OMG i got a ps3 this mourning~~!!!!

Wow. Amazing.

Last Wednesday a buddy that works in a local walmart's electronics department gave me the heads up that they got in 4 PS3's, 2 60GB and 2 20GB. I went up there, put a 20GB on the credit card, and put it on ebay. While prices aren't what they were, I made $300 just by driving 5 minutes to walmart and floating it on my credit card for a few weeks. Not too bad....

Now you can go on about the resellers taking all the consoles away from the true gamers. Here's the deal. If you are determined, it's NOT HARD to get a PS3 from a legit retail location. My walmart has gotten 3 shipments, and it is in a town of 6,000 people. If people would rather pay above retail and buy on ebay rather than spend a little time talking to employees respectfully and getting info from a couple stores to get them, let them.

Second, the 1080i problem made me CRAZY mad. Most CRT and RPTV HDTV's don't do 720p at all! Up until about a year and a half ago, CRT and RPTV were the only affordable forms of HDTV. Now I own a 32" CRT HDTV that does 480i, 480p, and 1080i. Every HD device that I've plugged in, regardless if it was 720p or 1080i, managed to work with the tv and upconvert properly. Somehow Sony managed to produce the killer HD product that doesn't do what almost all other HD devices before it has done, work with hdtv's. If they can fix it with a firmware patch, coo. However, their most recent press release says they might not be able to, and that it's not all their fault. They are blaming the tv's (many of which sony produced, XBR 34" and 40" anyone???) for not natively supporting 720p, when the platform as a majority doesn't do! </rant>

Bottom line, PS3's aren't hard to get, and if Sony wants to get me to buy a PS3 and KEEP it, I suggest they make it so that I'm not paying $500-$600 to output 480p (which I did on my gamecube btw), at least include component cables (again the gamecube did it, now the 360), and have more than 1 good game. Also, I NEED to be able to play Guitar Hero on a backwards compatible system. If they can accomplish those things, I might consider buying another one and opening it up for a bit.

If they were hard to get I wouldnt have had my hands on 3 already.

2002980751342392491_rs.jpg

yes. really.

majority of the people certainly don´t have 1080i displays though it would of course be better if the PS3 supports it even if it lacks power...

I am quite sure most PS3 sells to bidders outside the US because there is like zero in south america, Australia, Europe...

audiophile... it doesn't have to support 720p natively... just take it as an input... almost all TV's do that...

My CRT HDTV supports 720p and upconverts it to 1080i

I think the OP answered his own question, if he really wants the PS3 he wouldnt even consider Ebay atm as theres not much profit in it

Tutelary said:
If they were hard to get I wouldnt have had my hands on 3 already.

that'd be like Bill Gates saying it isnt hard to be a billionaire otherwise he wouldnt be one. oh please........

its obviously very hard to get a PS3 otherwise the supply and demand ration wouldnt be so high. like it or not, but consider yourself lucky that you do have one (or several).

I walked into a Best Buy on saturday and they had 4 20GB PS3s sitting on the shelf. I asked a clerk how long they'd been there and he told me 2 days. I said "Why havn't people snatched these up."

He shrugged.

Wow, it's hard to believe that's it that easy. Maybe it's location/city specific. In the northwest is seems unlikely that either the wii or ps3 will just be sitting on the shelf. Every store I call say's that when they do get some in they are sold out in 10 minutes. I think in my area you literally have to be at the store when a shipment happens to come in.

Oh, and the manager at the best buy store should be fired if they let ps3's go unsold. I guarantee it would only take one PA announcement and they would be sold. I think people quit asking if they had them instock.

Back