibility for Blu-ray & HD DVD playback*
Added the following pages to the NVIDIA Control Panel:
Manage Custom Resolutions
Adjust Television Color Settings
Adjust Screen Size and Position
Move CRT Position
Improved performance on many DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL applications.
Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring is available by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.

Full Release Notes XP .....

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/175.16/175.16_WinXP_GeForce_Release_Notes.pdf

Full Release Notes - Vista ....

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/175.16/175.16_WinVista_GeForce_Release_Notes.pdf

Nvidia Control Panel Quick Start Guide ....

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/175.16/175.16_NVIDIA_Control_Panel_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf

Wow. That only took 5 months.

Never again nvidia, never again... and I don't care if your card is twice is fast.

you could link to the download page next time.. instead of the direct download, as people like to read about what changes where since you didnt say anything about it.. but thanks anyways.

you could link to the download page next time.. instead of the direct download, as people like to read about what changes where since you didnt say anything about it.. but thanks anyways.

Your very welcome and please let me know if I missed anything else... :cool:

I am running the previous WHQL drivers for Vista 64. Do we still need to uninstall the previous driver prior to a new revision installation (like I do for XP)?

I am running the previous WHQL drivers for Vista 64. Do we still need to uninstall the previous driver prior to a new revision installation (like I do for XP)?

I have never done that in either Vista or XP, no problems.

installed it, ran 3dmark06 and drop my score to 9600+ from 12500+ .... than sux balls..

Something doesn't sound right about that. What version are you coming from? Have you tried benchmarking real games to see if you notice a performance dip? I've run this driver set since the betas were released on nVidia's site and they rock. The only issue I've seen in any game (CoD4,GoW,Crysis,FEAR,DiRT,Call of Jaurez, BioShock,UT3,HL2 just to name the main ones) a revolves around anti-aliasing. Some games experience so MAJOR choppiness when I run at 4AA settings. Going to 2AA or turning it off solves the problem. I'm not talking slow FPS, things like sound stuttering, that type of thing.

I think there may be a BIOS issue involved as Asus hasn't released a production BIOS is quite some time but at 1920x1200 its not that big of a deal with these old eyes anyway.

With these installed, Remote Desktop absolutely refuses to work. Generates the following System Log message:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 5/13/2008
Time: 9:22:39 PM
User: N/A
Computer: xxx
Description:
Application popup: : \SystemRoot\System32\RDPDD.dll failed to load

This is on (two straight) fresh installs of XP SP1 Corporate with SP3 slipstreamed onto the disc. Nothing much else installed, just basic apps.

Athlon X2 3800+
Biostar TForce-939 Geforce 6100 MB
2GB DDR-400
8800GT 512

This happens with the beta and WHQL 175.16 drivers. 169 works fine.

If anyone has anyone tried it with XP SP2 (32bit) - please post. If so, what method did you use to install. Also if you have had a chance to run 3DMark06 as well and how it compared to the older driver.

Take it for what is worth it, I use WinXP (32bit) SP2, as for the rest you can look up my sig... For time being I'll be using Xtreme-G 175.63 modified beta drivers, unless I run into problems ;)

The way I do my uninstalls is this:
- uninstall driver,
- reboot,
- run driver sweeper,
- reboot,
- install new driver,
- reboot,
- run benchmarks..

Xtreme-G 174.93 744/1832/950
SM2.0 Score 5575
HDR/SM3.0 Score 5752
GT1 - Return To Proxycon 45.629 FPS
GT2 - Firefly Forest 47.286 FPS
HDR1 - Canyon Flight 56.618 FPS
HDR2 - Deep Freeze 58.417 FPS
Run #1- DX9 1680x1050 AA=2x, 32 bit test, Quality: High ~~ Overall Average FPS: 27.75

nVidia WHQL 175.16 744/1832/950
SM2.0 Score 5562
HDR/SM3.0 Score 5753
GT1 - Return To Proxycon 45.602 FPS
GT2 - Firefly Forest 47.106 FPS
HDR1 - Canyon Flight 56.717 FPS
HDR2 - Deep Freeze 58.352 FPS
Run #1- DX9 1680x1050 AA=2x, 32 bit test, Quality: High ~~ Overall Average FPS: 27.73

