Old motherboard, what PSU does it need?

Aku12

Gawd
Hi,

I bought this mobo/cpu/ram about a year ago used from a local computer store "spare parts bin". It has everything onboard and is really small, perfect for a project i have going. But the problem is, i have never seen a power connector like this before. The CPU on it is a Celeron 450.

It needs 2 plugs on it for power, one is a standard molex, the best i can discribe the other is, it is just like the p4 4 prong connectors, but has 6 prongs.
I have a celeron 433 board, a pentium 133 and several atx psu's and not a single psu has the plug this board needs.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jesse

they have those on a lot of supermicro and server boards. it's the same thing asd the +12v rail, but it has 6 pins, not sure of the exacts though. you just have to find a PSU that supports it. try a supermicro case with a redundant PUSU

i looked those up, it looks like they have a 8 prong adapter just like what i need, but mine only has 6...

also im not sure that i want to spend over $100 on a psu for a $12 mobo/cpu/ram combo...

here is some pictures:

mobo.jpg

closeup.jpg

Is that an ASUS motherboard? If so I would try to pull the model number off of it and try to find a review or something on the board. I have no clue what the connection is for.

No, I just did some more searching and found out that it is a pull from a PC Chips Book PC, which was very prone to blowing a psu... and i seems that i could buy an entire new book pc for about the same price as a PSU for this thing... im guessing it is going to the garbage now...

Back