Old games you would like to see remade.

EricDawg said:
Forget the modern weapons. Allies vs. Axis, Shermans, Tigers, P-51's, B-17's.... doesn't get any better than that... well maybe some better graphics and updated physics like you said.

Since you asked.

I am the complete opposite. F* the WWII crap. Its lame and old. I am about tired of all teh damn WWII shooters. Give it a rest.

What I'd like to see is a remake of a game from the mid 90's called BIO-Forge. It was sweet back in the day.

I also would love to see some FPS versions of Crusader No Remorse and Crusader No Regret.

Sir-Fragalot said:
I am the complete opposite. F* the WWII crap. Its lame and old. I am about tired of all teh damn WWII shooters. Give it a rest.

What I'd like to see is a remake of a game from the mid 90's called BIO-Forge. It was sweet back in the day.

I also would love to see some FPS versions of Crusader No Remorse and Crusader No Regret.
what i want is a world war one game...wouldnt that be tight

I've also thought they should remake the Dark Forces series. Hell I wouldn't mind them remaking Dark Forces One and Two, plus maybe Jedi Outcast. Academy probably isn't worth remaking, but wouldn't be bad if they did.

Lets not forget, we need a new Descent, new X-Wing, New X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter or some other game with awesome space combat. If they would do that, I'd actually have a reason to buy a joystick.

An X vs Tie remake would kick ass if they had single player campaigns up to the original X-Wing and Tie Fighter. Co-op and teamplay on the X vs Tie would put it over the top.

Asian Dub Foundation said:
there were animated cutscenes and Full motion Videos

besides you can skip ahead through the dialogue just like any previous FF if im not mistaken

for me, the talking just brought more depth to the story...

the 2nd time through X i made sure i talked to EVERYBODY lol

There were no animated Cut scenes.

There were prerendered CGI fullmotion videos.

God damn, Do people who comment even PLAY the damn games?

Chalk up another vote for Privateer. Privateer 2 was ok, but it didn't have the charm or as good of gameplay as Privateer/RF. There is a "homebrew" Privateer remake out there. I'd like to see what these guys could do with commercial backing:
http://wcuniverse.sourceforge.net/

Chalk up another vote for Crusader: No Remorse/No Regret also. Same story, same Silencer, same weapons, same interactive environment (i.e. being able to blow just about everything up) but in FPS format.

Heretic/Hexen on the Doom 3 engine.

Strike Commander

Recoil done as an MMO game

Shadowrun
Final Fantasy 2&3 (US version)
Goldeneye
Super Metriod (not in FPS)
Secret of Mana

The complete ultima series.
the TES series, Arena, daggerfall, even reguard (even though most people don't count it, I loved it).
Lands of lore I/II
Monkey Island
Day of the tentacle
Full throttle
Prince of persia (keep it a side scroller and with the similar style of the first ones, not the new 3d ones - SOT/WW/etc.)
Myth II: soulblighter
Blood
Severance: blade of darkness
Die by the sword

I'm like many, I would like to see Duke Nukem 3d come out in cleaner graphics and also FF7. I was amazed when E3 showed a movie of FF7 running on PS3 hardware. I thought "holy cow, is it going to come out again," then they said it was a demo and I was saddened.

I think it would be cool if they could make an interactive version of the NES game, Punch Out. :cool:

I'm sorry but Fallout being redone will just not be Fallout. Fallout with an isometric view isn't Fallout. If you are making it isometric you don't need such a great engine.

out of this world... muaha with todays tech/gfx they could do such a kick ass job with OOTW I swear.. and it had a good storyline to boot

3WAYsplit said:

hell yea. mafia actually still looks great to me at high resolution and detail. wonder what happened to mafia2, the dev team said they were working on it a loong time ago. that was one of the few games that i never needed the patch for(patch only fixed one thing that only happened to certain people)

Techx said:
out of this world... muaha with todays tech/gfx they could do such a kick ass job with OOTW I swear.. and it had a good storyline to boot

Out of This World was excellent. Definitely one of the better games from that time. I originally played it on my Amiga and it was called Another World. :)

I definitely second Duke Nukem 3D. Can't believe they haven't furthered that franchise yet. If they'd done it right it could've been bigger than Doom by now.

