Omg I Have The Phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell yeah kyle I knew you would spill it's guts :D Take that infinium labs! your secrets are no longer safe:D Also looking forward to the article:)

That is the biggest console I've ever layed eyes on. Although Kyle did a great job downsizing it.

Cheers to Kyle

so is this the first killed phantom?

the [H]ard gets another notch on its belt.

i remember they were the first(?) to kill a 3.06ghz p4 in their dual vapochill setup.
and wernt they the first to kill a 1ghz thunderbird too?

meh, seems like a childish thing to do, honestly, but still cool :p.

looking forward to the article...

Igg said:
seems like the phantom is just a sff pc with proprietary software to load/manage games.. what a rip

ha definantly not a sff that thing is huge

TekieB said:
and oh yeah, half the back ports went NOWHERE, the s-vid and composite both went to the same place, the svid of the 5600, the audio was hooked up, and so was the cat 5.

If you connect the two signal wires in a s-video cable together, then it is nothing more than composite so I can understand those two going to the same place.

TekieB, the mere fact that you got that drive is awesome.

The 45 minutes spent tracking you down and eventually finding your phone number have definitely been the highlight of this month for me so far.

A grapevine thing I heard was that this might have been the only actual gen1 prototype. I doubt that this is true - there's probably at least one more - but if it is, there is almost something sad about that.

However, I'd worry more about what Jason McDermott, cousin of Tim Roberts, said about what Tim was feeling like right now.

Apparently he is *very* pissed and considers this property stolen, although my understanding from other grapeline matters again is that this is actually untrue.

Regardless of what the reality is, a wariness towards the wrathful Tim Roberts may be wise.

I don't, however, think he's likely to actually recover that property, regardless.

Captain N said:
TekieB, the mere fact that you got that drive is awesome.

The 45 minutes spent tracking you down and eventually finding your phone number have definitely been the highlight of this month for me so far.

A grapevine thing I heard was that this might have been the only actual gen1 prototype. I doubt that this is true - there's probably at least one more - but if it is, there is almost something sad about that.

However, I'd worry more about what Jason McDermott, cousin of Tim Roberts, said about what Tim was feeling like right now.

Apparently he is *very* pissed and considers this property stolen, although my understanding from other grapeline matters again is that this is actually untrue.

Regardless of what the reality is, a wariness towards the wrathful Tim Roberts may be wise.

I don't, however, think he's likely to actually recover that property, regardless.

Anyone would have to be crazy to "give" Tim his property back..... I say we auction it off to support Kyle with the lawsuit :D

TekieB said:
Sry for the blurriness, it's an iffy camera. But the insides were lame, but the back pannel is going on my wall when i get home :D. Another guy has the case and mobo, all it was was a p4, 512 ram, and a 5600.

Kyle said an article was in store soon

Once again proving that consoles are a WASTE OF TIME. Console systems are only mini repackaged computers that you can hook up to a regular TV and use special disks. PCs are the only way to go man.

Tytanium said:
Once again proving that consoles are a WASTE OF TIME. Console systems are only mini repackaged computers that you can hook up to a regular TV and use special disks. PCs are the only way to go man.

i would have to agree they are getting so big and noisy now you might aswell put a standard size pc in it's place.

fatrat said:
So does anyone got a video?

That would be sweet to see.

Yes, DEFINITELY!!! I would love to see a video of Kyle introducing this Phantom, and then taking the baseball bat and just beating the crap out of it! :D

reminds me of what a couple friends and I thought of an old 386 motherboard and chip we found in our old HS tech lab... we decided to take hockey sticks to it and take every single chip off the [H]ard way :D

Here's the shot I was able to get just after it was struck and parts are flying :D

phantom.jpg

CIWS said:
Here's the shot I was able to get just after it was struck and parts are flying :D

phantom.jpg

Hey Matt, who were the poor lackeys that had to hold the shield up for Kyle?

Hot damn Kyle, I wish I could work with you guys. Dealing with problems in true [H] style. Can we find out the story of how it ended up in the bunker? :D

FUCKIN Awesome, well done Kyle

You guys should send it back to them asking for a replacement as it couldnt stand up to some [H]ard Testing

I was there, they gave out soooooo much stuff. Of course I didn't get anything, bu everything was still worth the price of admission. :D

sandman1687 said:
if/when you manage to image the hard drive, i would love if you would upload it to me. PM me when done, thanks.

I totally second this. I would love to futz around with that image.

The image is incomplete :( it isn't bootable, and I need to tweak it a bit, I have been asked to "remove" some stuff from it from certian people.

I have some DV video footage of the smashing that I will upload to my server as soon as I get home.... sometime Monday ;)

'Twas good to hang out with TekieB at the party as well :)

TekieB said:
The image is incomplete :( it isn't bootable, and I need to tweak it a bit, I have been asked to "remove" some stuff from it from certian people.
I'll take an imcomplete image.

the real ban hammer right there. [H] Power *nazi style salute*

i gotta go to qcon next year... jesus

I Love it. HA HA HA. It's all junk like we all thought. Great job Kyle.

TekieB said:

I hope those "certain people" don't get under your skin too much.

I was there it was great the whole crowd (which was quite large I say around 1000 people) cheering for the Phantom's fate. You know actually Kyle throw the "Phantom" name badge that poped off the console into the audience. A guy a couple seats down from me got it and he said he was going to ebay it. So watch out for Phantom memorbillia on ebay.

I acutally won a mobo! Wooo! Heh after 3 years of going to every hard workshop I got a mobo! Woohoo! Of course I don't have a processor (A64 mobo), nor do I have a case that would fit it as my primary rig is mATX. We'll see I may have to spend up a bunch of cash to make this work.

BTW I searched ebay and I found this... (somewhat unrelated but kinda funny what it says)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=187&item=8124736538

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Exposing a company that engages in fraudulent behaviour is a good thing. Destroying perfectly good computer parts is not. But I would guess that this sort of waste probably doesn't even register for someone who drives a Hummer. Probably just another reason to pat himself on the back. I'm sure the judge in the civil suit will be most impressed with his professionalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back