Oldest card you're still gaming with

On my Old Games Rig (Intel PIII 500 MHz), I have an ATI Mach 64GX (from 1994), and two 3Dfx Voodoo2 12MB cards in SLI (the orginal SLI).
I play the original System Shock, System Shock 2, Quake 2, Thief: The Dark Project, and X-COM, etc.

good old Trio 64, i use that for all my retro gaming (space Invaders FTW) i got a 6600 for my pIII, and a 9250 for my Backup Machine.

2 or 3 have me beat by a pretty good margin, but I have an old Dell with an ATI Rage 128 32Mb card. I play some UT01 Game of the Year, old Commander Keen, Duke Nukum, Missile Command :p, Wolfenstein 3D, Fracas, etc.

Well for 2 days I had to use my old Diamond Stealth s220, The old 2100 vid card with 4 megs of ram on it.

i'm afraid I have all of you beat - gaming here with a 9100 PCI card.

On the wife's P3 850 I play Medal Of Honor Allied Assault and Spearhead with a PNY GF4 Ti4200 128mb, agp 4x 8x, default clocks at 250/513.

That was one of the Best Buy $79 or whatever, crazy sales a few years back remember?
You didn't know if you were going to get a 64mb or 128mb version and at what clock speed it would be.

I remember posting this find here at the [H] and we were all picking up Ti 4200s cheap.
I had at the time a Visiontek Ti 4200 128mb agp I paid over $200 for in a 1.2ghz Tualatin [ formerly a Dell XPS R, P2 450] that was 2x/4x agp and clocked lower than the PNY.

That Dell purchased in Oct 98 as described is still running and my son plays UT99 and Freedom Fighters on it with the Visiontek ti4200 at the moment.

The Dell original power supply is rated at 200 watts by the way and it's still pushing a 40 gig WD hdd,[ IBM 12gb was oem] 2 cdr burners, fans with leds, floppy, 4port usb 2.0 pci card, nic, etc, etc, I'm staring at the 19" crt right now.
Sorry I got sidetracked re: the old Dell but it just struck me that the dam thing is in it's ninth year gaming!
I will never forget how awed I was playing Q2 with the oem STB 16mb TNT.:p

My actual main card right now is a Radeon 9000pro, LOL (in the middle of an upgrade...kinda)

Handles everything quite well, actually. Running 6.14 cats or something along those lines...everything is super smooth. CS 1.6 @ 1600x1200...yum. Never drops under the 70fps cap.

Yeh, bloefield. Picked up one of those PNY TI4200 128 meg in a 64 meg box myself. It was a pricematch to Compusa. The box had a different marking on it. When acrosss town to the non busy Best Buy. and lucked out. And I had the Diamond version of that STB 16 meg card. Remember how excited I was about how Quake and Tomb Raider looked. Sure did appreciate the upgrades in those days. They were something to get excited about. My first cad was the original 4 meg Voodoo. It was sweat with Quake 1. didn't work with Duke Nukem tho. as I remember. Set up a home network back then and had 4 computers in the house. It was great fun playing Quake and Duke coop. And then heritic 2. The best coop game ever made. If you have any young kids, try playing it with them some day. Garanteed you will enjoy it. Enjoyed the games back then, when you have limited time the learning curve was less.

Still poking along on an MSI GeForce4 Ti4400. I got the special edition with a purple PCB :p

Now I'm just waiting for cheaper DX10 cards...

My brother only plays Rogue Spear. He refuses to get into any other FPS.

His system: PII - 350mhz with 128mb of RAM, 20 gig drive, and an 64mb ATI Rage Fury MAXX.
And he still runs Win 98SE. Loser.

i use to play on a mx420, 6600GT, now 8800GTS. my sisters use the mx420 on their dell.

I am currently running and looking at the words typing across the screen with a Geforce4 MMX 440 with 64 megs of ram...running my screen at 1024 X 768

My current processor is an Athlon XP with MMX, 3D Now 1.5GHZ with 1024 megs of PC133 memory currently fired up on an IWILL KK266+ board.

I think I got you all beat!!!!

HAHAHAHA This thing still runs and is my main computer for everthing my family does...TAXES, VIDEO editing, Internet, Gaming...everything!!!

