Omega or OCFaq drivers?

DaveX

[H]ard|Gawd
Which ones do you prefer? Which one is better for softmodding? I want to know what you guys think. Isn't the OCFaq drivers also not approved by Futuremark in 3DMark testing? I don't think it really matters but I hate having to look at a paragraph of red warning text. All opinions welcome. I'd just like to say I love W1zzard's work.

I use Omega drivers (PERIOD) for the ATI in my lappy. I have had way too many games run crappy (tearing, stuttering, crashing, lockups, etc) on Cats and the old ATI drivers. Now, for my Nvidia GF series cards, I just run the official drivers, since they run fine on most new games. I have tried Omega Nvidia drivers a while back, but I saw no real advantage.

Never tried OCFaq drivers, so I won't say they are bad, I just know the Omegas are good. ATI has even recognized Omegacorner as having some of the best tweaked drivers you can get.

eh, personally I just use the ocfaq ones. I used to use the omega ones before I decided the tweaks werent worth it and I wanted more or less stock drivers(w/ overclocking for my 9000 of course) so I use ocfaq. Either way, they are both good drivers.

Originally posted by DaveX
OCFaq drivers aren't "approved" by Futuremark right?

All that is different is the hacked ones on there...The rest are jsut regular CATs...

Back