OK water cooled but now to OC higher

R!P13y

Limp Gawd
Ok I have got water cooling for the second time in my life now and would like to OC the 3.2c I have to its max without killing it... ;)

So can someone help me with setting and everything I should be setting in bios for my Abit Ic7-G and 3.2c, sig says it all, I have it at 3.8 right now and I have had it running and playing games and folding and benchmarking, so I would like to get it higher like 4Ghz, I am so close i just want to see 4Ghz so bad on my rig, but when i go 4 Ghz it is way not stable and sucks out and crashes...Thanks to anyone that can help me

Pump up the voltage!!!!

Run Memtest at 4Ghz and see if you're getting errors there....might be memory, or you could just need more Vcore.

[Tripod]MajorPayne said:
Pump up the voltage!!!!

Run Memtest at 4Ghz and see if you're getting errors there....might be memory, or you could just need more Vcore.

How high though? what is my max?

What do you have it at now? Vcore, memcore, agp voltage? a-a-a-d-d mean anything to you? Not trying to insult, just curious to what your settings are.

edit- checked out your rig, looks nice, lava lamp gave me an idea, hmmm a functioning lava lamp that was used as a reservoir... Hmmmm how to make that work..... Oh and try the jalapeno seeds, they are better!

jagzzzzzz said:
What do you have it at now? Vcore, memcore, agp voltage? a-a-a-d-d mean anything to you? Not trying to insult, just curious to what your settings are.

edit- checked out your rig, looks nice, lava lamp gave me an idea, hmmm a functioning lava lamp that was used as a reservoir... Hmmmm how to make that work..... Oh and try the jalapeno seeds, they are better!

yeah i have a bag right next to the BBQ lol and ranch but those gross... this work for you
Oh%20yeah%203.8ghz.JPG

Agreed, the voltage on cpu is kinda high, however his temps look to be in check. What kind of wc setup do you have. Do you know the setup in the bios where you set your mem to a-a-a-d-d? They are all options somewhere in your bios mem options. Has options like auto-f1-turbo-disable. Try the a-a-a-d-d from top to bottom and see how it does you. Also I think your mem could take a little more voltage as well, but you are up there on your cpu, just watch your temps!

Thanks guys i am trying everything now and i dont think it will go any farth then 3.8 :( but i will go for more if some one has a solid something for me to try...thanks again... and you can see my sig and pics of my WCing system

Back