Ok what case is this?

vjcsmoke

Supreme [H]ardness
Case-mkII-EVGA-x2CPU.jpg

It makes me drool as configured, but I don't know where to find it. Can we buy this yet? Room for a quad rad up top and triple rad on bottom. I think I'm in lurve. :)

this does not an exist as far as I know. It is a render of a case someone had planned to get made, don't think they ever got around to it.

But it's so sexy! It looked real to me too. Nobody is making this case??

The guy who originally posted the render in the OP had several different designs he linked (all the designs were in a single thread IIRC). The post date was probably in late 2009. I remember quite clearly a lot of people giving him crap over the case using too many fans. Complaints included the high cost of purchasing so many fans, as well as the assumption that such a large quantity of fans would automatically = loud case. Kinda silly IMO, because with so many fans all over the place, the owner of such a case could just run them all at 5-7volts and noise shouldn't be much of an issue.

AFAIK, all that ever came of his thread was renders. Never saw any of those designs pop up again on da [H] nor Bit-tech. Happens all the time.

xvegan and coconutboy are spot on. The case, as far as I know, hasn't been created yet. It started as a fun render by a member over at XtremeSystems and it blossomed into a ton of users asking if it would ever get made. Last I checked he was in the process of getting it created. Not sure if it ever happened.

That thing is awesome. The final pics look pretty real. I'd buy it if it ever was made.

Designer has some mean 3D skills. Curious if he did the grunt work in Sketchup and rendered in something else, looks dam good tho.

To the OP, if you want something like that either build a frame and case from scratch or go with a close design such as Lian Lia or Cooler Master.

Goodluck

funny how these cases are always shown (even if rendered which it looks like) without the power cables installed so they look much cleaner than when we build it and were like wtf lol

does look good but in recent years ive started scaling back to mid towers and single GPU, have other things to spend monies on :)

Back