I loved Mafia but I'd rather see a sequel than a remake.

I definitely wouldn't change anything about the combat system or general environment of Fallout I just want it to be prettier...

I have a penchant for old school cyberpunk games, so ones I;d like to see remade with todays tech include:

Neuromancer - Based on the incredible ground-breaking 1984 novel by William Gibson, this game was so badass when I first got it. Neuromancer came relatively close to capturing Gibson's "hightech lowlife" world, though the game was more overtly humorous than the book. I preordered it from Interplay in '89 and had it a month before it hit the shelves. Consequently, I was able to release a walkthrough/strategy guide on the BBS circuit within a couple days of the store release (the walkthough is still available in dusty corners of the Net to this day).

Syndicate - More gloomy techno-goodness. Corporate espoionage is cranked up a level or two in the middle future, featuring private cyborg squads sent on missions to steal, infiltrate, assassinate and destroy, all in the name of beating out the other guy (rival corporations).

Starflight - Perhaps the best space exploration game ever made, featuring over 2050 star systems and almost 1000 planets to explore/exploit.

My favorites so far:
Star Control - 3D Graphics, NOT 3D movement
Fallout :D++ (3rd Person)
Command and Conquer Gold [PC] - I like the normal, realistic units
X-wing vs TIE fighter
Dark Forces series
Duke Nukem 3d

Some More:
Raiden II - I can dream :p Top-down scrolling bliss
X-Men Arcade game - So many hours with several friends :)
Rock N Roll Racing / RC Pro AM II - 2D movement ONLY
Total Annihilation - WAY ahead of it's time (TA Spring not good enough)
What's that one that Alone in the dark was based on? The name escapes me, but 2D platformers rule.

There are so many more games I would love to play with nothing changed except for updated graphics. Maybe I'll add more later. ;)

the ENTIRE wing commander series including privateer
and xwing/tiefighter
fallout would be nice
maelstrom
horizons which was a sequal to some pirate game

How could I forget, SNATCHER.

A GREAT cyber-punk adventure game which was actually made for the consoles.

With one of the best versions (for english) being the Sega cd version.

I'd LOVE to see them make a new one. It was created by Hideo Kojima (MGS guy).

http://www.jjau.8m.com/thekremlin/about.html

Chrono Trigger
GoldenEye
Castlevania
Zelda (Nintendo and Super Nintendo versions)

Cowcaster88 said:
I'm like many, I would like to see Duke Nukem 3d come out in cleaner graphics and also FF7. I was amazed when E3 showed a movie of FF7 running on PS3 hardware. I thought "holy cow, is it going to come out again," then they said it was a demo and I was saddened.

I think it would be cool if they could make an interactive version of the NES game, Punch Out. :cool:
I believe it was in the July issue of EGM where Q-mann (the rumors guy) said that Square is definitely, definitely working on an FF7 remake for PS3, despite their claims to the contrary. It's just a rumor, of course, but Qmann has rarely led me astray.

I would like to see an internet-enabled version of Goldeneye on the PC, and a remake of Ocarina of Time. That game is just amazing.

Blood Money
4D Stunt Driving (aka "Stunts")
Armour-Geddon (screenshots)

The last two would need some updates of game-play also, like networking for more than two players, but I'm assuming no one else is talking about straight remakes.

I must vote down the DoTT suggestion. One does not fuck with perfection.

Same thing with TA. Chris is already doing his vision for a new TA, so no point in rehashing perfection there either. And a 3D remake of BG?!?! No point. Time better spent on NEW adventures.

Blood Money was pretty fun but hard as bloody hell. I remember all the Psygnosis games being ridiculously hard. My friends used to joke that they were so hard because they really only had 3 levels because nobody would ever make it past the first two.

I vaguely remember playing Archon II on my old Amiga. Seems like it was pretty addictive.

Anyone remember Turrican II? That had to have been one of the best side-scrolling platform games of all time.

How about Drakken? I remember the first time a dragon fell out of the sky I nearly fell out of my chair.

