OMG just got a GTX580 through Gigabyte GTX480 RMA!

JoeUser

2[H]4U
Wooow...had the RMA my GTX480 a couple weeks ago and just got my replacement card....a freaking GTX580! And it's a Ultra Durable model with the badass triple fan cooler to boot! I'm actually quite surprised as in my opinion the GTX570 would have been a more equal performance replacement. Unless Gigabyte replaces cards based on original level/performance?

Either case...got a $500 card to replace one that I bought for $200 used here on the forums!

Way to go Gigabyte! Definitely a good RMA experience!

Wow you are lucky. Although they were probably out of 480s and the obvious substitute would be 580. This makes me consider Gigabyte if they are that generous.

Well, in this economy, every one thinks twice before buying. But with this, no one thinks before buying. Just get the ones that stand behind its products and does what it takes to satisfy its customers. Who could claim base on this that he's or she's not satisfied?
Killer deal.

Overclocks to 1002mhz stable at 75C full load using Furmark...absolutely amazing card!

Go Gigabyte!

I should buy some older cards just to RMA them lol

I was thinking about that but I don't know if this is the case all the time...might have just been short on GTX480 supply...don't want to spend $250 on a used GTX480 just to get another one back!

is gigabyte like asus just using the SN for warranty (aside from asus rma suckng)? it doesn't need to be registered or anything?

Congratz on that. Something to keep in mind when I get a new card next year

Woah, congrats. I'm looking to get a new card, maybe I should go with Gigabyte.

I've had good luck with Gigabyte's RMA service as well which is the reason why they are my favourite hardware manufacturer as well. Never had any problems with them.

Glad this worked out well for you bro! I have always had great success with Gigabyte, but not that kind of luck.

I should buy some older cards just to RMA them lol

Then you'll get the OP's recertified 480 in return.:p

Gigabyte took a full month (after receiving it) to replace my P35 DQ6 a couple years ago. Wasn't good or bad I guess, but I suppose it wasn't Sapphire bad.

Been using Gigabyte cards for quite sometime now (back since 9800 Pro and 6800GT) and had nothing but good luck with them. Always love their cards. Recent experience has been fantastic with the 6950 running at 6970 spec since day 1.

Congrats!

And back at Gigabyte Headquarters a executive is chewing out the guy from the RMA division.

Executive: YOU DID WHAT? YOU F**KING IDIOT!! YOU'RE FIRED!

Seriously, though. Nice score, man. :D

I'll have to take Gigabyte into consideration now, that's great customer service

I've been a loyal EVGA fan for pretty much forever, but maybe next round I'll price-compare :)

Wow way to go, I agree that the GTX 570 would have been a more performance comperable part but that would have given you a more narrow memory bus along with less vram and although that's just stuff on paper they may have thought about that and figured the 580 was the right way to please the customer. Good job Gigabyte. I have made a mental note to consider them

Gigabyte +Rep

Awesome! I just got a new EVGA card. Maybe I should have gotten a Gigabyte.

I sent Crucial a Radeon 9100 back in the day and they sent me back a 9800 pro after the second one of those I needed to replace. Pitty they don't do gfx cards anymore because they had an awesome warranty too.

glad to hear of your positive RMA experience. I'm not looking for free upgrades, but I'll put gigabyte on my short list next time I look at video cards. Already considering a gigabyte mobo.

I am sure they just ran out. I have had ram doubled in capacity on an RMA. Companies will do things like this randomly, they wont make a habit of it though because then people will start abusing it.

I had the same thing happen with BFG a few years ago. You gotta' love it when that surprise comes your way.

Back