Xtreme-G 175.63 744/1832/950
SM2.0 Score 5568
HDR/SM3.0 Score 5781
GT1 - Return To Proxycon 45.552 FPS
GT2 - Firefly Forest 47.251 FPS
HDR1 - Canyon Flight 57.028 FPS
HDR2 - Deep Freeze 58.584 FPS
Run #1- DX9 1680x1050 AA=2x, 32 bit test, Quality: High ~~ Overall Average FPS: 27.91

Nvidia openly releases their beta drivers. So why complain about their 'official' release dates. It's not like their beta drivers are buggy, they are just unfinished. As long as they have the fixes for games you want, use them.

Thanks, it took NVIDIA like 5 months to finally release their drivers that support the previous generations. Better late than never I guess.

Something doesn't sound right about that. What version are you coming from? Have you tried benchmarking real games to see if you notice a performance dip? I've run this driver set since the betas were released on nVidia's site and they rock. The only issue I've seen in any game (CoD4,GoW,Crysis,FEAR,DiRT,Call of Jaurez, BioShock,UT3,HL2 just to name the main ones) a revolves around anti-aliasing. Some games experience so MAJOR choppiness when I run at 4AA settings. Going to 2AA or turning it off solves the problem. I'm not talking slow FPS, things like sound stuttering, that type of thing.

I think there may be a BIOS issue involved as Asus hasn't released a production BIOS is quite some time but at 1920x1200 its not that big of a deal with these old eyes anyway.

did a benchmark on World in Conflict everything set on high 1680x1050 and average was 23fps and max to 60fps. ran crysis everything set high except aa off and i was getting in the low 30s fps. also ran CoD4 set high and i was getting 60fps. i don't really care much about 3dmark i was just wondering why it drop after updating my drivers.. all in all i'm just happy i can still play Counter Strike: Source.. :D

Nvidia openly releases their beta drivers. So why complain about their 'official' release dates. It's not like their beta drivers are buggy, they are just unfinished. As long as they have the fixes for games you want, use them.

I tried the latest beta driver on nvidia's website a few weeks ago, and it was quite buggy. Caused several games to crash to desktop.

I quit using these drivers tonight. While they were in BETA I would get black backgrounds behind my icons on my desktop and taskbar. WHQL does the same shit.

Back to 169.21

Running a 8800gts 320meg...games seem to run a bit better, way less stutter in my games running at high than other drivers.

Been running these since release day on my eVGA 8800GT Superclocked with no issues (yet). :p

These drivers are absolutely terrible for me. They caused hard crashes and reboots, after rebooting Vista reads somethign like "You've recovered from a serious error, click here to see the error report", flashes up a screen saying something about the nVidia drivers. I went back to the old ones.

I'm having an issue with remote desktop as well... I can't remote into my machine anymore after installing these drivers. It just exits me out of remote desktop immediately after I put my password in.

I'm having an issue with remote desktop as well... I can't remote into my machine anymore after installing these drivers. It just exits me out of remote desktop immediately after I put my password in.

Yup, and you'll see an "Application Popup" message in your System event log containing an "RDPDD.dll failed to load" note.

Only answer seems to be to go back to 169.21.

You on XP SP3?

CS:source has horizontal split/tearing. didnt' have it before new driver. tried turning on V-sync.. same thing.. this driver is crap on Vista64 with 8800GT for me

Yup, and you'll see an "Application Popup" message in your System event log containing an "RDPDD.dll failed to load" note.

Only answer seems to be to go back to 169.21.

You on XP SP3?

FWIW I updated to 175.19 today and experienced the same issue with remote desktop on XP Pro SP3. I reverted back to 169.44 and everything is back to normal.

There is a fix available for the Remote Desktop problem:

You can fix this bug by increasing the size of the session image space via a registry key. Add the following key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]

"SessionImageSize"=dword:00000020

0x20 == 32 MB works on my system anyway.

Credit goes to bandom rastard at the nVidia forums.
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=67147&hl=remote desktop&st=60

Back