Omega Nvidia Drivers

KillaChaos

Limp Gawd
I came across the nvidia omega drivers today, (http://www.omegadrivers.net/) and this is the first time I have heard of them. I quick search pulled up people using them. Does anyone have any links to real world applications of the omega drivers versus the forceware ones?

Back in the day Omega Drivers were the shit. When video cards had stuff basically locked out (ex Pixel Pipelines), these drivers unlocked it. Also provided some FPS gains in some games as well. I believe the guy basically moved on and hasnt really produce these drivers anymore. Your better off with updated Forceware drivers.

Yea, pretty much what lazy said, they used to be awesome, but now you would be better off just using the latest forceware drivers.

I actually had to use the omega drivers to fix a problem once. me and a friend built a pc for his parents. it was either that or they buy a slower dell for more $$$. they used the money we saved them to buy a nice monitor. Anyway, they were having issues with playing videos on youtube or WMP 9 with the radeon x300 they had (was new back then). The colors were totally screwed up, but the desktop and all that was fine. So i tried upgrading to the newest ATI drivers, same problem. uninstall and reinstall of the ones that came with the card. no dice. Finally I installed the omega drivers. That fixed it.

Omegas were HAWT for ATI cards. cant believe i just said HAWT. they usually elminated bugs and increased IQ while maintaining or increases FPS. Omega also created ATI drivers for mobile cards that were previously only obtainable from the specific laptop MFG (ATI didnt have unified mobile GFX chipset drivers and rarely ever released updates).

never tried his nvidia drivers and he never supported 64-bit so its been at least 2 years since i used his shit. was top quality, though...

right now i'm using Xtreme-G Forceware drivers. not sure if i notice a difference, but i did have some crashing in the latest 175 beta i'd been using, and this X-G version of the same beta works great.

Back