The most recent games I have been playing are IL-2 Sturmovik, Dawn of War (relic), Call Of Duty.

The thing finally ran out of gas and will not play a game I bought called FABLE by MSFT.

I am in the process and research stage of a new system...have 750.00 saved up...

I am in the process and research stage of a new system...have 750.00 saved up...

That'd make a great E4300, P5b-e, 8800GTS(320) and 2GB Corsair RAM... system ;)

Can you say... maybe 8-10x faster in game than your current sytem lol.

I think you'd need just over 800$.

I sometimes game with a Geforce 2 MX :D Though it's really only renegade and a bit of Halo :p

I am currently running and looking at the words typing across the screen with a Geforce4 MMX 440 with 64 megs of ram...running my screen at 1024 X 768

My current processor is an Athlon XP with MMX, 3D Now 1.5GHZ with 1024 megs of PC133 memory currently fired up on an IWILL KK266+ board.

I think I got you all beat!!!!

HAHAHAHA This thing still runs and is my main computer for everthing my family does...TAXES, VIDEO editing, Internet, Gaming...everything!!!

The most recent games I have been playing are IL-2 Sturmovik, Dawn of War (relic), Call Of Duty.

The thing finally ran out of gas and will not play a game I bought called FABLE by MSFT.

Heh, I remember playing Il2 with almost the same system. 1.6Ghz P4 and Geforce 2 MX400.

I got a 12MB Voodoo2 running in an old P3 box for classic stuff. The main card in the system is a Ti4600.

I finished FEAR using my daughter's box. It has a 128mb R8500 albeit at 800x600 with some min/med settings.

Still plays FarCry pretty well also with some tweaks.

I have a MX4000 128mb, 275mhz core speed, i did have a FX5200 OC, till i took it to my cousins house and fried it lol, Runs Warrock, and BF2 fine, but the graphics dont look as great as it should lol.

Current- ATI X1950 Pro PCI-E
Old Desktop Computer- ASUS Geforce 2 MX-400 AGP
Laptop 1- Ati Rage 2 PCI
Laptop 2- Intel Graphics Accelerator 2

Played games on all of them, but recently just used my current PC. No need for the others.

I have a Trident 9680 installed in an old rig, i use it to play Duke Nukem 3D !!!

i want to say ATI RAGE 128 *not sure since comp is at my other house* i recieved this in 1999 from a gateway comp. it was pretty elite playing Episode One Phantom Menace on that thing.

as for what i have NOW would be my GeForce 4 TI4600 64MB. plays warcraft III lovely

Playing GuildWars on an Athlon 1800+ with a TI4200. 17FPS on High settings.

I have the parts downstairs in my lab for a E6600, 8800GTS 320MB, w/ Foxconn micro-ATX MB and 2GB PC6400 Ram. Too bad it is going into a For Sale rig and not mine.

my X800GTO is the crappiest i actually game with. I have a 2.2Ghz P4 with a geforce 4 though i never use it for games.

Up until 2 months ago, I had my second card, and my first card taht really opened up the door for T&L... geForce 256.. wow.. Make a huge transition from my Voodoo 2 2000 in SLI.. however.. Quake Glide was alway purdy to look at..

I'm still on a rig I built 2 years ago with an x800xtpe agp. FEAR: Extraction Point is the only game right now that's spankin my card. Haven't tried Oblivion and I don't want to until I build a new rig. Otherwise, everything else plays just fine at 1600x1200 with high to medium details.

I put together an old computer with a Sierra Screamin' 3D (Rendition Verite chipset). Installed Windows 95, and just for fun: vQuake and the Verite-accelerated version of Tomb Raider. MAN, that was sweet for it's day, but it really sucks compared to today.

My wife plays WoW on a 2.0 GHZ celeron with 512MB of pc2100 and the kicker...a 9200SE PCI card (Yes i said PCI) I personally dont consider it "playable" but she refuses to spend any money on a computer and says shes OK with it.

9800 Pro here (and 4x AGP...). Last games I were able to run decently were HL:E1 and Guild Wars. Company of Heroes was playable but everything has to be kept on low settings.

Back