>Blood Money was pretty fun but hard as bloody hell.

I was fucking amazing at Blood Money, really. I'm not much of a gamer nowadays (as anyone looking up my BF2 stats can see <sob>), but Blood Money was My Game. Of course, my friends would all call me greedy.. hey, you either pick up your money, or _I_ will ;-)

> I remember all the Psygnosis games being ridiculously hard.

They were hard, but I've never thought of them as extraordinary. At least Blood Money could be learnt since the attack-patterns weren't random. Each time you'd get a little further, and oddly, I never really tired of playing the levels.

> so hard because they really only had 3 levels because nobody would ever make it past the first two.

But anyone could play any of the four Blood Money worlds by just completing one of them, and the first one ("Water" or whatever) wasn't very hard at all. You could start with either of two worlds because you started with like $200, right, and the other cost $300 and $400 or some such?

>I vaguely remember playing Archon II on my old Amiga. Seems like it was pretty addictive.

Hmm.. I think I played that on the C64? Anyhow, great game. Could certainly use a good update. There were one on the PC IIRC but it never really hit home the same way... or was that Battlechess III? Oh, bugger.

>Anyone remember Turrican II?

Yes, very popular still, though honestly I think most remember it (or the first game anyway) for the music, not the actual game. People have even reverse-engineered the sound player which was used for a very limited set of games. If you download Foobar 2000 today you'll get suport for this format :)

Pong!

Just imagine how cool it could be with modern graphix. Then again maybe not.

Nuc_E said:
Chalk up another vote for Privateer. Privateer 2 was ok, but it didn't have the charm or as good of gameplay as Privateer/RF. There is a "homebrew" Privateer remake out there. I'd like to see what these guys could do with commercial backing:
http://wcuniverse.sourceforge.net/

Chalk up another vote for Crusader: No Remorse/No Regret also. Same story, same Silencer, same weapons, same interactive environment (i.e. being able to blow just about everything up) but in FPS format.

Heretic/Hexen on the Doom 3 engine.

Strike Commander

Recoil done as an MMO game

Yes I forgot about Privateer. One of two games I enjoyed from that franchise. The second being Wing Commander Prophecy.

I also second the Heretic/Hexen game on the D3 engine. I'd also like to see another Aliens vs. Predator on the D3 engine.

Allegiance
Descent1 or 2

I truely miss these games.

I know you can still play Allegiance and it's free, but I want to have my pick of 2000 servers all with at least 128 players :(

One of the best, if not the best Infogrames games
- SILVER-
dunnow if people remember it, i got it as a xmas present from my dad, god i was so overwhelmed that it was on 2cd's lol hey were talking 1999 lol anyway one of the best games i ever played, maybe becsue i was still 11 yrs old but the story, scenery and general setup were all really involving - fantastic sceneries for that time also check it out
+ fantastic weapon selection stage by stage, projectile weapons, magic weapons, magine orbs, health/food and special moves waaaaaaa this is one of the best games ever created in that area
+ awesome control interface holding control clicking and dragging in a differnt direction with a different move respectively~ hell it was 1999 and yet i haven't seen a game with the same flexiable concept

http://dreamcast.ign.com/objects/012/012682.html

i certainly wouldn't be sorry if they remade it~

PS: if someone knows how to make this game work on windows xp i would relly be grateful, can't contrain the nostalgic effect that just took me over reviewing screenshots etc PLS anyone!

Final Fantasy 3
Secret of Mana
Legend Of Zelda
Chrono Trigger

If they updated these with only a new graphics engine, I would buy them in an instant.

StarControl 2: If they remade this game with the Freespace 2 engine, it would be an award winner.

> Carrier Command and Elite.

Great nominations. How about Star Flight?

Elite......Bell and Braben, the gaming gods. Gosh i must've spent countless hours with that game. I remember clearly when i first got my status "deadly", then "elite". Elite 2 and 3 were utter garbage though. They made the mistake to try to reinvent the game, which was already perfect imho.

Take the original Elite and put todays GFX on and I'm hooked once more....

Mining Laser anyone?

Back